Type 2 diabetes is there any cures?

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Sigh, privoxy .. this isnt about you... we dont need to know about your "copious alcohol consumption"

thanks m9

2. Post
    Envesty wrote:
    I consider myself chubby but not over weight..I snore hard out when I sleep... I have heavy breath...
    Those 2 things alone suggest you're fluffier than you should be, I dropped 15 KGS since like October and both of those things no longer happen for me which is ace for me and the other half's ability to sleep

3. Post
    Really don't see how you can be chubby without being overweight.

I'd say the first step for OP would be waking up and realising you're fat and need to lose weight (and therefore presumably eat better).

4. Post
    depends on his definition of "chubby", its a rather relative term - his BMI is more important

5. Post
    BMI has long since been discredited as a meaningful indicator of health.

6. Post
    that pretty much only applies to people who lift, for the rest of the population BMI is fantastic - I'd like to see your evidence sugesting otherwise

7. Post
    Boreas wrote:
    What's your height and weight
    Just got back from.the doctors again..they are going to put me on medication to prevent from getting any worse.. But he needs me to put my act together and eat right and exercise..he so said those special K and nutri gains cereals are also bad!

My weight is 115kg I am 178cm

8. Post
    Linx wrote:
    What made you want to go get a blood test?
    My stupi mum was in the doctors room with me.. I was deal because I thought I had scabies but instead it was allergic reaction.. Mum.said to the DR rerreal me to a blood test also to check overal health.

9. Post
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+bmi+credible

I like these two from one of the links:

2. It is scientifically nonsensical.

There is no physiological reason to square a person's height (Quetelet had to square the height to get a formula that matched the overall data. If you can't fix the data, rig the formula!). Moreover, it ignores waist size, which is a clear indicator of obesity level.

3. It is physiologically wrong.

It makes no allowance for the relative proportions of bone, muscle and fat in the body. But bone is denser than muscle and twice as dense as fat, so a person with strong bones, good muscle tone and low fat will have a high BMI. Thus, athletes and fit, health-conscious movie stars who work out a lot tend to find themselves classified as overweight or even obese.

10. Post
    Ok don't mean to be sad but that's not "chubby" or at least the general concensus of a defition - unless you look like hulk, then your BMI is 36 which is well over the clasification of "obese".

You need to get your weight down as its placing a lot of extra stress on your body, focus on eating healthy and cardio and try to get down to 80kg

bmt wrote:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+bmi+credible

I like these two from one of the links:

2. It is scientifically nonsensical.

There is no physiological reason to square a person's height (Quetelet had to square the height to get a formula that matched the overall data. If you can't fix the data, rig the formula!). Moreover, it ignores waist size, which is a clear indicator of obesity level.

3. It is physiologically wrong.

It makes no allowance for the relative proportions of bone, muscle and fat in the body. But bone is denser than muscle and twice as dense as fat, so a person with strong bones, good muscle tone and low fat will have a high BMI. Thus, athletes and fit, health-conscious movie stars who work out a lot tend to find themselves classified as overweight or even obese.
    And once again my reply remains the same, re-read your own evidence: that pretty much only applies to people who lift, for the rest of the population BMI is fantastic

11. Post
    Envesty wrote:
    Just got back from.the doctors again..they are going to put me on medication to prevent from getting any worse.. But he needs me to put my act together and eat right and exercise..he so said those special K and nutri gains cereals are also bad!

My weight is 115kg I am 178cm
    I'll save SirGrim the trouble, since your BMI is over 35 and you have been diagnosed with diabetes, you are morbidly obese.

12. Post

13. Post
    Brother has it.

Give up alcohol
    Drink water (lots of water, instead of drinking fruit juice or fizzy with meals)
    Snack on unsalted nuts (almonds, walnuts)
    Cut starchy vegetables (esp Potatoes)
    Intermittently fast (or just skip breakfast)
    Nearly all cereals are bad, this includes Weetbix. Eat whole oat Porridge

14. Post
    178cm, 115kg, diabetes type 2......yeeeah......that's much more than 'chubby'. You have to be downright honest with yourself.

