1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Really bad idea IMO.

I have not seen anything that makes this game deserve $60, it should have launched as F2P or if charging be around $20.

Activision is hurting from lost WoW sales and looking for a pick-me-upper in overwatch

3. Post
    $60? not even interested at 30 honestly

4. Post
    hmm the initial sales will be fine, they will more than recoup the cost from their fanbase, after that tho..

5. Post
    It looks like there's gonna be a massive amount of content, at least insofar as gameplay variation goes (21 classes is pretty huge), so I'm keen. Comes with the typical high level of Blizzard polish (even in its current state it just looks like a ****in' blast to play) and constant support, patches etc... really don't see why people would be upset to have to pay a regular AAA price for a game like this, which if you know you're into that type of game (and surely you'd know this before you buy) will last you many many hours, and not raise a stink about any other singleplayer game that may well only give you ~10 hours of entertainment?

6. Post
    i believe pc version is $40usd, xbone and ps4 are $60

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Activision is hurting from lost WoW sales and looking for a pick-me-upper in overwatch
    Activision never have to sell another copy of WoW for 2+ years and would not even be slightest bit hurting. 4/5+ million subscribers (or whatever it currently is) paying every month = $$$$$$$$$

8. Post
    You keep believing that. While technically there is nothing wrong with 5 million subs, in shareholder meetings the shareholders will not be saying "its ok guys, management team is great 5 million subs leaves us with a return on invesment", no they will be saying "ok so you've lost 5 million subs in 1 year, thanks for cutting our dividend payment and decreasing profits, please tell us why we shouldn't vote for a new management team " and management team goes like this "ok I got a new idea, remember that new F2P blizzard game, lets charge $60 for AND include lots of micro transactions so we can cover the shortfall"

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    You keep believing that. While technically there is nothing wrong with 5 million subs, in shareholder meetings the shareholders will not be saying "its ok guys, management team is great 5 million subs leaves us with a return on invesment", no they will be saying "ok so you've lost 5 million subs in 1 year, thanks for cutting our dividend payment and decreasing profits, please tell us why we shouldn't vote for a new management team " and management team goes like this "ok I got a new idea, remember that new F2P blizzard game, lets charge $60 for AND include lots of micro transactions so we can cover the shortfall"
    I agree with what you posted, but they aren't hurting, in trouble with shareholders sure but not hurting.

10. Post
    There's going to need to be an incredible level of quality for me to even look at buying this. Will wait and see but wont bat an eye if it isn't worth it.

Also if it's so team based then it doesn't seem like casual play will be really an option. Steam rolling would be common for premades.

11. Post
    This pretty much confirms I'll never play it. The idea of a purely multiplayer game with a box cost doesn't work for me in 2015.

It doesn't even have a campaign like Starcraft 2.

I'd say this surprises me, but Blizzard have made it pretty clear they don't feel the need to play by the same rules as everyone else. It'll be real interesting to see how this pans out.

12. Post
    Goibon wrote:
    This pretty much confirms I'll never play it. The idea of a purely multiplayer game with a box cost doesn't work for me in 2015.

I'd say this surprises me, but Blizzard have made it pretty clear they don't feel the need to play by the same rules as everyone else. It'll be real interesting to see how this pans out.
    Maybe this will last unlike Evolve and Titanfall.

13. Post
    Goibon wrote:

Yup, huge mistake from them.

14. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Yup, huge mistake from them.
    It'll be interested, trying to charge this for a new IP in a quite crowed genre.