Type 2 diabetes is there any cures?

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    nutritionists.
    Skip the nutritionist and speak to a qualified dietitian, you will get better quality advice.

2. Post
    Wasn't going to talk to a nutritionist :P

3. Post
    Come see Papa Priv for all your bro science advice.

4. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Come see Papa Priv for all your bro science advice.
    What did Tormenta say when he ran out of protein?

No whey jose

5. Post
    Just interested to know whether this was medically induced type 2. Such as when they need to use Prednisone, and since that raises glucose through the ceiling if not administered right, causes temporary or permanent diabetes.

Quite a common problem peoplw are not aware of.

6. Post
    Type 2 for 12 years and im on long acting insuling (not the type 1 stuff at each meal, just once a night)

It's actually really simple and took me ages to work it out myself then the crap old school stuff they teach you at the clinic/docotrs/hospital.

You can do it two ways:
    1. Eat clean and reduce carbohydrate portions to be the smallest (150-250g a day max) part of the plate/meal. Eat lots of green leaf stuff and meat with fat is totally fine and will help fill you up. Obviously cut out all sugars (including alcohol sugars! look up hidden sugars)

2. Go the very low carb or Keto approcach, I lost 18kg doing this alone in 8 weeks, put some of it back on sliding off the wagon with carbo binges.

At the moment I just do low-effort keto up to 1500cal a day, basically I avoid all carbs (minus net fibre as that doesn't count) and max I get a day is 10-15g. This alone makes my bloods go to about 5-7mmol throughout the day which is the normal blood sugar bracket and thats WITHOUT having to take my insulin. I still take my insulin now and then if I have the blow outs, but so far it's all food.

Also just to remind you, exercise helps reduce weight but it's more about the food, exercise should be treated for it's health benefits like blood flow, moving joints and mental health benefits, don't hit a gym and stress out on trying to lose weight, food alone will do that (watched my boss drop from 140 to 90 from diet alone)

7. Post
    Slater wrote:
    Type 2 for 12 years... etc etc long ramble...
    Oh you.

8. Post
    There's some cool stuff happening around hacking dumb insulin pumps to provide closed-loop 'artificial pancreases'- https://medium.com/neodotlife/dana-l...s-af6ef23a997f

https://openaps.org/

9. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    artificial pancreases
    Cool so it reduces your insulin resistance? No? Then it's just an automated insulin pump of which there are a couple brands already in the market.

Slater wrote:
    Type 2 for 12 years
    Don't mean to make you or any of the other posters depressed but living healthy only stops it getting worse, it never gets better. At some point in your life you will end up losing your eyesight, getting gangrene, etc etc.

10. Post
    Something something Metaformin.

11. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    Cool so it reduces your insulin resistance? No? Then it's just an automated insulin pump of which there are a couple brands already in the market.
    At a significantly higher price?

12. Post
    Name:  fwx-the-works-reese-pbc-burger.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  376.2 KB

Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

13. Post
    Is that... chocolate or gravy? wtf.

14. Post
    Peanut butter cups.

I still remember when the kfc double down was considered excessive.

15. Post
    The only condition I'd eat that is on a severe hangover.

16. Post
    Not sure if it's marketing or test kitchen taste that lead to that creation. Shit is insane.

17. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    There's some cool stuff happening around hacking dumb insulin pumps to provide closed-loop 'artificial pancreases'- https://medium.com/neodotlife/dana-l...s-af6ef23a997f

https://openaps.org/
    They did a session on this at Linux con. It's awesome

18. Post
    Eclectic Gamester wrote:
    Just interested to know whether this was medically induced type 2. Such as when they need to use Prednisone, and since that raises glucose through the ceiling if not administered right, causes temporary or permanent diabetes.

Quite a common problem peoplw are not aware of.
    What do you mean by 'if not administered right'?

19. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    What do you mean by 'if not administered right'?
    Crushed and snorted

20. Post
    zippy wrote:
    They did a session on this at Linux con. It's awesome
    That was a good as con. First one I've ever been to and I was super impressed.

21. Post
    Is T2 diabetes always (or almost always) because you're a chub and is it obvious you're about to get it before it happens? Sometimes I worry I eat too much sugar and I'd like to be able to see the beetus coming on the horizon and panic before I get permanently ****ed up rather than after. My ex-girlfriend's mother used to always tell me I was going to get it and it scarred me for life emotionally, I get worried when I have pins and needles in my feet or I'm more thirsty than usual.

22. Post
    frio wrote:
    That was a good as con. First one I've ever been to and I was super impressed.
    I don't use Linux but that still sounds interesting.

23. Post
    Reverse anaema fecal transplant maybe?

24. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Is T2 diabetes always (or almost always) because you're a chub and is it obvious you're about to get it before it happens? Sometimes I worry I eat too much sugar and I'd like to be able to see the beetus coming on the horizon and panic before I get permanently ****ed up rather than after. My ex-girlfriend's mother used to always tell me I was going to get it and it scarred me for life emotionally, I get worried when I have pins and needles in my feet or I'm more thirsty than usual.
    If you're that worried just go get your HbA1c checked every 6 months or so

25. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I think things like age, obesity, physical inactivity and genetics (including ethnicity, gestational diabetes) are much stronger risk factors than "eating to much sugar". I'm pretty sure a high fat diet also reduces your insulin sensitivity (so would incr. diabetes risk). Endurance athletes tend to consume a lot of sugar, but because they are regularly physically active they have good insulin sensitivity and a greater ability to take glucose from the blood to the tissue, so have low rates of T2DM. Everything in moderation.