Denuvo - the best "DRM" that can defeat PC piracy

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 1.67 average.
(6 votes)

1. Post
    GhoX wrote:
    It's like saying medicines are bad because the needle pricks.
    Oh my god, I should start a "absolutely mind bogglingly stupid and completely devoid of all sense of rationality or logic in a false equivalency on GP" list, you've just topped off Krichul's one about abusing girlfriends...

2. Post

3. Post
    Does GhoX work for Denuvo or something?

4. Post
    "The recent and record-breaking 5 day crack of Denuvo-protected Resident Evil 7"

5. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    "The recent and record-breaking 5 day crack of Denuvo-protected Resident Evil 7"
    If it's not even a week to crack now, why buy it?

6. Post
    hahahaha shit is GhoX still going.

Denuvo is done. I guess they get to keep the current DRM world champion trophy, they had a good run.

7. Post
    So not only has Denuvo proven to be just like any other DRM system and is getting cracked just like the rest, and the speed is increasing, but its also shown to affect performance of the game it's "protecting".

I am not looking to shit on you Ghox, but has this situation altered your opinion at all about the service/product?

8. Post
    I have very little confidence in articles claiming that Denuvo affects performance when in the same article it refers to "reports of Denuvo breaking SSDs", which originates from a long long dead source on some Ukraine website that was taken down very quickly after being debunked. The other claim of performance impact is from the cracker himself, which would be too biased a source to be even considered a source.

Instead, in reality more and more games are using Denuvo from a greater variety of publishers. And the majority of people do not care that those games use Denuvo. Sure, an increase in cracking speed is expected given time, but the list of games using Denuvo games also grows over time, and pirates do not appear to be catching up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo...es_with_Denuvo

There will always be a loud minority of anti-DRM crowd, but at the end of the day people vote with wallets, and votes have been cast.

9. Post
    I have some prime land in Florida,.. would you be interested ?

10. Post
    KaskadeNZ wrote:
    I have some prime land in Florida,.. would you be interested ?
    I think he would prefer some waterfront property in Cairo, but then again it seems he is already a resident.

11. Post
    In my time online I've seen my fair share of hardline no compromise anti-DRM, pro-open source, pro-piracy zealots but I've gotta say that GhoX is the first pro-PC DRM fanboy that I've encountered.

12. Post
    ok , a group called steampunks has cracked Dishonored 2 with a real Denuvo license generator with untouched game executable. Things move quickly in the cracking world.

13. Post
    Wait so in GhoX's world, a competitor's word is automatically wrong due to an assumed bias, but that company's OWN opinion about their OWN PRODUCT is immune from bias?

Is that what I just read?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14. Post
    So I think we safely say that Deunvo is about to die, and like everyone (except) Ghox said it was only a matter of time until it got wrecked.
    Time to crack Total War: Warhammer 2 - 10 hours
    RIP you pointless waste of time, and good riddance. DRM is not the answer, it never was and never will be.

15. Post
    GhoX wrote:
    Sure, an increase in cracking speed is expected given time, but the list of games using Denuvo games also grows over time, and pirates do not appear to be catching up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo...es_with_Denuvo
    Things must have changed drastically since the time he posted that link since it actually shows the majority of games that have Denuvo have been cracked, especially with recent releases.

RIP in piece.

16. Post
    Yup, we all knew this is exactly where this was going. It's had no discernible effect on piracy, and the crackers have destroyed this gross piece of technology.
    Piracy sucks but this was never going to solve it. Consumer first release practices and value for money propositions are the only way to curb piracy, but you'll never solve it. Well, not until we're all 100% cloud based and games are streamed directly from the developer/publisher.

17. Post
    FIFA 18 was cracked within a day as well.
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/fifa-1...ss-than-a-day/
    GhoX on suicide watch.

18. Post
    Shadow of War cracked according sources.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo

I think we can call this one DOA.

19. Post
    Nope the crackers just "got lucky!"

20. Post
    Is it worth reading this thread? DId he defend this idiocy in a blatantly comical but inevitably embarrassing fashion?

Over the top statements that now would appear to be the rantings of a delusional madman?

Was he insufferably arrogant leading himself to an unenviable moment of hubris?

21. Post
    He was wrong, there was nothing insufferable about it.
    There was some arrogance for sure, dismissing those that opposed him as advocates of piracy, and a lot of denial of what was obvious to others, but in the end he was perhaps just naive more than anything. Certainly not comical, stupid, or delusional.
    I sincerely hope no one would read this thread in the hopes of comedy at another member's expense. I think a few of us made this a little too personal, and acted in ways we'd be too shamed to do in public.

Lets just say Denuvo has failed just like every other form of DRM apart from always online protection, which is likely where we're heading because publishers still think that pirates are lost sales, and there is no evidence to substantiate that. But rather than trying to entice pirates to become paying consumers, they go for the blunt weapon of DRM. I think that there has been some evidence to show that the honey method does have some success, and certainly more than the stick from what I have seen. Make buying games a more valuable proposition and we might make progress. Sadly we have WB, and EA tacking on bullshit micro-transaction and doing the exact opposite.