Movies & TV General Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    What about US shows? spoiler tags?

2. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    That would be a great idea and definitely do it for Star Wars as well. Hopefully it'll encourage other movies to get their own thread as it feels like a lot of good movies are going by unmentioned here (Hereditary, Mandy etc)
    Agreed. I wanted to make a thread for Ryan Goslings First Man the other day but plonked it in the trailer thread cause its would have been just another thread that will fall into the void. Maybe there's a way we can gather up all the mcu movie threads and plonk them into one sticky thread and go from there and do the same for star wars. There's also the dc movie project thread that could get stickied as well.

3. Post
    so really none yall gonna talk about the new crimes of grindelwald trailer

4. Post
    Shower thought: In a future where construction drones have gained sentience and time travel is more than just a theory, that is where the beings from Batteries Not Included came from.

5. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    so really none yall gonna talk about the new crimes of grindelwald trailer
    its looking really good. First one was a bit average but they had to setup the universe again. This one looks like they're going all in on the wizarding world and deeper into the mythology. Lots of Harry Potter references etc. Depp actually looks like hes gonna own the Grindelwald role.

6. Post
    Depp can **** off tbh.

7. Post

8. Post
    Just watched Sorry to bother you. That was ****ing weird lol. Enjoyed it though.

9. Post
    THE MULE Official Trailer (201 Clint Eastwood, Bradley Cooper Movie HD

10. Post
    Charles Bronson's back from the dead..

11. Post
    So what movies you all looking forward to this year?

For me.

1. Avengers: End Game
    2. Captain Marvel
    3. Star Wars IX
    4.Lion King
    5.Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
    6.Godzilla King of Monsters
    7. Fast and Furious presents: Hobbs and Shaw
    9. Spider-Man: Far From Home
    10. X-Men: Dark Phoenix
    Last edited by Valeyard; 2nd January 2019 at 10:46 am.

12. Post
    Valeyard wrote:

For me.

2. Captain Marvel
    3. Star Wars IX
    4.Lion King
    No Shazam?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

13. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    No Shazam?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I had it on my list but I forgot about Spider-Man. So I had to swap it with something. I'm still looking forward to Dark Phoenix a bit more than Shazam. Maybe the next Shazam trailer will sell me on it a bit more.

14. Post
    Stolen from your list:
    Star Wars XI - still a year to go and I have more faith in JJ than most people so I'll probably see this in the theater
    Lion King - easily one of the best movies from my childhood
    Godzilla - looks full on and considering we've had some good monster movies like Pacific Rim I am hopeful

My own:

Us - by Jordan Peele(who did Get Out), a family is stalked by dopplegangers and it looks absolutely insane, probably the film I'm most looking forward to and if you haven't watched the trailer check it out.

edit: is that F&F the spinoff? ahaha ok yeah that could make my list.

15. Post
    Valeyard wrote:

For me.

2. Captain Marvel
    3. Star Wars IX
    4.Lion King
    Glass!

16. Post
    Are you cheating Netflix - http://www.ladbible.com/entertainmen...count-20190110 - "The End is Nigh"

17. Post
    I share with a mate, but have a multi-user premium account and they log the devices and IP addresses that access it, so not sure why they need this AI.

18. Post
    http://collider.com/the-social-network-sequel/

Aaron Sorkin wants to make a sequel to the social network.

Less than a decade later, everything we know and think about that platform has changed as the veil has slowly been pulled back to reveal the extraordinarily wide reach and influence Facebook wields, leaving the floor wide open for the next chapter of Zuckerberg’s story to be told on screen. “First of all, I know a lot more about Facebook in 2005 than I do in 2018, but I know enough to know that there should be a sequel,” Sorkin told AP Entertainment, “A lot of very interesting, dramatic stuff has happened since the movie ends with settling the lawsuit from the Winklevoss Twins and Eduardo Saverin,” he added.

19. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Random question. Was thinking it might be an interesting experiment to try maybe having a single thread of discussion for the MCU? I see a lot of other forums do it. Or do people prefer each marvel movie having their own thread? its just looks kinda spammy making a new thread every time a new Avengers movie comes out. Especially when the next slate of films get announced do you really want 9 separate threads for 9 new marvel movies? It might be easier with just one thread. Same with Star Wars you could give both their own sticky threads.
    Still considering this?

20. Post
    Random question - was just wondering how Netflix remains profitable after continuously spending money on new shows & movies but their subscriber base numbers remaining pretty static & not increasing by alot these days (I'm assuming).

21. Post
    I assume unlike somewhere like Activision Blizzard where the shareholders pocket 75-80% of the money coming in and only put a small amount back into what is generating them income, Netflix actually has a much larger amount being pumped back into shows & movies, and a smaller amount being taken out.

22. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Random question - was just wondering how Netflix remains profitable after continuously spending money on new shows & movies but their subscriber base numbers remaining pretty static & not increasing by alot these days (I'm assuming).
    That's a pretty good question. They're also loosing a bit of $ due to those one month free subscribers who then unsubscribe before the month is over and then reset the free month after a couple of months.

23. Post
    Valeyard wrote:

For me.

2. Captain Marvel
    3. Star Wars IX
    4.Lion King
    Captain Marvel
    Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen