Page 1 of 31 123411 ... Last
Results 1 to 25 of 775

  1. Post
    #1

    Rally/Racing Games Thread

    I know that the general purpose Next Gen thread has been used for PS4 rally discussion till now, but with Seb Loeb rally out tomorrow and Dirt Rally not far off as well I thought it would be a great idea to split the discussion off into it's own thread.

    So has there been much improvement to WRC5 since it's launch? I was pretty disappointed with it and haven't bothered to check on it any more since uninstalling.
    Last edited by InvisibleShadow; 29th August 2016 at 3:25 pm.

  2. Post
    #2
    I'm happy to overlook how non-sim any particular rally game might be, as long as it has support for the Logitech wheel.

    I almost got WRC5 when i heard that wheel support had been patched in, but i think Crow mentioned that some forum dudes had said it still wasn't working. Figured i'd wait for Seb Loeb and Dirt anyway, see how they panned out.

  3. Post
    #3
    I haven't played a rally game in a while, but I really enjoyed Dirt 2 and 3

  4. Post
    #4
    I'm just going to wait for Dirt Rally, looks like early-April is still the release date.

  5. Post
    #5
    Frederick James wrote:
    I'm happy to overlook how non-sim any particular rally game might be, as long as it has support for the Logitech wheel.

    I almost got WRC5 when i heard that wheel support had been patched in, but i think Crow mentioned that some forum dudes had said it still wasn't working. Figured i'd wait for Seb Loeb and Dirt anyway, see how they panned out.
    I must admit that wheel support has a large impact on how much I enjoy any driving game.

  6. Post
    #6
    DW wrote:
    I'm just going to wait for Dirt Rally, looks like early-April is still the release date.
    This too. The Sebastion Loeb demo was very underwhelming.

  7. Post
    #7
    Dirt Rally is a great game, just the right amount of tough + fun. But if you are a car collector or someone that wants lots of maps, it may not be for you as its pretty limited in it's stages and lots of popular cars are missing due to license issues.

    I will be having a go of the PC demo for SLRE in a couple of days, but i dont expect it to be the driving game that DR is.

  8. Post
    #8
    Dirt rally is just the best rally game ever made

  9. Post
    #9
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    So has there been much improvement to WRC5 since it's launch?
    a few minor bug fixes, a few wheel support updates, but that's about it. There is DLC available and the esports thing looks really interesting: http://www.wrcthegame.com/esports-wr...able-in-wrc-5/ but honestly the game is too generic feeling for me, the tracks feel so cookie-cutter simple, especially due to the track being so plain and flat.

    FJ: last I heard they fixed the g29 support good n proper. Quick googled showed one issue but quickly remedied: https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logit...5/td-p/1481784

    I had high hopes for SL but after playing the demo it just felt far too much like WRC5.

    Honestly? I'm having a god damn BLAST with The Crew: Wild Run. It's not a rally game but has an awesome offroad component. The dirt and raid cars, and even monster trucks, are great fun to buy, modify, level up etc. And given the map is open world there's no limit on where you can drive or create tracks. It's had a huge facelift since launch and really deserves re-reviews. It's no rally sim but the races are arcadey and fun if you need something to tide you over. Plus the co-op / faction / wild run stuff is great fun too.

  10. Post
    #10
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    I must admit that wheel support has a large impact on how much I enjoy any driving game.
    Yeah, i just can't get my head around using a controller .............

    Crow#Zero wrote:
    FJ: last I heard they fixed the g29 support good n proper. Quick googled showed one issue but quickly remedied: https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logit...5/td-p/1481784

    I had high hopes for SL but after playing the demo it just felt far too much like WRC5.

