1. Post
    LOL, apparently you can get a real world racing license by completing various tasks in the game, makes perfect sense I suppose, now I'm just waiting for Activision to announce that the next COD will grant you a real world firearms license............

I wonder if I approached my local council and explained to them about how great I am at Tropico if they'd give me a job in the Mayors office?

2. Post
    does the polyphony racing licence program instruct you to drive into any car parked on the racing line as if it where not even there.....

3. Post
    Looks like GT Sport may not have a career mode. Unsure what to make of this...

4. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Looks like GT Sport may not have a career mode. Unsure what to make of this...
    There's also going to be NO dynamic lighting and rain/weather either!

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-wi...me-or-weather/

5. Post
    **breaking news**

just announced due to constraints they have had to remove the cars as well

6. Post
    Gran Turismo balloon racing?

7. Post
    birdman wrote:

Meh, picking either day/night and wet/dry is fine by me but no career mode at all for a full price game is just crazy. Also, if it is online only, how are they going to enforce the MP? They could use a points system similar to iRacing but then people would kick up a fuss.

8. Post
    the traditional "career mode" was obsolete a long time ago. gt and forza kept adding more and more event just so they could print the number on the back of the box. once you have sufficient funds to buy what you want it just becomes a tedious grind. I'm all for a change-up.

9. Post
    JRS wrote:
    the traditional "career mode" was obsolete a long time ago. gt and forza kept adding more and more event just so they could print the number on the back of the box. once you have sufficient funds to buy what you want it just becomes a tedious grind. I'm all for a change-up.
    My experience with Forza 6 is the career mode having much, much less events than Forza 4 and I found it even worse. The problem lies in the credits you get for winning races - the Forza 6 'wheel of fortune' turned all this into a joke. IIRC GT4 was the last game where I actually had to make a choice as to which part to put on my car. Credits need to be reduced back to those levels so you actually had to make a choice between what races to participate and what cars to upgrade.

I'd like to see a change-up too but MP only on a full price game wasn't what I had in mind.

10. Post
    The fact they're giving away heaps of in game credit for pre-ordering already tells me they don't get it.

11. Post
    birdman wrote:

The key word is 'Dynamic'. It will still have Day/night time racing and weather, but it just won't change during the race. Which I don't mind that much.

No Single player campaign tho is a bit meh.

12. Post

13. Post

14. Post
    Man they're certainly relying on the goodwill of long time fans these days considering they basically have nothing to show for all the time they've used developing this.

15. Post
    They lost me at no career mode anyway. I normally enjoy the career mode for these games then stop playing. Multiplayer doesn't interest me at all.

16. Post
    Such a long wait, but its looking really good will easily be the best GT yet. Info on GT:Sports for those that don't know, will have a good lot of offline content.

Cars in such:
    You might think that from its name that Gran Turismo Sport is dedicated to competition models, but there are plenty of exciting production vehicles in the mix to cater to all driving enthusiasts.

Each vehicle has been recreated in remarkable detail, from the internal structure of the headlights to the gaps between the body panels and the stitching of the seats. We have strived to instill the passion of the car designers themselves who brought these cars to life from the sketch pad.

The full lineup consists of 140 vehicles, including original cars. The race cars featured in Gran Turismo Sport are classified into categories based on real-world motorsports and tweaked to provide equal conditions during competition.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i1QPCRXoi7ZZr.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	216076

For example, Group 3 is based on the real-world GT3 class, which includes FIA-approved machines such as the Audi R8 LMS, McLaren 650S and Renault Sport R.S. 01 GT3. It also includes cars like the Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo, Subaru WRX and the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 that have all been customised by Gran Turismo to meet GT3 specifications. This allows race fans who've always wanted to see GT3 versions of their favourite cars compete with others on the track.

In modifying these machines, actual vehicle regulations were taken into account, including everything from the wing and front spoilers to the steering wheel and instrument panel.
    Physics & info on what modes are available, including a good amount of offline content.
    Real physics makes it easier to drive

Do you feel that driving a simulator is difficult, more difficult than driving a real-life car? Well, your opinion is about to change because we refined our physics to offer a better sense of control that honestly conveys the playerís input.

In the same way you drive a real car, you will be able to control the vehicle represented in the game with increased depth to the controls. While itís based on the principles of the very first Gran Turismo, the new physics engine has evolved significantly, making it suited for beginners and experts alike.
    The joy of improving and advancing for everyone

The Campaign Mode of Gran Turismo Sport is a large scale offline content that provides a hands-on experience to allow even beginners to learn driving skills from scratch. They will eventually improve to a level where they can participate in major race events.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i183QQ9CG7dbr.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	216077

Beginnerís School
    From basic skills such as hitting the brakes and how to turn into a corner, fundamentals can be learned from the bottom up, which will prove invaluable for newcomers to driving games.

Mission Challenge
    As you work your way through short missions, you will automatically pick up fundamental driving skills without even realising it. In the end, you will have a level of skill that will allow you to participate in major race events.

Circuit Experience
    Through actual experience on a race track, you will step into the true world of high-performance driving. Use the knowledge of track layouts learned in the mission challenges to pick up the basics of how to conquer a race track.

Race Etiquette
    In online, as well as real races, etiquette on the track is as important as performance. Learn the rules of etiquette and sportsmanship thatís required in all player-vs-player races. Even if youíre not a top driver with lots of confidence in your skills, you will still have plenty of fun because each player will be matched fairly with people of their own level for fair and equal online racing.

17. Post
    That crowd tho.

18. Post
    stunnning game

19. Post
    US accounts can sign up for beta here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ca...-beta-sign-up/

20. Post
    http://beta.software.eu.playstation.com/GTSportBeta
    EU sign ups, US get access first as servers only going to be live at certain times.

21. Post
    signed upo

22. Post

23. Post
    ^holy shitballs, that looks more realistic than driving to work does.

24. Post
    Dunno my traffic to work is worse

25. Post
    GT:Sport sign ups, not necessary for those who already signed up on the link I previously posted.
    *Those who have already applied for the Closed Beta Test from the SIEE/SIEA website do not need to apply again.
    http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/...d=em-st-103997