1. Post
    cheers signed up

2. Post
    Some beta footage from multiplayer

https://youtu.be/I-NFa4WaiFs?t=16m48s

I'm stoked they implemented their 'hybrid collisions' from GT:HD (or was it GT5:Prologue?). Basically, if a car is going too fast around a corner and is going to cause an accident, it turns collisions off so that car goes straight off the road. It should help the turn 1 crashes as all the wall-riders and munters will just go flying off the track.

edit: just going to chuck url in 'cause of playback occurred error.

3. Post

4. Post
    Don't those vids break the NDA?

5. Post
    so far all i've seen of this game is online races that dont looj much different fro gt5 and 6 which were medicore at best. the name seems to imply a shake-up of the GT formula but i've yet to see any significant evidence of this. hopefully better things to come because the ps4 for has been a bit crap for racing games so far.

6. Post
    JRS wrote:
    so far all i've seen of this game is online races that dont looj much different fro gt5 and 6 which were medicore at best. the name seems to imply a shake-up of the GT formula but i've yet to see any significant evidence of this. hopefully better things to come because the ps4 for has been a bit crap for racing games so far.
    The hybrid collisions alone should shake up the GT/Forza MP formula. How many races have been ruined because of a turn 1 pileup? Plus there's penalties and qualifying. which should make the whole experience much nicer as well.

Has anyone from Australia/NZ actually gotten into this beta yet?
    Last edited by BURN_BABY; 24th April 2017 at 12:36 am.

7. Post
    No code here. Welp.

8. Post
    DJ wrote:
    No code here. Welp.
    Google says nobody from Australasia has actually gotten an invite yet. I guess it's something to do with timezones.

9. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    The hybrid collisions alone should shake up the GT/Forza MP formula. How many races have been ruined because of a turn 1 pileup? Plus there's penalties and qualifying. which should make the whole experience much nicer as well.
    I disagree that that alone is enough. GT has been really stale for a long time now. The last great GT title was 3, and that was a PS2 launch title.

With the Forza franchise dropping games like Horizon 3, Gran Turismo really needs to up the ante big time. I'd say 'or face being left behind' but that came to pass when Forza 3 launched on the Xbox 360 all those years ago.

GT Sport so far does very very little to capture my attention. Once upon a time it was my favorite racing series, I'd love to see it reclaim that title but this doesn't look like the game that'll do it.

10. Post
    GT6 is just an upgraded version of GT1, same with all the other GT titles.. I don't see why people think the series is getting worse, sure the menu layout stays pretty much the same, their graphical style stays the same.. Its still just a racing game, can't really go in & change the way motor sports runs. Least GT provided NASCARs, Rally ,driving a moon buggy, Sierra, Greenwood hill climb, F1, X1, go karts, Vision GT & others.. I guess they could always branch out some more, get some Jet Boats, RC cars, add in that free roam mode people been wanting..

GT:Sports changing it up big anyways, big focus on online, racing earns you cars, better driving ranks you up & possible to even earn a IRL racing license. Still includes offline stuff, as games like Project Cars are just boring with nothing to work towards.

GT6 the best GT yet, its just GT1-5 but improved.. GT:Sports, not taking the GT7 name as it is shaking up the formula quite a lot, although it'll feel like a GT game, like every GT ever will, it'll be quite different.

11. Post
    Online focus is good, look oh awesome online worked in Driveclub, it was fun racing ghost friends, trying to set hotlaps etc and being able to join clubs

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Online focus is good, look oh awesome online worked in Driveclub, it was fun racing ghost friends, trying to set hotlaps etc and being able to join clubs
    Online racing games are fun, it kind of sucks when you go online on GT5/6 in you earn almost nothing for it except the Online Event matches.. GT:Sports just allows you to earn cars just as fast as you would when playing it offline, so go ahead in play it solely offline.

DC is a fantastic game, just the online code was a complete mess at launch.. Yeah it is more fun racing ghost cars of your friends instead of playing offline vs solely your own times.

