Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    PoE's skill tree is nonsense so I never bothered. Torchlight is cool though.

Looking forward to the Diablo 2 HD remake.

2. Post
    Modfight!

3. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    PoE's skill tree is nonsense so I never bothered. Torchlight is cool though.

Looking forward to the Diablo 2 HD remake.
    Theres not going to be a D2 HD remake. They're just fixing it to work on modern hardware and operating systems. Currently, a lot of us have to run a third party hack to even make it work.

4. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Theres not going to be a D2 HD remake. They're just fixing it to work on modern hardware and operating systems. Currently, a lot of us have to run a third party hack to even make it work.
    I find it very difficult to believe that they will not add, at very least, higher resolution support and larger inventory space. Third party programs already do this, but they won't work online.

5. Post
    Holy crap, are they doing stuff to D2 to try and make it playable again?

All they need to do is to allow it to be played at modern resolutions. It's still a nice looking game, just playing it at 800 x 600 is now a bit poos.

The D2 + LOD I got on my shard USB with the D3 collectors edition runs like a dream without any hacks on Windows 7/8/10.

6. Post
    claxer wrote:
    It's certainly not as bad as D2 was but I think the difference between diablo and other games I play is that diablo is really constant clicking with not much down time where your wrists get to relax, which compounds the problem. I have bad wrists, some people don't have the same problems with using a mouse for long periods. e.g. I can play something like Dota for longer periods because there is more downtime than the spammy nature of diablo. e.g. In diablo if you're farming efficiently you're pretty much constantly mobile with lots of clicking and movement required.

You can easily feel the stress on your wrists by holding both arms out in front of you, open your palms so theyre flat across your desk. That's how it is when you're using a mouse, the tendins in your arms are twisted and are more easily irritated. Now roll your wrists so that your thumbs point upwards and your palms each make a vertical line. That's the more natural and relaxed position for the wrists, more like shaking someones hand, or how it feels when you relax and put your arms at your side.

And also, yes mouse and keyboard is more accurate and efficient. Gamepad is purely about comfort.
    This is actually more correct than simply just clicks on the mouse.

Diablo requires you to hold and move the mouse for hours on end putting a lot of strain on the wrist.
    Where as in FPS games you play for a minute or two and then you die giving your wrist a break before you respawn.

It may not seem like a big different but the forced breaks by the game generally help a lot with wrist issues, where as in diablo if you stop the game stops and nothing happens so it encourages you to keep playing and keep moving the mouse

7. Post
    My wrist was getting hammered by Diablo 3. I ended up using my controller with xpadder, which allowed me to finish the game a few more times.

I can't believe ChrisBBacon is trying to argue that people's bodies are wrong about what they're experiencing.

8. Post
    The console versions of D3 are widely regarded as the best versions.

9. Post
    diablo 3 is definitely hard on your wrist if you use the default bindings. i'm playing a crusader at the moment and not even clicking, only using the mouse wheel + holding a few buttons on the keyboard

Black Plague*** wrote:
    maybe a year+ ago - now the console version is full of hackers and doesn't have seasons/season items

10. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    That just isnt true. It got a lot of buzz for the couch co-op and no online requirement as well as making the controller controls tight and responsive, but its a shallow experience and mechanically pared back as well. Its great on console, but it certainly is not better.

11. Post
    Agreed with Chris.

They exceeded expectations with what people thought it was going to be, but console version doesn't have freedom in spell builds, you have to stay within designated primary, secondary and alternate spells. The difficulty arc is also a lot more rudimentary.

12. Post
    You do realize that somewhere an angel just lost her wings right. We should never agree, its bad for business.

13. Post
    would love to try it on console, had some good experiences with arpgs on console and always fun with local co-op.