Page 1 of 14 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Gran Turismo Sport

Figured this will need its own thread eventually.

Beta early 2016 too.

2. Post
    Not liking the title, sounds like we'll be missing a ton of cars. Project Cars suck because it pretty much only has a limited selection of sport cars.. Would of been nice for some more info, guess we'll get more at PSExperience

3. Post
    It is a bit vague as to what it is exactly, but the video description has this:

"In addition to everything you'd expect from a GT, the team at Polyphony and the FIA are introducing an online racing series that will be recognised alongside real world motor racing by the FIA."

If its not a fully-fledged Gran Turismo title, and they're only releasing a beta around 2.5 years after the PS4s release, they've completely missed the mark again.

4. Post
    DW wrote:
    In addition to everything you'd expect from a GT
    I hope it'll allow any car you want to be driven on the moon, GT6 was totally missing the feature just for laughs..

5. Post
    So this isn't the next GT, but a new spin off based around a GT online racing series? C'mon Kaz, just give us a GT7. As much as I love GT, they really do deserve a lot of the criticism they get especially for being a bit backwards and too set in their ways. If this is their attempt at branching out into something new, looks like they missed the mark. Time will tell.

6. Post
    SWEEET, VR support too. Day one for me.

captain oats wrote:
    So this isn't the next GT, but a new spin off based around a GT online racing series?
    Huh? Where are you getting this from?

7. Post
    All I can say is "umm..."

8. Post
    Felt like GT lost it's mojo with 5 & 6, compared to what Forza was doing anyway. This one will have to be pretty special to pull me back in.

9. Post
    Forza has been king since the first one. Usually being behind makes devs do some amazing things, so i'm sitting back with some popcorn. Bring on PlayStation Experience!

10. Post
    Getting a early start sounds excite!, not expected tbh.
    pretty cool!, I will have to update my hdd soon or delete heaps/
    need space for Just cause 3! and this.

11. Post
    3dfx_ownd_joo wrote:
    Huh? Where are you getting this from?
    This is exactly what it is, confirmed by Sony.

Gran Turismo Sport is not Gran Turismo 7

12. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    ^^ from the 20 mins I watched this morning before work a good portion was damage control as I think they were having technical problems. Commentating away until someone told them it was a replay lol.

Not seeing anything new over the previous games so far..?

official trailer:

Should still be pretty fun, does seem pretty lacking in areas like car count for a GT game, 137 cars. Be interesting to see what has changed in the offline mode part.

13. Post
    I really need to save up for a decent wheel for this. Using a controller sucks for car simulators.

14. Post
    I wish MS would relinquish the exclusive rights to Forza so we can have it on Playstation, that game sh!ts all over Gran Turismo.

Just want a GT as good as 3 was, and by "good" I mean I want a new GT that makes me go "WOW!" like GT3 did when I first played it. To me Four, Five & Six all just felt like 3 with new skins.

15. Post
    Totally forgot that GT had Rally in several iterations, apparently going to be in this one too, but probably not a substantial amount. I don't know how the keener race enthusiasts receive the info so far but I'm not seeing much of a step up from Project Cars - which admittedly I've not played, but for the PSN price of $70nzd which is the GOTY edition, I think I'd rather stick with that, and it has damage (I hate the buffering / comical bumping that the GT series is renowned for)

16. Post
    Well I jumped on Project cars and found it boring as **** so I'll be all over this since I've played every
    game poly has made, been waiting a long time for this, also don't care if it's half a game it's GT bitches on PS4!

17. Post
    Did I miss the beta?

18. Post
    Beta has been cancelled.

19. Post
    DW wrote:
    Beta has been cancelled.
    Well that sucks, I like the early non-prolouge 'demo' releases they do like GT:HD

One thing I wish they'd add is the 'hybrid' collision model from GT5 prolouge, you can see it here @ the 4:50 mark. Game detects when a major collision is going to happen and turns 'ghost mode' on until the speed difference is minimal. Allows for trading paint without wall-riding dickheads. Probabily one of the best new things I've seen in MP racing and yet it never made the full game.

Last edited by BURN_BABY; 20th May 2016 at 9:52 pm.

20. Post

21. Post

22. Post
    Looks stunning

23. Post
    Still sounds like ass tho.

24. Post
    DJ wrote:
    Still sounds like ass tho.
    Hes a LIVE!

Not the best, but its a start & hopefully they'll improve it some more.

25. Post

sounds super ambitious