13. Post
    Xev wrote:
    I disagree that that alone is enough. GT has been really stale for a long time now. The last great GT title was 3, and that was a PS2 launch title.
    I agree with you on that but for me, the last mainline Forza game that interested me was 4. Forza 6's career mode was just as bland as GT6 (too much focus on other shit other than mainline racing in both games, Top Gear challenges and racing on the moon aren't what I bought the games for) and didn't offer the choice in events that Forza 4 had nor the progression that GT3/4 had - it was the worst of both worlds. At least GT Sport promises to do something a little different.

If I'm honest as well, the main thing pulling me away from MP and towards SP is the douchebags that slam into cars into turn 1. Based off what I've seen in the beta, the quality of MP races compared to both Forza and previous GT titles is markedly improved. Should give Forza something to think about for their next game.

14. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Nah man, GT3 didn't come out until 1 year after the PS2 launch, but close enough

15. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Forza 4 had nor the progression that GT3/4 had - it was the worst of both worlds. At least GT Sport promises to do something a little different.
    What is the progression differences between GT1 & 6? It was always get your license, do sunday cup, get higher ranking license, buy better cars & tune them in repeat. GT4 is the worst in the series for progression, within a couple of hours play you can pretty much afford any car you want, tune all cars.. GT5 was a bit of a grind except MP glitches till Seasonal events & quick matching released. GT6, is perfect really, easy to win cars, make money but not too easy that you own the best cars in the game within days.

16. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    What is the progression differences between GT1 & 6? It was always get your license, do sunday cup, get higher ranking license, buy better cars & tune them in repeat. GT4 is the worst in the series for progression, within a couple of hours play you can pretty much afford any car you want, tune all cars.. GT5 was a bit of a grind except MP glitches till Seasonal events & quick matching released. GT6, is perfect really, easy to win cars, make money but not too easy that you own the best cars in the game within days.
    Biggest difference, as you said is how quickly you gain cars and credits. When you're starting off, it shouldn't be as easy as it is to make credits and win cars, the challenge just doesn't seem to be there.

17. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Biggest difference, as you said is how quickly you gain cars and credits. When you're starting off, it shouldn't be as easy as it is to make credits and win cars, the challenge just doesn't seem to be there.
    GT has always been about using the right performance car for the race, go in with racing tyres, tuned up on a street car race you'll own up... It is why I do love games that you can't tune cars, its easily more balanced vs AI & online players. Still later on in GT you come across some pretty hard races, unless you have your car tuned down or just the right car for the track. (Seasonal Events are the best, also earn a good amount of cash but a good challenge & fun).

I wouldn't really want a bigger grind at the start of GT, Sunday races already pay you next to nothing & so many cars to collect you may get some fancy cars at the start like all racing games do, GT has a ton of cars that take a long time to get.

18. Post
    When will this be released? Look forward to online racing hopefully there is ghost laps as well

19. Post
    Signed up, still waiting....

20. Post
    So it's Asia's turn now, wonder if that includes us as part of SEA? http://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/news/00_4079128.html

21. Post
    Just received my code for the closed beta, guess it's NZ/Aus turn for a play.

Racing begins this Saturday.
    Last edited by GiantMartianTripod; 31st May 2017 at 10:14 pm.

22. Post
    I'm in, can't wait for it to finish downloading, see what cars I get to start with in have a few races offline.

Online times for NZ..

Weekdays: 12am - 6am
    Weekends: 5am - 8am

Pretty sure the races are already live, just crappy hours for us to actually race online.

23. Post
    No code for me, sigh be keen to hear impressions though, enjoy!
    Edit, I remember the sign up process screwed up last time, have applied again.
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 1st June 2017 at 7:09 pm.

24. Post
    man this game looks bad, even the physics are bad, cars look like they just slide unaturally over the road

25. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Signed up, still waiting....

God damn i hate the burger ring..