1. Post

Came out pretty mean. Fall off the bone, but not so much so you could still hold the bone to eat them. Only thing I'll do differently next time is trim some fat off because they were pretty fatty when eating.

2. Post
    24hrs in the sous vide then 3 hours in the smoker:

3. Post
    Looks mint. What would it have been like after say, 12 hours in the sous vide? What's the reason for going so long?

4. Post
    The longer it's in the more tender it gets

5. Post
    ^ this.

Most recipes recommended 48hrs but screw that.

6. Post
    TECHNOVIKING wrote:
    The bottom one is actually really tasty. My fun take on a pina colada, substituting lemon juice with pineapple juice and coconut cream instead of regular cream.
    you reckon you could pass me the recipe for that pineapple one? looks and sounds mean

7. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    Oh yeah I get that, but how tender do we really need to go

8. Post
    Depends if you want meat or soup I guess.

9. Post
    the_kronik wrote:
    you reckon you could pass me the recipe for that pineapple one? looks and sounds mean
    I can send you the base recipe for the cheesecake itself but the pineapple top I winged it. But it's just blended up tinned pineapple with its juice/syrup and like 2 or 3 leaves of gelatin.

10. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    Surely there's such a thing as terminal tenderness?

if so, what's it like?

11. Post
    It can go kinda mushy.

12. Post
    I watched a vid on yt of some dude that did 48 hour ribs sous vide. When he pulled them out of the bag they fell apart and the meat was almost paste. I'd say that was terminal, that's nae how you eat ribs.

13. Post
    Someone do me a graph

Uhh... Graphman signal

14. Post
    JC wrote:
    Someone do me a graph

Uhh... Graphman signal
    This is a good comparison (although they also vary temperature which makes it a little more complicated): https://www.chefsteps.com/activities...-ribs-your-way

15. Post
    JC wrote:
    Someone do me a graph

Uhh... Graphman signal
    Name:  meatsoupgraph.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  14.0 KB

16. Post
    Thass what im talking about