1. Post
    Griven wrote:
    I like the idea they have of armour pieces you wear in each slot will have checks for attacks that hit that slot based on the item equipped. Plus Aussie server, finally playing a mmo with a decent ping will be a new experience.
    There's no guarantees of an Oceanic server being up on launch it will be down to demand, but they do apparently have the capability to set one up over here without much hassle at all so if it's needed they will put one up.

2. Post
    fun game just wish invert mouse was added quickly

3. Post
    aussie server test tonight, at 10 pm,. will give it a go and see if it is better this time around

4. Post
    much better testing this time, 30-60 MS from Auckland, FPS was a concern but they are aware of it. No lag spikes, a bit of client rubber banding.

5. Post
    bellyfrog wrote:
    There's no guarantees of an Oceanic server being up on launch it will be down to demand, but they do apparently have the capability to set one up over here without much hassle at all so if it's needed they will put one up.
    We discussed this earlier, just to add couple more: based on current number of backers, and KS percentages per region, it's likely that CF already (this early) has enough people for Oceanic server. On the other hand, great majority of people has no alpha access, and "alphas" are mostly waiting for launch or beta I guess - which results in small numbers in tests.

Of course, it would be nice to hear something more than my napkin math - there will be Crowfall AMA on /r/games (Thursday, May 5, 10 am central), so if you spam the question hard enough...

BZP wrote:
    It was mentioned a number of times, and they have it somewhere - not exactly on top - of their priority list.

Bloody wrote:
    much better testing this time, 30-60 MS from Auckland, FPS was a concern but they are aware of it. No lag spikes, a bit of client rubber banding.
    But...but...I hoped you'll keep on showing the dark side of Crowfall tests... I feel betrayed...

While I'm here, a sneak peek at new siege engines with some explanations.

6. Post
    SP is a fun game I like it

7. Post
    BZP wrote:
    What, no invert mouse?
    That's actually full blown resparded....that's the only way I play :P

8. Post
    You need to stop inverting like a noob to truly join the PC master race.

9. Post
    IST wrote:
    What, no invert mouse?
    That's actually full blown resparded....that's the only way I play :P
    I know right its full blown retarded alright its not fun playing when you cant control yourself coming from playing inverted ALL MY LIFE !

10. Post
    bellyfrog wrote:
    You need to stop inverting like a noob to truly join the PC master race.
    I will never convert to your radical sect of the PCMR: Inverted Master Race FOR LIFE

11. Post
    Sorry to interrupt your inverted chit-chat folks. I asked about Australian/Oceanic servers on reddit AMA yesterday, and this is what I got:

"I cannot confirm unfortunately. We do test in Australia but in the end we can't put servers there for launch unless we have a critical mass audience. It is definitely a challenge, because we can't commit to the cost without knowing it will pay off."

To sugarcoat this a bit, here is some Druid (healer/nuker) artwork together with her powers & UI. It is the next class to be added to tests.

Hey, where's everybody gone? /crickets

12. Post
    invert has been added,fun game hope aus servers are going ahead.

13. Post
    What phase is this in now? I assume still no firm ETA on beta?

14. Post
    its still alpha or pre alpha cant remember and no announcement of beta

15. Post
    til people use inverted mouse

16. Post
    bellyfrog wrote:
    What phase is this in now? I assume still no firm ETA on beta?
    BZP wrote:
    its still alpha or pre alpha cant remember and no announcement of beta
    Formally, they still call it pre-alpha, but alpha 1,2 and 3 players have access to tests. Before you start jumping of joy, the cheapest of these (pledge package with alpha 3) is something like 90-100 USD =)

17. Post
    This is how my second attempt to find out more about Australian servers ended (source, another reddit AMA - https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comm...ru&sh=ea52e2d2 ):

"Likelihood of Australian servers at launch = number of Australian (and Kiwi) customers who buy the game / 20,000. We plan to continue to test with an Australian server, it's a great test of latency for people playing everywhere else in the world!"

So, it's still a mystery...Anyway, couple recent videos - starting with TheLazyPeon's alpha preview (you can skip the first ~100 seconds, that's where he explains the game to his subscribers):

18. Post
    I do like the PVP and the sieging etc but i also like the whole leveling up and exploring new areas bit and that is what Crowfall does not have. SO i am 50/50 at this point. Also the whole length of the season needs ot be carefully done, i would HATE to be the guy who likes making stuff and crafting etc and then opps reset time, you lost.. start again ? I think i can do that maybe once or twice before i just quit and go.. no i want something more permanent and more progressive. I may not be enough of a survival game type player to really be able to play this for a long time.\

also tested the game from USA ping about 2 weeks ago(?), completely unplayable from PVP . You rubber band across the screen and even the typing commands were 2-3 seconds slow. Unless they put it in AUstralia, i might just sell my beta account when the game goes live.

19. Post
    Yea, I know very well how it feels...Now, since Gordon mentioned 20k, here is what we know:

So far, 154k people registered accounts, out of which ~35k gave money i.e. bought the game. Game is in (pre?)alpha, launch will happen sometime early 2018 or later (my estimate, devs are projecting it for "summer 2017"), so these numbers will go up a lot, but how much exactly?

Also "15% of all accounts are not from USA/EU", and that should be split mostly between Oceania and Russians & co. - since, so far, I don't see much forum activity from South America or SE Asia / China (might be wrong here, of course).

So, if you do the math, it might go there but it's still far from it...and again, spreading the word is best we can do (the reason I made this thread). Anyway, selling Kickstarter/2015 (you have one of these IIRC?) account later on shouldn't be the problem.

20. Post
    yeah got one of the better kickstarter accounts with the kickstarter exclusive stuff and the freehold etc , i am not 100% sure , its been awhile since i checked the details, i do like the build your own castle bit tho. But again, i need more details. It seems to be pretty much open world with pvp all the time. Something a lot of traditional mmorpgs do not go for ( and given the open world full pvp bit, only errm Shadowbane? did it reasonably well and even then they fell over fairly quickly )

21. Post
    Current tests are open world PvP with full corpse loot (on 3 out of 4 servers, 4th is Eternal Kingdom i.e. PvP off, only crafting, gathering, farming mobs and chat), but they will have much more than that.

I mean, there will be servers with 3 factions (like ESO, DAoC), 12 factions, guild vs guild etc. - many of these with zero corpse loot and rather "tame" rules.

The main point of the game is that "genetic" development of rules, i.e. servers "surviving" or not depending on what players like, via varying all kinds of rules and eliminating the unpopular ones. It is in the very core of their game design.

22. Post
    Been playing the tests since it went to the persistent world model. Alot better than i expected it to be, to the point I'm actually looking forward to each weekend test.

Full inventory loot and open world pvp is pure win, time based skill leveling means you get to play at doing what you want not mindlessly killing the same NPC over and over.

Played around with the crafting as well, easier to do than normal because of low pop at NZ times means smaller chance of getting ganked while harvesting

Couple examples, nice touch is they let you name everything.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pistol.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	215508
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rapier.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	215509

23. Post
    which server were you on Griven? I only saw the USA servers and it was unplayable for me, commands and reactions were delayed enough to be noticeable, i was rubber banding all over, average MS said 250-400 but there was packet losses. ( by comparison, i get 180-190 to WoW servers and no packet losses nominally )

24. Post
    US West, I sat around 170ms to it. Got the odd lag spike but was very playable and even the combat went ok.

25. Post
    ok could be my connection then