Yes there is a cure, it's losing weight via what you eat and excercise.

It'll also cure your snoring too.

Weaning yourself off excess sugar....that's easily a few kilos right there.

Also you'll feel so much better mentally

15. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    178cm, 115kg, diabetes type 2......yeeeah......that's much more than 'chubby'. You have to be downright honest with yourself.

Yes there is a cure, it's losing weight via what you eat and excercise.

It'll also cure your snoring too.

Weaning yourself off excess sugar....that's easily a few kilos right there.

Also you'll feel so much better mentally
    It's not about weight loss per se.

It's more about not taking in glucose via the diet, as it's this glucose that the Type II diabetic can't actually uptake into cells. And so the higher concentration of circulating glucose in the periphery is what causes nephropathy and damage to the vasculature.

16. Post
    clockblock wrote:

It's more about not taking in glucose via the diet, as it's this glucose that the Type II diabetic can't actually uptake into cells. And so the higher concentration of circulating glucose in the periphery is what causes nephropathy and damage to the vasculature.
    Hogwash.

It is all about losing weight, and doing meaningful exercise.

That's just fat person justification you're spouting.

17. Post
    clockblock wrote:

It's the high blood sugar that is doing the damage, but that's not because of having too much glucose in the diet. It's due to having too many calories of any form and becoming fat as a result.

Insulin resistance is complicated and not fully understood, but in a practical sense the main focus is weight loss.

18. Post
    also Weetbix is fine....very low sugar, high protein to sugar ratio, actually completely wholegrain....

You can get plently of good carbs and fibre from veggies.

19. Post
    Yeah, low that and that but still 97% wholegrain wheat. Wheat is the bad part because it rapidly spikes blood glucose.

All Blacks push it so much aye, yeah yeah.
    Last edited by Eclectic Gamester; 2nd January 2016 at 4:54 am.

20. Post
    As others have said the key here is weight loss. I know some people who had type 2 diabetes which was bad enough to require insulin, after drastic weight loss (ie. bariatric surgery) the diabetes has gone. Or at least improved drastically.

21. Post
    I feel horrible at 90kg 185cm. The dad gut is the scariest part of it all.

22. Post
    WTF at the list of symptoms:

Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
    You may have had type 2 diabetes for many years without realising it. Not everyone has symptoms. Symptoms may include:

Feeling tired and lacking energy
    Feeling thirsty
    Going to the toilet often
    Getting infections frequently
    Getting infections which are hard to heal
    Poor eyesight or blurred vision
    Often feeling hungry
    If you have any of the above symptoms, discuss these with your doctor.
    Feeling tired, thirsty and hungry -so everybody everywhere has type 2 diabetes without realising it...

23. Post
    brand wrote:
    WTF at the list of symptoms:

Feeling tired, thirsty and hungry -so everybody everywhere has type 2 diabetes without realising it...
    Really?

24. Post
    Eclectic Gamester wrote:
    Yeah, low that and that but still 97% wholegrain wheat. Wheat is the bad part because it rapidly spikes blood glucose.

All Blacks push it so much aye, yeah yeah.
    Yup.

Breakfast: half a cup of rolled oats with seeds and half a banana.

Early lunch: salad with spinach baby tomatoes, feta, green beans, carrot, seeds, and a dab of olive oil.

Late lunch/afternoon tea. Chicken breast, blanched broccoli if you want it.

Chicken stir fry or vegetable chilli (black beans, onion, capsicum, lentils etc with a tiny bit of brown rice. Or salad of course.

Snacks: nuts and fruit.

You get one to two days where you can cheat per week.

I've been following something similar, lost about 8 kilos in about two months

25. Post
    What a time to get it as there maybe a cure brewing, however I did scim past the article but it said something about reducing the need for insulin shots among other stuff.