1. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Hey man! I actually borrowed it off Chizzbo, got the Plat in a week and sent it back to him

- - - Updated - - -

****, this or Doom....
    Haha you must of been on it solid for a week to get that !!!

2. Post
    I am loving SLER. WRC5 has completely spoiled me for arcadey feels and it took a whole mindset change to get into this. Cornering is a completely different concept now, where normally I'd ehjavy brake first, the accelerate and get away with a bit of handbrake / throw the back out and nail it, to now, breaking slightly but LIGHTLY just glancing the accelerator around the corner.

So I've started looking into wheels. There's the G29 which looks insane, but out of my price range. Has anyone tried the T80? Most obvious con being the lack of force feedback, but as far as entry level goes, it looks mean as.

3. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    I am loving SLER. WRC5 has completely spoiled me for arcadey feels and it took a whole mindset change to get into this. Cornering is a completely different concept now, where normally I'd ehjavy brake first, the accelerate and get away with a bit of handbrake / throw the back out and nail it, to now, breaking slightly but LIGHTLY just glancing the accelerator around the corner.
    Just wait till you try Dirt Rally, the handling model for gravel rallies is incredible.

Crow#Zero wrote:
    So I've started looking into wheels. There's the G29 which looks insane, but out of my price range. Has anyone tried the T80? Most obvious con being the lack of force feedback, but as far as entry level goes, it looks mean as.
    Do you have something to mount the wheel to (desk, table etc.), or are you going to be playing from the couch? If the latter then keep in mind that a lot of wheels don't come with lap mounts anymore, so you'll probably need a to purchase a wheel stand or something else to clamp it to. Just something to keep in mind.

4. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    Just wait till you try Dirt Rally, the handling model for gravel rallies is incredible.
    oh man I know. I've been sucked in hard by this stuff. Still casual player but my head is totally in this (until the division drops, I guess :P )

InvisibleShadow wrote:
    Do you have something to mount the wheel to (desk, table etc.), or are you going to be playing from the couch? If the latter then keep in mind that a lot of wheels don't come with lap mounts anymore, so you'll probably need a to purchase a wheel stand or something else to clamp it to. Just something to keep in mind.
    Thanks for the tip - yup I game at a pc desk - it's ideal.

edit: seen these posts, think I'll pass until I can afford something more like the g29. Can't see the T100 in nz :/
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 17th February 2016 at 11:49 am.

5. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    edit: seen these posts, think I'll pass until I can afford something more like the g29. Can't see the T100 in nz :/
    In my view, the T80 is shit. I had a better experience with the controller when playing racing games, and i'm a 100% wheel guy.

Definitely hold out until you can afford the G29. I've not used this retailer before, but PriceSpy would suggest they're currently the cheapest at $430;
    https://www.alphacity.co.nz/index.ph...eel-for-PS4PS3

Computer Lounge have it for $450, and would probably match this Alpha City place (CL have great customer service).

Before Christmas, JB HiFi had it on spesh for $400, but currently $600.

6. Post
    i didn't actually post the link to your post I was referring to whoops :/

anyways yeah I'll hold off. T80 looks like a waste of money and g29 is way out of my price range. Hell Ive spent so much on games recently I shouldn't even be entertaining this idea haha

thanks tho - will keen it on the back burner for now.

nek minit..

7. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    nek minit..
    Yeah, you and your impulse-buys ......

*whispers* Dooooooooooooo ittttttttttt

8. Post
    Frederick James wrote:

*whispers* Dooooooooooooo ittttttttttt
    Buying the game was a risk in itself. However I have a backup plan, if she asks if it's a new game I'll simply reply:

'nah babygurl its wrc5 i bought this on speshul like 6 monks ago lol'

.. and if I were to fork out over 4 hundred on a G29..

THEN WERE DA HELL YOU PULL THAT DAMN STEERO WEEL FROM

CROW YOU BEEN SPENDING MA GOLD TRINKETTS ONNNN?

9. Post
    Funny sh*t. You have my sympathies.

10. Post
    So MA have the T150 and G29 on sale. Texted wifey for permission.

she suggested we use the one we already have...

deep sigh...

11. Post
    Wow, that looks rather ancient. I think my oldest wheel is a $60 Fanatec set for PS2. Every time you turned the wheel you could hear the elastic bands inside creaking and groaning.

If you do get the ok then go for the G29.

12. Post
    it was an ancient wheel she bought for the ps2 about 1500 years ago.

and no, i didn't get the ok for the wheel

13. Post
    Dawww...

14. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Texted wifey for permission.
    Dude ..... you buy the wheel and then text for forgiveness ......

15. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Dude ..... you buy the wheel and then text for forgiveness ......
    which would be easy if I thought I'd come out of that conversation with fingers!

Anyways still really enjoying SLRE, even with the controller. The first SL race challenge is so frikken hard I have no idea how I'll ever pass it. Funnily enough the second and 3rd which I'd unlocked were a lot easier.

Whacked on WRC 5 the other night just for comparison, and damn what a difference. I dunno if I can go back to it anytime soon, but I do still want to finish the main rallies / campaign mode.

16. Post
    That first SL race is definitely pretty challenging... took me a few goes to pass it.

Only did the first couple of races but it's one of the coolest career modes I've played in a driving game. Really enjoyed the interview clips that play before each new set of stages.

17. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    So MA have the T150 and G29 on sale. Texted wifey for permission.

she suggested we use the one we already have...

deep sigh...

I had one of those. I allowed the bin to store it when we moved last year. It gutted me to let such a nice piece of kit go, but I just couldn't convince Mrs Chickenman to allow me to keep it!

18. Post
    G29 combo is tempting but 800bux+ for shifter as well as wheel stand just cant spend that at the moment!

19. Post
    slipstream wrote:
    G29 combo is tempting but 800bux+ for shifter as well as wheel stand just cant spend that at the moment!
    This.

Even the wheel and shifter with no stand would break my current bank account.

Which is a hella shame, I've just bought American Truck Simulator!

20. Post
    If you love your driving games then a wheel and pedals set is so worth it. Just a shame that all the budget ones for PS4 are so crap.

21. Post
    Yeah pretty tempting because can also use it for PC driving games but yeah bank acc would like sad

22. Post
    T500RS on mightyape for $1,089, no shifter but damn that would be so nice to have. Still quite happy I bought the G29 when I did as is pretty pricey. With that all behind me, I'm ready for racing games except I don't have the best place to set up the wheel but that's just extra cost, probably just end up creating something myself suited to my chair would be quite easy.

23. Post
    slipstream wrote:
    Yeah pretty tempting because can also use it for PC driving games but yeah bank acc would like sad
    This. If it wasn't for ETS2 and ATS on PC I wouldn't be as gutted as I am now because I can't afford this deal!

24. Post
    OK got the g29 lol. Is there any way to ease the force feedback down? Want my 4yo to try but its pretty hard out at the moment.

Edit found it in the driveclub menu
    Last edited by Crow#Zero; 20th February 2016 at 7:05 pm.

25. Post
    Bahaha, GG.

Frederick James wrote:

No idea on fixing FFB though, I don't have a G29.