Movies & TV General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 326 to 344 of 344

  1. Post
    I had a quick google to see if anyone else was complaining but couldn't find much. Couldn't even find proof he was gay, just that the reboot would contain themes of that nature - apparently like the original did lmao: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-lov...clown-episode/

    This 'Rocko's Modern Life' Episode Was About Being Gay And You Had No Idea
    Of course, this was far from the first time that Rocko's Modern Life tackled some more mature themes. “With Rocko, we really tried to take social issues on – it was part of the whole structure of the show," says Murray, citing episodes that dealt with everything from adoption to racism. "But it still had to appeal to kids – it had to have a visual, cartoon-y feel and lots of wackiness. I think that because that was all happening, we were maybe able to do things that somebody else might not have been able to do.”
    Maybe time to pack it up boys

  2. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Its not really a fear its more like the whole thing is stupid & pointless especially in a cartoon. I mean what is the point? They may have had this stuff back in the day but it was subtle and they didn't announce a characters sexuality to the whole world. Just leave it ambiguous & people can come up with their own conclusions if they want to.



    But his character is famous for being the half ass idiot father. That what defines his character. Does anyone even know or remember him as a moral worrier? If they suddenly changed his character now there would be an outcry because they're changing a character that has now been well established & ingrained in everyone's minds.
    Well said.

  3. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    I had a quick google to see if anyone else was complaining but couldn't find much. Couldn't even find proof he was gay, just that the reboot would contain themes of that nature - apparently like the original did lmao: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-lov...clown-episode/





    Maybe time to pack it up boys
    Lol.

  4. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    I had a quick google to see if anyone else was complaining but couldn't find much. Couldn't even find proof he was gay, just that the reboot would contain themes of that nature - apparently like the original did lmao: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-lov...clown-episode/
    ****, I got it wrong, for some reason I remembered that being the turtle, not the frog..

  5. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Its not really a fear its more like the whole thing is stupid & pointless especially in a cartoon. I mean what is the point? They may have had this stuff back in the day but it was subtle and they didn't announce a characters sexuality to the whole world. Just leave it ambiguous & people can come up with their own conclusions if they want to.



    But his character is famous for being the half ass idiot father. That what defines his character. Does anyone even know or remember him as a moral worrier? If they suddenly changed his character now there would be an outcry because they're changing a character that has now been well established & ingrained in everyone's minds.
    That's because it happened long time in the past. Had the character not changed, the show would be different. There's no way to know if it would go on to be record breaking cultural touchstone it did in our timeline.

    It was hands down an improvement, though, so your argument would be to keep from improving things just in case. I've given you examples where that improvement was dramatic.

  6. Post
    Fyi the Matrix trilogy is on Netflix im assumimg for the 20th anniversary.

  7. Post
    They missed the anniversary, it was in April. They are also showing a remastered version with Dolby Vision and Atmos in select theatres in the US.

  8. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah like I mentioned before why is sexual orientation even a thing in a kids cartoon lol? Most young kids either won't care or notice lol. The whole thing is unnecessary & pointless. Man I'm so glad I grew up in the 80's before all this bullshit lol. I feel sorry for kids these days.
    it's weird though that you only have this reaction to non-straight characters, because straight characters are in literally everything but you're only having a whinge because someone is trans or gay. weird

  9. Post
    Do you have a job? Friends? Family? Etc.

  10. Post
    ah, i see you don't actually have any sort of reply.

  11. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    it's weird though that you only have this reaction to non-straight characters, because straight characters are in literally everything but you're only having a whinge because someone is trans or gay. weird
    lol I thought this whole discussion was over. Anyway you obviously don't get what I was trying to say. IDGAF if a character is straight or gay or whatever, I just hate it when they make unnecessary/forced changes to characters to pander to a different demographic. Just make new characters that are gay or trans instead of changing existing ones.

    For example Valkyrie off the MCU movies is bisexual. I honestly dont give a **** cos that's how her character is intended to be & how they originally made her. If they suddenly announced Thor, Hulk or Ironman was gay then that would feel very forced as there was never any indication of this & they've had female love interests. Surely you'd agree on this point or would you be fine if every single straight character in the MCU suddenly came out of the closet?

  12. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    ah, i see you don't actually have any sort of reply.
    I'm not the user you quoted silly. I'm just curious since you come back from a suspension (or two) just to quote an almost two week old post seemingly just in order to stir the pot. weird.

  13. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    lol I thought this whole discussion was over. Anyway you obviously don't get what I was trying to say. IDGAF if a character is straight or gay or whatever, I just hate it when they make unnecessary/forced changes to characters to pander to a different demographic. Just make new characters that are gay or trans instead of changing existing ones.

    For example Valkyrie off the MCU movies is bisexual. I honestly dont give a **** cos that's how her character is intended to be & how they originally made her. If they suddenly announced Thor, Hulk or Ironman was gay then that would feel very forced as there was never any indication of this & they've had female love interests. Surely you'd agree on this point or would you be fine if every single straight character in the MCU suddenly came out of the closet?
    lmao i genuinely wouldn't care if they made the whole MCU gay because gay people don't upset me.

  14. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    lmao i genuinely wouldn't care if they made the whole MCU gay because gay people don't upset me.
    I think your just plain dumb or full of shit tbh. Lets just make everyone gay even if it doesn't make any sense.

  15. Post
    Stop feeding the troll

  16. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I think your just plain dumb or full of shit tbh. Lets just make everyone gay even if it doesn't make any sense.
    you're*

  17. Post
    I wouldn't care if they made any fictional character gay just like I wouldn't care if any friends/family/job came out as gay

  18. Post
    Finally got the good blu-ray of Predator (1987) from 2008! Natural film grain and all, none of that DNR'ed bullshit from the 2010 "remaster" which makes everyone look like wax figures.

    https://www.avsforum.com/forum/150-b...ison-pix.html#

  19. Post
    the thing that get me in that thread is the awful colour cast that's reduced all the skintones to grey mush. - the Star wars blu-rays are notorious for the terrible magenta hue and crushed shadows that have never been fixed as far as I know, by far a worse change than any of the digital additions imo.