Movies & TV General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Movies & TV General Discussion Thread

I thought it might be a nice idea to have a place for stuff related to Movies/TV that doesn't necessarily need it's own thread. Industry trends, technology news, celebrity gossip, that sort of thing.

Do still use the stickied rate/review and last-watched threads, but anything else feel free to share!

I just watched this director's roundtable, The Hollywood Reporter has been doing this feature with actors as well for a few years now, and it's always interesting to hear what they have to say. Jump to 24:43 for a cool Kubrick story from Ridley Scott.

2. Post
    Those roundtables are great. Just wish they got a better host. The actor one is later this month.

3. Post
    lol at QT's Kiwi accent at around 58:00

Good watch

4. Post
    He totally nailed it, probably from working with Zoe Bell so much.

5. Post
    Yeah it was pretty cool how Zoe Bell had those lines about NZ in the Hateful 8, although it did feel a bit out of place lol

6. Post
    Gotham is best show thats all

7. Post
    Oh my god - they're actually going to finish Deadwood! It was one of HBO's biggest crimes cancelling it without a proper ending.

http://deadline.com/2016/01/deadwood...ic-1201678301/

8. Post
    All of the actors have aged a fair bit.

9. Post
    I did not like how the last season went and ended. It was all a bit whack a poo with a stick in the dark story wise.

Literally, could've hired an assassin to whack the guy episode one, by episode two even the pigs would've forgotten all about him.

10. Post

11. Post
    Dicaprio won at the Golden Globes so maybe he will actually get that Oscar. Cool to see Mr Robot win too.

12. Post

13. Post
    Ryan Coogler will direct black panther.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/25616/...inkId=20280214

14. Post
    Getting bit annoyed with all the reboots of old movies, trying to cash cow off their previous triumphs.

15. Post
    great interview bay about 13 hours and transformers.

16. Post
    making a murderer is soooooooooooo good.

17. Post
    By the way If you guys are into comicbook movies or anything scifi related like star wars etc. I highly recommend collidervideos. they do a couple of shows a week called colliderheroes and jedi council. They also do a daily movie talk show. Monday to friday. talking about the news and the big breaking stories of the week its great. It really gives you a proper look inside the industry.

18. Post
    Oh Will Forte you lovable goon

19. Post
    Gwarden, what are your top 5 horror films of all time? Anyone else?

Mine are old-school;
    1 - The Exorcist
    2 - Alien (arguably sci-fi, but as tense as any horror film)
    3 - Evil Dead
    4 - The Thing
    5 - The Omen

Dawn of the Dead and Hellraiser are up there too.

What recent awesome ones should i check out?

20. Post
    Oooh good question. I've been on a real horror kick lately. Recent stuff Ive enjoyed: Bone Tomahawk, It Follows, The Green Inferno, Housebound, Spring, Honeymoon, Creep, The Babadook, VHS2, and Lords of Salem. Coming up in 2016, Goodnight Mommy and The Witch look good.

The Shining, The Thing, Alien, Evil Dead 2 and Let the Right One In would be my all time top 5. Psycho, Halloween, The Devil's Rejects, Ravenous and The Ring '98 would round out my top 10. Obvious predilection for 80's horror, but man it's hard to narrow it down. Didn't even mention so many classics...I don't really like French horror like Martyrs, but I do like Italian horror like Suspiria, Japanese horror is mostly great, but yeah 80's American horror is where it's at for me.

21. Post
    the shining. kubrick's shining that is

22. Post
    If you like The Shining make sure you watch the documentary "Room 237".

23. Post
    What are your most anciticpated movies this year? Mine are.

1.Doctor Strange
    2. Captain America: Civil War
    3. Batman V Superman
    4. X-Men Apocalypse
    5. Star Wars: Rogue One
    6. Finding Dory
    7. Deadpool
    8.Suicide Squad
    9. Star Trek: Beyond
    10. Fantastic Beasts and where to find them

24. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Oooh good question. I've been on a real horror kick lately. Recent stuff Ive enjoyed: Bone Tomahawk, It Follows, The Green Inferno, Housebound, Spring, Honeymoon, Creep, The Babadook, VHS2, and Lords of Salem. Coming up in 2016, Goodnight Mommy and The Witch look good.

The Shining, The Thing, Alien, Evil Dead 2 and Let the Right One In would be my all time top 5. Psycho, Halloween, The Devil's Rejects, Ravenous and The Ring '98 would round out my top 10. Obvious predilection for 80's horror, but man it's hard to narrow it down. Didn't even mention so many classics...I don't really like French horror like Martyrs, but I do like Italian horror like Suspiria, Japanese horror is mostly great, but yeah 80's American horror is where it's at for me.
    Check out "The Visit" if you haven't already. I wouldn't even know where to beging to list my fave horrors.

25. Post
    Gwarden, it was your thread about The Witch that got me thinking about horror films ..... i grew up on them, my Dad was a massive horror fan. I got sent to bed when i was about 10 so my folks could watch The Exorcist on VHS.... i lay on my bed with my head down at the foot of the bed, and watched it through the hinge-crack in my bedroom door. Nightmares for weeks afterwards.

And awww yeah, Suspiria; how could i forget that. And Tenebrae.

Will check out the ones you mentioned; only heard of It Follows and The Babadook, so will start with those. Hopefully they're on Netflix. Oh, and Let the Right One In - must give that a watch.