Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Fallout 4 - Mod thread

The mods have begun in earnest and there is already a few I recommend for PC users frustrated with Bethesda's failure to fully support our platform, or want to add their own flavour.

I don't tend to use mods that change too much, I prefer to focus on mods that improve the User Experience, immersion, or implement missing PC features.

1: Fallout 4 Configure tool. Just a wee program to do the basic ini tweaks for you. (e.g. FOV, Mouse Acceleration, Resolution, etc)
    2: Dialog Overhaul Mod. Removes the console UI and adds in your actual responses.

3: Lowered Weapons Lowers your weapon to a resting position when not in combat.
    4: Improved blood textures. Higher res and more detailed blood.
    5: ENBoost. Stutter remover/performance improvement mod (much like the Skyrim mod).
    6: Water Enhancement Textures (WET). The FO4 version of the excellent water mod from Skyrim.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Recommendations from the GP Massive

Last edited by ChrisB; 20th November 2015 at 11:14 am.

2. Post
    I'm going to go against my instinct to mod the shit out of it, and keep it 100% vanilla on this 1st playthrough......
    ....well, i'll try to anyway

That ENB is calling me though... *slaps self in face*

3. Post
    None of these affect the core game. They are quality of life mods imo.

4. Post
    I think it's the fact I just got my perfect 60fps everywhere after tweaking the settings a little... it's like a perfect summers day at the beach, don't want to ruin it by inviting the wrong combination of mates on the trip (potentially amazing, small chance of conflict).

5. Post
    Well the dialog mod wont affect that at all, and neither will the lowered weapon mod, both of which were sorely needed imo.

6. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Well the dialog mod wont affect that at all, and neither will the lowered weapon mod, both of which were sorely needed imo.
    Just chucked on the dialog mod, and I would put on the lowered weapon mod as I love that idea but the fact that there's no delay before the weapon is thrust back to your chest after shooting irritates me, would screw immersion far more than having it pointed forward all the time, for me at least

Cheers Chris

7. Post
    Ok I'll be that guy.

"This game would be great if only the water was shinier. And the foliage was denser. And the smoke was more realistic. And the UI was different. And the levelling system. And the crafting interface. And the FOV. And the story and all the dialogue. Is there an .ini tweak to remove the character animations and NPC models? Also why isn't this game Witcher 3? Is Chris Avellone available for birthday parties?"

8. Post
    Seriously wtf are you talking about?

9. Post
    I'm parodying the endless desire for modding that gets in the way of actually enjoying games that seems endemic to the PC community...but you already knew that.

I'll just show myself out.

10. Post
    I still don't know how people can play with that HIDEOUS default neon green UI.. I know Fallout 3 was green but I don't remember it being so blindly neon. I set mine to white and turned down the brightness pretty much as soon as I booted the game

**3dfx eagerly awaits a UI mod

11. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I'm parodying the endless desire for modding that gets in the way of actually enjoying games that seems endemic to the PC community...but you already knew that.

I'll just show myself out.
    Yeah, its a real shame people want play the game the way they want to. And even worse that they desire the game to feel like it belongs on the platform they play it on. You're assumption that people don't enjoy the game simply because they play it differently to you is a very strange attitude from you G. I thought that was one of the things you liked about Beth's games.
    Be careful that door swings shut real fast. It might cause bruising if you're not careful. I did make this thread to keep the mod discussions out of the main Fallout thread, but you're always welcome.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 19th November 2015 at 9:42 pm.

12. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    I did make this thread to keep the mod discussions out of the main Fallout thread, but you're always welcome.
    I do appreciate that And I know there will be a metric buttload of mods for this game.

13. Post
    No doubt even a mod to give the protag a metric load of butt.

14. Post
    Two of my favourite mods for superior immersion:
    • Darker Nights: highest setting is almost pitch black without light source.
    • PipBoy Shadows: light from pipboy, mining helmet and power armor headlight cast shadows. Not even sure why it was cool in the first place for player light sources to NOT cast shadows.

15. Post
    Too bad there's no mod to add CD Projekt RED or Obsidian writing quality.

16. Post

17. Post
    I got a stat reset tool, so I could fix my stuff ups.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/895/?

18. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Too bad there's no mod to add CD Projekt RED or Obsidian writing quality.
    not yet you mean, im sure modders can create their own "expansions" and offer new writing

19. Post
    Can we keep that sort of shit outta here and just talk about the mods?

20. Post

This can't come soon enough.
    http://f4se.silverlock.org/
    http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.ph...extender-f4se/

SirGrim wrote:
    not yet you mean, im sure modders can create their own "expansions" and offer new writing
    Fanfic level drivel in 90% of cases, I'm sure.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 9th December 2015 at 1:07 am.

21. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    [list][*]Better Item Sorting. Much needed quality of life improvement.
    I very much like the sound of this one, thank you sir - that'll be helpful enough until a proper Pipboy UI overhaul comes out

22. Post
    Does the dialogue and weapon lowering mods work together? One says to mod the strings\ line to include 'meshes' while the other says something else (shit post sorry I am on my phone away from my PC)

edit - for lowered weapons
    - add "MESHES\" to the end of the line, something like this:
    sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, MESHES\
    for dialogue
    4. Add INTERFACE\
    sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, INTERFACE\
    Last edited by johnny utah; 21st November 2015 at 1:58 pm.

23. Post
    I'm gonna wait for the lowered weapons to allow manual or delayed lowering before installing it.

24. Post
    So i've finally gotten around to playing!

Ive installed the fallout config mod. Now the problem is that I'm not entirely sure what settings I should be using.

My ageing PC is struggling a bit, so I'm unsure what performance options I should be using. I guess I should turn off god rays, I hear they are quite draining? Turning off shadows seems a bit much, but any idea what I should be setting the values to inside the mod tool?

I've set the FOV @ 90, is that pretty much what everyone else is using? I started to get a headache when I started up vanilla version. I'm assuming fov was responsible.

25. Post
    johnny utah wrote:
    Does the dialogue and weapon lowering mods work together? One says to mod the strings\ line to include 'meshes' while the other says something else (shit post sorry I am on my phone away from my PC)
    They do absolutely work together.

The universal instructions for installing Fallout 4 mods can be found below:-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKcAEn6hLg
    To enable modding in Fallout 4 you will need to add the following line to the Fallout4Prefs.ini file below the section marked [Launcher]:

bEnableFileSelection=1

You will need to change the following line in Fallout4.ini:

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\