1. Post
    Having all kinds of dramas with it tbh

Sébastien Loeb, while it supports it, is a complete nightmare. Real weird and random stuff happening.

2. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    OK got the g29 lol. Is there any way to ease the force feedback down? Want my 4yo to try but its pretty hard out at the moment.

Edit found it in the driveclub menu
    Lol indeed; you Sir, are a King amongst men - do tell us, how'd you get it past your Minister of Finance?

Yeah, the FF is done on a game-by-game basis. Do you have Project Cars? If so, increase the sensitivity; defaults to 50%, so you have turn the wheel heaps, and really early, to make the car actually turn. I found that around 80% was the sweet spot.

Gonna get back into the racing when Dirt comes out.

3. Post
    You'll need to adjust if you've never used a wheel before, and also find the right settings that suit your driving style (wheel rotation setting is a big one). It won't happen overnight.

4. Post
    Nah I understand set up but shit like it just not accelerating after 70kph is very odd.

Another one where in training it wouldn't accelerate at all. Quit the time trial and it's fine.

5. Post
    Yeah that's weird... sounds like that could be the game maybe. :/ Admittedly I used a T300RS when playing SebL, and while I didn't have any issues apart from my shifter not working there may be issues with the G29.

6. Post
    The settings came right and with some tinkering I managed to do OK until I got to a hairpin corner. 2 hours later on the one freaking time trial and gave up. The wheel is still loose on the table so that won't help, turning too much causes it to move around on the table. Very frustrating but should set it up properly.

Edit fiiinally got my config sussed. Won't spam thread anymore!

Attached Images

Last edited by Crow#Zero; 21st February 2016 at 11:14 am.

7. Post
    Nice work crow, have you tried it on driveclub with the hardcore handling? Pretty impressed with driveclub now, those races the other night were fun lol, cant wait for the R34 GT-R though!

8. Post
    Was expecting more from hardcore mode

9. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Lol indeed; you Sir, are a King amongst men - do tell us, how'd you get it past your Minister of Finance?

Yeah, the FF is done on a game-by-game basis. Do you have Project Cars? If so, increase the sensitivity; defaults to 50%, so you have turn the wheel heaps, and really early, to make the car actually turn. I found that around 80% was the sweet spot.

Gonna get back into the racing when Dirt comes out.
    sorry just saw this. Ah she was in a good mood for a change lol. We don't usually let our little man play games or anything but figured this might be fun for him (he ended up enjoying driveclub once I did the accelerating for him)

I dont have project cars, just wrc5, sebastien loeb, and Driveclub. Was a bit disappointed that The Crew didn't support the wheel, but that game is much more arcadey anyways.

slipstream wrote:
    Nice work crow, have you tried it on driveclub with the hardcore handling? Pretty impressed with driveclub now, those races the other night were fun lol, cant wait for the R34 GT-R though!
    yeah I tried on saturday night but was pretty difficult (didn't understand the settings, was a bit tipsy). I'll give it a go tomorrow I think.

10. Post
    quick whiparound:

what are your settings for steering wheel angles? (not necessarily just rally - but it is my main jam)

I've really only invested time into Sebastien Loeb and Driveclub but the difference in this setting is huge. If I have it too sensitive, it's twitchy and at high speeds I crash out on simple wide turns. But if I pull the sensitivity back, I can barely make it around hairpins. Id like to find a happy medium, or is it a case of picking one and 'git gud' overall? I've googled around and see all kinds of recommendations from 240 degrees in Dirt Rally to 900 in SLER. Argh.

11. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    quick whiparound:

what are your settings for steering wheel angles? (not necessarily just rally - but it is my main jam)

I've really only invested time into Sebastien Loeb and Driveclub but the difference in this setting is huge. If I have it too sensitive, it's twitchy and at high speeds I crash out on simple wide turns. But if I pull the sensitivity back, I can barely make it around hairpins. Id like to find a happy medium, or is it a case of picking one and 'git gud' overall? I've googled around and see all kinds of recommendations from 240 degrees in Dirt Rally to 900 in SLER. Argh.
    I have it on 900 on Driveclub + Project Cars in also I believe I have mine at 900 on Dirt Rally which I've left with the default settings. Driveclub in Project Cars I had to change the settings a bit as otherwise it felt like I was driving without powersteering.

12. Post
    I have mine at about 400-540 depending on the game. Some games can adjust it dynamically based on the car you're using so watch out for that.

900 is way too high for me personally, I can drive using it but not competitively. I only go lower than 380 in F1 games or arcade racers like NFS which are designed for gamepads.

13. Post
    Cheers. Yeah I stuck to 900 for SLER last night and just forced myself to get used to it - ended up really quite used to it, but once again some stages are impossible, and have to go back to 540.

