Page 1 of 14 123411 ... Last

1. Post

What did you make today?

Was surprised not to see one of these threads here. So figured why not give it a go.

I cook and bake to relax at the end of the day and because experimenting is fun, that's the extent of it for me. Today I made pizzas for me and my flatmates.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	u3xIrG2.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	208649

2. Post
    Good idea for a thread. I'd eat that pizza any day!

I had a bit of free time today so made some Vegetarian dumplings. Filling was a new recipe that was basically Edamame, chilly, lemon and soy. Made some asian "Dry Fried Green Beans" for a side. Was delicious and I have enough for two nights

3. Post
    Nice work on the dumplings

4. Post
    That looks ****ing delicious mate.

5. Post
    Merkinz wrote:
    I had a bit of free time today so made some Vegetarian dumplings.
    Those look awesome!

6. Post
    There's 1 or two threads if you search, can't remember the titles though. "What did you have for dinner" I think became the post your food pics here thread. Both look awesome though, dough on that pizza

7. Post
    Cheers, Dumplings are actually a lot easier to make than people think but they do take a boatload of time. Chuck on a podcast or something... THIS BOOK is pretty neat, and there is an e-book version you can get.

So I just made these the other day as well Soy and Sugar Pickles. They are so god damn easy and delicious. I can post the recipe is anyone wants it. You just throw the ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil then chill over night. Great to snack on with a nice beer

8. Post
    clip wrote:
    There's 1 or two threads if you search, can't remember the titles though. "What did you have for dinner" I think became the post your food pics here thread. Both look awesome though, dough on that pizza
    Hmm I remember having a quick look but can't remember the reason I made my own hah. There's a 'what did you last eat' thread but I figure something specifically for showing off what you made yourself could be cool.

If you're in Wellington I'll happily give you a batch of the dough which is ~750-800 grams. Tastes as good as it looks

Merkinz wrote:
    Cheers, Dumplings are actually a lot easier to make than people think but they do take a boatload of time. [snip]
    I can see them taking a while to assemble, would be great for when you have people over for some movies/drinks and you get to show off your kitchen skills too I guess

9. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    ...but I figure something specifically for showing off what you made yourself could be cool.
    Yeah, that's what I like about it. Not just pictures of double down's

10. Post
    Merkinz wrote:
    Yeah, that's what I like about it. Not just pictures of double down's
    Those things aren't as good as people said they were, far from it actually.
    Bought me some haloumi with chilli couple days ago. Might make me a nice sandwich with it soon.

11. Post
    Made a traditional apple pie!.. with peaches too.

Made another before this but wasn't happy with the pastry, this one was amazing in every taste-related aspect, just not aesthetically because I had to do a bit of a patch job after making the lid too thin. Not too bad though.

First made some Sweet Shortcrust Pastry and chucked it in the fridge for a while - good work out for the fingers ;)

Name:	applepie_01_01.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	174.2 KB 
ID:	208736

Then apple and peach filling, with cinnamon and ..ginger, because I forgot to get more nutmeg!

Name:	applepie_01_02.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	208737

Bringing it together

Name:	applepie_01_03.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	208738

And the result!

Name:	applepie_01_04.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	208739

Name:	applepie_01_05.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	208740

12. Post
    Nice. I looooooove apple pie. Never make it though cause I can't bake and just end up rage quitting. I hate it when people just put a pastry lid on in instead of the pastry base as well. Looks awesome man.

13. Post
    Merkinz wrote:
    So I just made these the other day as well Soy and Sugar Pickles. They are so god damn easy and delicious. I can post the recipe is anyone wants it. You just throw the ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil then chill over night. Great to snack on with a nice beer
    Looks really similar to sunomono (japanese version), and take around 10mins to make if that, made them recently when I did some japanese for my folks' birthday http://iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=kvj32lgi.2b3.jpg

http://www.japanesecooking101.com/su...-salad-recipe/

14. Post
    Fried whatevers

That dough got about 5cm above the rest before breaking back down.

Think doughnut but honey and vanilla.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by KrimzinZV; 9th January 2016 at 11:32 am.

15. Post
    Lemon meringue pie, was good! Piping skills need improvement
    Last edited by threatD; 17th January 2016 at 11:03 am.

16. Post
    mean ^

17. Post
    threatD wrote:
    [snip]
    Nice! I love lemon meringue pie. Sister used to make it all the time.

18. Post
    Its such an easy thing to make aswell. Only about 5 ingredients in total.

19. Post
    Breadcrumbed (twice!) balls of mashed potato with onion, cheese, paprika & stuff!

I had no bacon on hand, but I imagine it would be awesome to add.

20. Post
    -HB wrote:
    Breadcrumbed (twice!) balls of mashed potato with onion, cheese, paprika & stuff!

I had no bacon on hand, but I imagine it would be awesome to add.
    Looks like a 10x better version of mashies. Why you no open and take picture though?

21. Post

Name:	Photo 23-12-2015 21 04 34.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	740.3 KB 
ID:	208972

I had a parmigiana (basically a veg lasagna)

it was delicous!!

and saved me time to get on with my gaming on LoL and CS Go

a buddy of mine made the meal

his website is below

http://www.ajourneythroughtaste.com

22. Post

23. Post
    My mum bought a whole rump piece so I sliced some thick steaks off it and grilled them direct then indirect on the Weber using a mixture of lump and briqs. The fat cap on them made the coals flare up a bit lmao. Was the best rump I've had in ages even though I overcooked them. Will buy whole rumps from now on.

24. Post
    Merkinz wrote:
    You inspired me to try this with some of the courgettes my garden is shitting out.

Standard pickled courgette recipe, brine is vinegar+sugar+mustard seeds+mustard powder+chilli flakes+tumeric+celery seeds+fennel seeds. I'd never cooked with fennel seeds before or even smelt them. Holy **** I've been missing out!

Name:	pickle.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	209055

25. Post
    Awesome!!! Pickles are the best