1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I'm trying to discern the relationship between Funatics and the original Blue Byte. It seems to be founded by people that worked at Blue Byte on such seminal games as Settlers II prior to Ubisoft eating Blue Byte, but ended up anyway working on or producing the Ubisoft (medicore) Settlers games starting with Heritage of Kings

3. Post
    CMKMStephens wrote:
    I'm trying to discern the relationship between Funatics and the original Blue Byte. It seems to be founded by people that worked at Blue Byte on such seminal games as Settlers II prior to Ubisoft eating Blue Byte, but ended up anyway working on or producing the Ubisoft (medicore) Settlers games starting with Heritage of Kings
    I was actually just wondering this myself, because I just bought Knights and Merchants (199 on steam today for $1.00, which was made by also made Funatics.

Fanatics was founded by the lead programmer of Settlers II, Peter Ohlmann, who was also joined by Adam Sprys the graphic designer. Together they made the Cultures series. They did also seem to be involved in some of the following Settler games. And Ohlmann seems to be heavily involved in Valhalla.