If anyone is interested, this is how I ended up 'mounting' my G29. I have some weights in my home gym and slotted 2x5kg into the grips and tightened it up. I also used a rubber mat to go underneath the whole unit so that it doesn't damage the table, and in turn, my wife doesn't damage me.
    Pics:
    What it looks like: http://iforce.co.nz/i/ypl1odzw.e1w.jpg
    Top down: http://iforce.co.nz/i/rfxmwlbd.abe.jpg
    The clamps: http://iforce.co.nz/i/osio2f4u.k13.jpg

also means I can take it apart and store it quickly.

14. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    I have it on 900 on Driveclub + Project Cars
    Same here. They're the only two racing games i have for it, but will be getting Dirt Rally when it comes out on the PS4. May also pick up SLRE depending on how it compares to Dirt (and/or if i see it for cheap).

15. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Same here. They're the only two racing games i have for it, but will be getting Dirt Rally when it comes out on the PS4. May also pick up SLRE depending on how it compares to Dirt (and/or if i see it for cheap).
    DR looks amazing and all, but the general feel that I'm getting is like going from Wonder Boy straight into Demon Souls. I'm having enough trouble with SLRE (aka Wonder Boy) and have nearly thrown the wheel out the frikken window. From the sounds of things the increase in difficulty and track texture DR might well break my soul.

I actually highly recommend SLRE. There's a demo but the sheer amount of content and race types really make the full game worth it, in my opinion (remember, I enjoyed wrc5 but couldn't reaaaaally recommend it)

$79 on MA too at the moment: https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...n-PS4/23014017

Oh and last night I drove the entire length of the 20km Pikes Peak course. So far I've only been able to play smaller sections of it. EXHILARATING. Love it.

16. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    If anyone is interested, this is how I ended up 'mounting' my G29. I have some weights in my home gym and slotted 2x5kg into the grips and tightened it up. I also used a rubber mat to go underneath the whole unit so that it doesn't damage the table, and in turn, my wife doesn't damage me.
    Pics:
    What it looks like: http://iforce.co.nz/i/ypl1odzw.e1w.jpg
    Top down: http://iforce.co.nz/i/rfxmwlbd.abe.jpg
    The clamps: http://iforce.co.nz/i/osio2f4u.k13.jpg

also means I can take it apart and store it quickly.
    Nice.

Picture of mine when set up, gives me hardly any room! Cables cables everywhere.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010193.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	316.1 KB 
ID:	209607

I tried the demo again, pretty fun just driving round on the test track (missed that last time I downloaded the demo). Found 900 perfect. Tried your setting of 540, works alright on this game but yeah think I prefer the 900, even 1080 if the wheel supported it... Uploading a quick vid of a lap between the two atm.

Only thing I don't really like, is the handbrake feels a bit weak at times in using the H shifter it doesn't change gears faster enough, it sticks around in natural for awhile after I've already changed gears, a little annoying.

But yeah not bad, will pick the game up when its pretty cheap.

Frederick James wrote:
    Did you change any settings on Project Cars? I found by default its damn strong FFB so switched it to Classic mode which felt a ton better, is about the only settings I've changed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12778664_1698161283789500_3702236430905792830_o.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	209608

17. Post
    So who is going to lend me a rally game?

18. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Only thing I don't really like, is the handbrake feels a bit weak at times
    I noticed that straight away too. The default setting in the car setup is far too weak. I push it all the way over to max every time.

19. Post
    H shifter working alright now, changed it to H shifter + Clutch and even without using the clutch it still changes gear & does so smoothly without hanging around in natural, weird.

20. Post
    I couldn't get my shifter working in SLRE on PS4, wouldn't even detect it.

21. Post
    Is it worth trying the clutch with only paddles for shifting? I'm going to get rekt but worth a try.

22. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Is it worth trying the clutch with only paddles for shifting? I'm going to get rekt but worth a try.
    You can always push it in but it won't do anything Only on the setting H + Clutch will the clutch actually work, although its not needed to change gears.

InvisibleShadow wrote:
    I couldn't get my shifter working in SLRE on PS4, wouldn't even detect it.
    Weird, you got it set to H? If its set to manual you won't be able to use the shifter.

23. Post
    Yeah, tried every combination I can think of but it doesn't even register it's plugged in. It's Thrustmaster gear not Logitech though, and the shifter has a separate USB connection.

24. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    Yeah, tried every combination I can think of but it doesn't even register it's plugged in. It's Thrustmaster gear not Logitech though, and the shifter has a separate USB connection.
    Ah ok, Sebastien Loeb Rally only allows one wheel device / USB for such things. Heard some people have gotten it to work though...

Milestone announces the release of patch 2 PlayStation®4.

Changelog includes the resolution of the following issues:

Fix of steering wheel for input lag and linearity
    Fix shaders for more stable framerate
    Fix of device Thursmaster TH8A support (multi USB)

The patch for Xbox One® the all-in-one games and entertainment system console and PC/STEAM™ will be available in the upcoming days.
    All patched up?

25. Post
    Must refrain from stealing savings to buy a wheel/H shifter/SLRE combo from MA!