Type 2 diabetes is there any cures?

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Type 2 diabetes is there any cures?

Hi everyone,

Just had my blood test results back.

The doctors said I have type 2 diabetes which means I need to go into and talk to him.tomorrow.

Is there any cures? Still in shock
    .. Does that mean I will need to take needles everysigle days?

2. Post
    No and no. Also is this a troll, can't tell.

3. Post
    I'm not a troll..

4. Post
    you only need insulin shots on type 1, type 2 is the mild diabetes - its possible to live your life as normal and just make a few minor adjustments to your diet, its not the end of the world, there is no cure but small adjustments can put the issue to bed

5. Post
    Eat well, exercise regularly and hope for the best

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    you only need insulin shots on type 1, type 2 is the mild diabetes - its possible to live your life as normal and just make a few minor adjustments to your diet, its not the end of the world, there is no cure but small adjustments can put the issue to bed
    Thanks.. The word put the issue to bed - not so worry now.

7. Post
    I herd if you don't ejaculate at least once per week the Diabetes gets worse and worse and will kill you ?

8. Post
    The cure is lowering your body fat % and exercising more. It is possible to cure type 2 diabetes with this.

Insulin injections are rarely needed in type 2, but are some times when it's severe. Type 2 diabetes isn't "mild diabetes".

gl.

9. Post
    I have type 2. Its about managing your blood sugar level through what you eat and exercise.

You'll most likely start on oral meds, if it gets worse and those no longer help you may go on another then you may move to insulin.

You'll need to stay well away from coke, pepsi and sugary energy drinks.

10. Post
    Sorry for your diagnosis, dude. Like others said, do what you can to stay in fit and healthy shape.
    This website has more information if you would like to have a read:

https://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/what-should-i-eat

11. Post
    Out of interest op. The blood test gives you a number, what was it? I cant quite recall the name, h1ac?

Mine was 120 something ( ). But have been down to 32, 32 and 34 for the last three.
    Last edited by MXRecord; 30th December 2015 at 11:40 pm.

12. Post
    HbA1c

13. Post
    Losing weight (and keeping it off) can go a long way to reducing/reversing the effects at an early stage, GL.

14. Post
    Take it as a serious wake up call and change your lifestyle up. My fiancÚ has encountered too many people in hospital in seriously bad shape due to type two, I wouldn't wanna deal with that personally. (Not picking on you btw)

15. Post
    You occasionally hear things along the lines of:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/calorie-...at-study-says/

I read a study more recently (maybe this year), which showed strong support for improved pancreatic function among people who managed to stick to it the whole way. Sounds like it requires incredible will-power.

It's early days so the whole thing could still be debunked, but hey might at least bring some optimism. I think I would try it if I was ever diagnosed. With close support of GP of course.

(no, not the forums)
    Last edited by lumpy custard; 31st December 2015 at 7:53 am.

16. Post
    There are lectures on YouTube about how a ketogenic diet can help or 'cure' it.

I imagine if you have type 2, diets might not be your thing tho

17. Post
    Eat much smaller portions and remove the processed shit altogether.

18. Post
    HIIT it up.

19. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    There are lectures on YouTube about how a ketogenic diet can help or 'cure' it.

I imagine if you have type 2, diets might not be your thing tho
    The Ketogenic diet is pretty amazing tbh.

20. Post
    I consider myself chubby but not over weight..I snore hard out when I sleep... I have heavy breath...

21. Post
    Its an accumulation of bad dieting over many years, it takes like around 10 years to develop on a poor diet, however now a days we're seeing kids as young as 2 year old having it. It may be a genetic thing but its 'probably' (there hasn't been a definitive causation found yet) because of the amount of sugar in the typical diet, that is if your resistance to insulin develops because of sugar triggering its release, over time the insulin doesn't even want to work even though its being secreted at a 'healthy' rate.
    . The amount of sugar consumed by the average person is waaayyyyyy over what is recommended which is around 50g of sugar per day including all the sugar that is present in whole foods.

So in your situation change of diet and lifestyle is needed in order to stay healthy. Weight is a non issue here, obviously there's a correlation between weight and disease however it's not to say you are invulnerable to diseases developing even if you 'look' healthy.

What people can't see is the insides of your body, how it function inside is way more important for being healthy and obviously if you have a chuck of lard surrounding your internals its going to be a detriment regardless of how healthy you eat or whatever BS crap you tell yourself.

22. Post
    Envesty wrote:
    I consider myself chubby but not over weight..I snore hard out when I sleep... I have heavy breath...
    What's your height and weight

23. Post
    What made you want to go get a blood test?

24. Post
    I'd be interested to hear how much sugar people are actually consuming... My diet is pretty clean food wise, nothing processed, just meat and veg. I don't have a sweet tooth so very rarely if ever do I chocolate, lollies etc and I don't drink soft drink or have sugar in my coffee.

My issue is of course alcohol... But I'm starting to think even with copious amounts of alcohol consumption I'm still consuming well under the average amount of sugar kids these days are getting.