2. Post
    Comancheros?

3. Post
    R.I.P. Shortland Street legend.

4. Post
    Holy shit, no :/

5. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Died suddenly, no suspicious circumstances. We all know thatís code for suicide. RIP
    This. RIP.

6. Post
    bradc wrote:
    I don't know how bad you have to be to get 3 DICs, I've never had one. And he got busted for breaching his suspension.
    I dunno about "bad". Alcohol problems maybe.

All the Samaritans numbers make it pretty obvious but "died suddenly" is one of the other codes.

7. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    I dunno about "bad". Alcohol problems maybe.

All the Samaritans numbers make it pretty obvious but "died suddenly" is one of the other codes.
    No bad. Bad enough to drink and be so messed up the fuzz pull you over. If you want to drink fine but DICs are an avoidable problem.

8. Post
    RIP. Real sad, didn't personally know the guy but remember watching him on SS years ago.

Why did they even mention his convictions? Did he having a drinking problem? Why did he kill himself and how can we work towards making it not happen again?

9. Post
    bradc wrote:
    If you want to drink fine but DICs are an avoidable problem.
    Or not a problem at all in that they aren't called that.

Why did he kill himself and how can we work towards making it not happen again?
    I feel confident that it won't happen again.

10. Post
    S.E.D. wrote:
    Or not a problem at all in that they aren't called that..
    Yet you know what "they" are.

11. Post
    Yeah I do and I know DIC is as foreign a term to the Court as are surprise sex to describe rape and opening a can of whoopass to describe injuring with intent to injure

12. Post
    Wow ..... splitting hairs about this ...... must be a bit of Mondayitis going around!

Chill S.E.D, we all know what bradc meant, and this isn't a Court.

13. Post
    S.E.D. wrote:
    Yeah I do and I know DIC is as foreign a term to the Court as are surprise sex to describe rape and opening a can of whoopass to describe injuring with intent to injure
    You should get a job as a court typist you have the terms down.

14. Post
    bradc wrote:
    .... A stegosaurus?

15. Post
    bradc wrote:
    I type with two fingers so I don't think typist is in my wheelhouse. But if I ever had to do a loser job like that I'd top myself faster than Pua Magasiva.

16. Post
    Not a kiwi but Silver King
    Used to be a wrestler back in WCW

17. Post
    S.E.D. wrote:
    I type with two fingers so I don't think typist is in my wheelhouse. But if I ever had to do a loser job like that I'd top myself faster than Pua Magasiva.
    oh boy

18. Post
    Don't ever go full Tormental

19. Post
    bradc wrote:
    No bad. Bad enough to drink and be so messed up the fuzz pull you over. If you want to drink fine but DICs are an avoidable problem.
    Sure, it's not good but neither is it particularly high on the spectrum of evil deeds. It's right that it should be illegal but most over the limit drivers don't start charging oncoming traffic, they get busted at breath checks. The penalty is the same for doing sober burnouts or driving when your license is suspended from traffic tickets.

There are degrees of badness. Being slightly over the limit increases your chance of an accident but no more than being uncoordinated or being old or having rubbish vision. I'd still score higher than most people on a driving test if I were 10% over the limit. If I were driving at triple the limit then I belong in prison.

To be clear, I think the current rules are OK but I don't think blowing 260 when the limit is 250 is a high crime.
    Last edited by Quasi ELVIS; 14th May 2019 at 3:05 am.

20. Post
    Doris Day. actor, singer and animal welfare activist died at 97

21. Post
    Damn, another one to add to the list of people I thought were already dead - good innings though RIP.

22. Post
    Quasi ELVIS wrote:
    Sure, it's not good but neither is it particularly high on the spectrum of evil deeds. It's right that it should be illegal but most over the limit drivers don't start charging oncoming traffic, they get busted at breath checks. The penalty is the same for doing sober burnouts or driving when your license is suspended from traffic tickets.
    I'm not saying the crime itself is horrific more so the fact the dude got busted multiple times. Odds are high at least one of those came from being pulled over for driving in a way that caught police attention.

23. Post
    RIP Tim Conway a very funny man.
    On the Carol Burnett Show back when tv was live to air his Elephant Story which broke from the script and was purely designed to crack up his colleagues is an all time classic.

24. Post
    griefmaker wrote:
    RIP Tim Conway a very funny man.
    On the Carol Burnett Show back when tv was live to air his Elephant Story which broke from the script and was purely designed to crack up his colleagues is an all time classic.
    Back when comedy was good, even the American stuff.

RIP Tim

25. Post
    R.I.P. Bob Hawke