Movies & TV General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 276 to 300 of 342

  1. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    His humour was too over the top in GotG2 and Avengers IW, his comedic success in GotG1 went to his head. Hes even got a stand up special coming/out.
    He has been great in all the marvel films.

  2. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    He has been great in all the marvel films.
    In your opinion

  3. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    In your opinion
    Well it is a very common opinion lol.

  4. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Well it is a very common opinion lol.
    lmao just because its your opinion doesn't make it a very common opinion, which also doesn't make my opinion any less right or any less wrong, both are just opinions and both shared by more than ourselves

  5. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    lmao just because its your opinion doesn't make it a very common opinion, which also doesn't make my opinion any less right or any less wrong, both are just opinions and both shared by more than ourselves
    ..... reviews dude review. Nothing to do with my opinion. People love the guy. Very much a common opinion.

    My opinion is I think it is the only character he has really nailed completely. Everything else he has done is meh. Though will give his new flick a shot.

  6. Post

  7. Post
    Holy shit, I wasn't expecting that.

  8. Post
    Netflix have filed it under LGBTQ movies so maybe Rockos gay?

  9. Post
    FFS (although iirc was the turtle character ambiguously gay?)

  10. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    FFS (although iirc was the turtle character ambiguously gay?)
    why is that a problem?

  11. Post
    Because it seems like a cynical, exploitative move to me to change established characters to appeal to a different demographic, where shows like Stephen universe show that organic, new ips can work better.

  12. Post
    it's a cartoon.

  13. Post
    Not even kids cartoons are safe lol

  14. Post
    safe from what?

  15. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    safe from what?
    This trend of changing established characters to pander to a different demographic (pretty much what Feliz said above). Anyway I guess I shouldn't comment since I haven't watched the trailer and don't care about this show. I won't say anymore since my days of ranting about this kind of stuff on here are way behind me lol

  16. Post
    it's a cartoon. they're not real characters

  17. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    it's a cartoon.
    What's your point?

  18. Post
    I can't remember much of Rocco's Modern Life as it wasn't really my kinda show but I do remember Heffer the cow being bloody annoying in every single episode.

  19. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    it's a cartoon. they're not real characters
    So fictional characters in live action shows & movies are "real"?

  20. Post
    no? it's fiction. it's weird how i keep being told sjws get offended at everything but they're not the ones crying when a character in some show is gay, or black, or a woman or something.

  21. Post
    Rocko's not gay, pretty sure he was straight in the 90's cartoon.

  22. Post
    Why couldn't they just leave it as is? Annoys me so damn much

  23. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    no? it's fiction. it's weird how i keep being told sjws get offended at everything but they're not the ones crying when a character in some show is gay, or black, or a woman or something.
    You're being dense. People get annoyed when cynical producers change _established_ properties/characters whatever, regardless of the medium. Funny no-one complained about wonder woman, black panther, tomb raider, aforementioned Stephen universe, kiss kiss bang bang, etc.

  24. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    You're being dense. People get annoyed when cynical producers change _established_ properties/characters whatever, regardless of the medium. Funny no-one complained about wonder woman, black panther, tomb raider, aforementioned Stephen universe, kiss kiss bang bang, etc.
    If you think no one complained about Black Panther, you definitely weren't paying attention.

  25. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    You're being dense. People get annoyed when cynical producers change _established_ properties/characters whatever, regardless of the medium. Funny no-one complained about wonder woman, black panther, tomb raider, aforementioned Stephen universe, kiss kiss bang bang, etc.
    This. Unfortunately the default response of an SJW is to label anyone who disagrees with an established character being changed, as a homophobe, sexist, racist etc no matter how forced or pointless the change may be.

    Take the Ghostbusters remake for example. There was a big outrage about them changing all the main characters to females. SJW's truly think that everyone who was complaining were sexist but in reality most of them were upset that they were taking a beloved movie with iconic characters & totally changing them. Of course there was going to some outrage. Some of it was because they were women but most of it was probably because they changed established iconic characters from a beloved movie. What made matters worse is the movie was absolute shit.

    The more studios change established beloved characters they more they shoot themselves in the foot. Did women go out in droves to see the Ghostbusters remake or the Oceans movie with the all female cast? Pretty sure those movies flopped.

    Also it goes both ways. I'm sure there'd be a huge outrage if they remade Alien and changed Ripley to a man because that's not the same iconic character we loved from the originals. That would be total shit & I'm sure the movie would fail. I wonder if the SJW's would still call those people who are outraged sexist lol.

    kierbear wrote:
    no? it's fiction. it's weird how i keep being told sjws get offended at everything but they're not the ones crying when a character in some show is gay, or black, or a woman or something.
    Ok who's your favorite character from TV or the movies? Would you be happy if they suddenly changed their gender or sexual orientation for no credible reason but to appeal to a different demographic? Wouldn't you be upset at all if a character you've grown to love is suddenly changed into an almost totally different character?
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 29th July 2019 at 12:31 pm.