    Honestly? I'm having a god damn BLAST with The Crew: Wild Run. It's not a rally game but has an awesome offroad component. The dirt and raid cars, and even monster trucks, are great fun to buy, modify, level up etc. And given the map is open world there's no limit on where you can drive or create tracks. It's had a huge facelift since launch and really deserves re-reviews. It's no rally sim but the races are arcadey and fun if you need something to tide you over. Plus the co-op / faction / wild run stuff is great fun too.
    ........... which is why i'd go with WRC5 over The Crew; WRC5 is still stupidly expensive though (shame The Crew has no wheel support).

    Might try the SL demo, i think it supports the G29.

  11. Post
    #11
    I'm just going to wait for Dirt Rally, easily the best rally game atm. Looking forward to this year, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa & GT:Sports on my list so far for racing games + the DC updates.

  12. Post
    #12
    Haven't really looked at The Crew... tbh there's way too many games on my plate atm but I'll try and at least watch a few videos to see if it's worth checking out.

    Frederick James wrote:
    Yeah, i just can't get my head around using a controller .............

    Might try the SL demo, i think it supports the G29.
    My review for Seb Loeb rally will be up on Gameplanet tomorrow morning, and I'd say there will be reviews up from most of the other gaming publications as well.

  13. Post
    #13
    XSpike wrote:
    I'm just going to wait for Dirt Rally, easily the best rally game atm. Looking forward to this year, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa & GT:Sports on my list so far for racing games + the DC updates.
    Had AC on the PC for ages, only managed a few laps, I really need to get back into it. great game

  14. Post
    #14
    Not many reviews on SLRE just yet but this one explains the game pretty well


  15. Post
    #15
    YES

    DiRT Rally launched on Steam Early Access in April last year, before officially launching on Steam in December. It's coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on April 8.
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/930...ril-5th-launch

  16. Post
    #16
    I have Loeb and WRC5 demos, are we getting a Dirt demo?
    wish V-rally would come back, had a ton of fun racing with other cars on track back in the day.

  17. Post
    #17
    Knowing full well that Dirt isn't far away, and enjoying wrc5 again, for some stupid reason I pulled the trigger on SLER. The range of modes and campaigns look awesome. Still downloading, will post impressions later.

    Damn you psn impulse buys. Don't tell my wife lol ;_;

  18. Post
    #18
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Damn you psn impulse buys. Don't tell my wife lol ;_;
    Emailing her furiously as we speak bro

  19. Post
    #19
    Forgot how fun need 4 speed is Black Plauge, should do some races/team drifting bro ?

  20. Post
    #20
    SLER is pretty damn good (in comparison to wrc5, about the extent of my rally experience) . The demo does it zero justice. Love having the extra modes like rally cross and pikes peak.

    Some issues with physics where you hit a rock and literally fly for miles down the track.

    But the tracks themselves are so much more interesting than wrc5.

    There's also a career mode kind of like what I remember gran turismo being like, and a Sebastien Loeb career too.

  21. Post
    #21
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    SLER is pretty damn good (in comparison to wrc5, about the extent of my rally experience) . The demo does it zero justice. Love having the extra modes like rally cross and pikes peak.

    Some issues with physics where you hit a rock and literally fly for miles down the track.

    But the tracks themselves are so much more interesting than wrc5.

    There's also a career mode kind of like what I remember gran turismo being like, and a Sebastien Loeb career too.
    this coming from the guy that all of last night was raging like a mofo in party chat.

  22. Post
    #22
    Well yeah I did mention the flying, and something in the presentation didn't quite outline the objective very well.

  23. Post
    #23
    I really struggled with SLER for the first few hours until I finally dragged my wheel setup down to the lounge and stopped playing with a controller. And turned the assists off (that trac control was really hampering my style on the gravel).

    Was all great from there on out.

  24. Post
    #24
    DiRT on console looking sick.


  25. Post
    #25
    slipstream wrote:
    Forgot how fun need 4 speed is Black Plauge, should do some races/team drifting bro ?
    Hey man! I actually borrowed it off Chizzbo, got the Plat in a week and sent it back to him

    - - - Updated - - -

    ****, this or Doom....