Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Blade & Soul

"New" free2play Korean MMO. Launched early access today (need a founders pack to play). Launch is in three days.

The main draws are deep reactive combat mechanics and Dead or Alive style boob physics.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Blade%20and%20Soul

2. Post
    keen to get this when it goes f2p on Wednesday

3. Post
    "New" as in... was released in Korea in 2012 and it's now in English in 2016... "new"

Looks good though, I don't have time for MMORPGs though.

4. Post
    "free to play"
    bellyfrog wrote:
    Dead or Alive style boob physics
    DOA looks a million times better.

5. Post
    Yes Krichul hence the quotation marks!

It is completely free to play, you can purchase everything in game using in-game currency afaik. Sure you can pay for perks as you can in every free to play game.

Has been one of the most popular games on twitch for the past couple of days since early access, a lot of people are really enjoying the game so definitely worth a look since it'll cost you $0.

6. Post
    Anyone here from GP is playing?

I am not sure if I should bother since the servers are in Dallas, which can be pretty awful for an action MMO.

7. Post
    Apparently there are a couple of classes that are more forgiving with high ping, namely Destroyer and Summoner.

8. Post
    bellyfrog wrote:
    Apparently there are a couple of classes that are more forgiving with high ping, namely Destroyer and Summoner.
    Thanks, I might check it out and see what the ping is like in game. Looks like a Tera clone but has a more visceral combat system.

9. Post
    So close now, been waiting since early last year.

10. Post
    Dallas servers are the closest, what? Even Korea is closer.

11. Post
    There are no Korean servers for the Western release of the game. Only US (Dallas, Texas) or EU (Frankfurt, Germany).

12. Post
    Hey, been playing since Saturday and really enjoying it so far.
    If you like action mmos and dont mind the eastern style graphics
    give it a try. Pvp in this game is amazing, although I still have alot to
    learn. In terms of ping ive been getting around 200 which seems
    fine in duels so far..

13. Post
    Will definitely give it a try but won't stay long...
    This is my reason...

14. Post
    2 hour queues sounds fun

15. Post
    SokoPen wrote:
    Will definitely give it a try but won't stay long...
    This is my reason...
    Hence Destroyer or Summoner being the classes to look at if you're trying to max out your effectiveness as they are slower paced classes where the ani-cancels are not such a big deal, especially in PVP.

popopop wrote:
    2 hour queues sounds fun
    This happens in every MMO especially at launch. I'd expect much worse issues than a queue personally.

16. Post
    Theres only one server that has a two hour queue if your stupid enough to pick that server you deserve it really :P

17. Post
    its pretty awesome

18. Post
    Good fun but the latency pretty much is a deal breaker for me and such a shame.

I'll give it a thrash for a week or so but don't see it being a mainstay for me.

Was there ever any word on OCE servers?

19. Post
    Getting timed out when trying to download, must be everyone else trying to download at the same time.

Guess I can try again tonight.

Hows the lag?

20. Post
    I'd say it isn't worth playing because of the nature of the game and the lag right now.

21. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Good fun but the latency pretty much is a deal breaker for me and such a shame.

I'll give it a thrash for a week or so but don't see it being a mainstay for me.

Was there ever any word on OCE servers?
    Nah, no word on OCE servers.
    I don't think this is a mainstay for me either, but I am going to keep playing this until BDO comes out.

22. Post
    Really 185 ping still isnt playable for you?
    Last edited by Tigersblood; 20th January 2016 at 8:03 pm.

23. Post
    Not for an MMO of this nature, no.

In the same vein as Wildstar and Tera - action MMOs which require low latency to be any fun.

But by all means please try it out, you may able to deal with the lag and it seems like it could be a great game.
    Last edited by Bt; 20th January 2016 at 10:54 pm.

24. Post
    Not really having any noticeable lag playing as summoner. Won the duels I've done too.

The game is excellent but I highly recommend watching some youtube guides or reading reddit for tips. It's pretty overwhelming as a new player knowing what to upgrade with what items etc etc.

Combat is super fun, I pull like 20 mobs at a time and just wreck them ever since level 15. Currently sitting at 31.

25. Post
    No noticeable lag? What server are you on? I find I have extremely noticeable and annoying input lag, playing a summoner as well.