1. Post
    Anyone else pick up WRC 8? Myself and the general consensus around the various racing channels is DiRT finally has some competition.

Only things that set DiRT apart now is eye candy and sounds all other things WRC does just as good or better notable things being career mod, asphalt physics and stage construction/layout.

Its finally good to see the WRC series return to form after so many years I lost hope for the series after Milestone took over development it felt like such a downgrade to what Evo studios had built.

So as long as they can work on the graphics and sounds for the next game (personally I would like to see a bigger R&D tree) DiRT will need to try a lot harder to put out a better game.

2. Post
    Oh I didn't realise WRC 8 was out.. yeah I think I'll pick it up. Skipped Dirt 2.

3. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Oh I didn't realise WRC 8 was out.. yeah I think I'll pick it up. Skipped Dirt 2.
    Dirt 2.0 is the best racing game ever made.
    In my completely biased opinion.

4. Post
    WRC 8 looks might tempting. The thing that sways me (provided handling performance is on par with DiRT now), is the official tracks/stages, liveries and teams. Much better immersion for a rally game IMO.

5. Post
    MA out of stock and the next shipment is 3-4 weeks?? Damn. $105 on PSN and don't see it on other sites. Might NZgameshop it.

6. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    MA out of stock and the next shipment is 3-4 weeks?? Damn. $105 on PSN and don't see it on other sites. Might NZgameshop it.
    You sure? It's on the MA AU website, and cheaper

7. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    Hey multi platform racers.

Have any of you tried this? https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

Itís an adaptor that coverts your wheels input to a non matching console. Basically it looks like itíd covert a G29 signal to a G920 signal for example so you can use your PS spec wheel on Xbox and vice versa. Along with many other common wheels of course.

For those that have any input lag etc?
    Just FYI, I have one and it works great with my Fanatec wheel. Easy to set up as well, just plug everything in to the right place and you're ready.

8. Post
    So I nabbed a cheap copy of Wreckfest, to find it has full, comprehensive wheel support. Well, G29 anyway. It's a ton of fun too, a total blast wrenching the wheel around as you drive various dungers. Some silly shit too, like racing sofas and lawnmowers. One race where you're in a 3 wheel Reliant Robin type of car, up against 24 school buses. Seems like the game that the Flatout series always wanted to be.

Will probably pick up Grid at some point as well, for some arcade racing goodness.

9. Post
    Was looking at grabbing Wreckfest but no split-screen is disappointing (was intending on playing with my son).

10. Post
    So i noticed that a few NFS games are on EA Access. Payback is the only one that supports the G29 wheel, so i downloaded it and gave it a blat. Pleasantly surprised with how fun it is - absolutely zero expectations going in to it, which is probably why it's better than expected. There are no options whatsoever for tweaking any wheel settings, and the FFB is quite light in general, but it works, and feels pretty decent.

Seems to be quite well made, with an okay Fast/Furious style story, reasonable acting, and a lighthearted vibe overall.

I wouldn't race out and buy it, but if you can pick it up for cheap and you're in the market for an arcade racer, you could do worse.

11. Post
    A NFS with wheel support? Sacrilege!

I might give this a shot when I finish my playthrough of NFS2015 (my current guilty pleasure), as I have Payback in my backlog.

12. Post
    Playing it again tonight - it's actually really growing on me!