Hot sauce

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    Just to gatecrash / hijack the thread while it's here...
    Mostly a decent sized wildfire plant with a crap-ton of flowers (already half a doz+ chilies growing ~3-4cm long so far) and a shit-ton of cheery tomatoes and Roma low acids on the way (six v.large Roma plants all loaded with green fruit)

Could anyone pretty please point me to / PM me a tried and true tomato / chili sauce recipe please?
    Prefer low/no vinegar but if that means it won't keep then I guess I'll have to go for it?
    I have had some Hoffmans 'not too hot sauce' which is vinegary but I'm sure they can't use malt by the taste.

I was hoping for a decent number of Hungarian Hot Wax chilies but the plant got busted in the wind the other day (after all that fricken growing time!) - also got a decent number of Anaheim's and Banana caps + two x bell caps coming through which is sweet

[Sorry if this has been covered before.. and yeah I have googled but most have vinegar - again the preserving / lasting thing?]

2. Post
    https://www.firedragonchillies.co.nz...chilli-sauce/#

This is all you need, they should rename suicide sauce

3. Post
    Deerism wrote:
    Could anyone pretty please point me to / PM me a tried and true tomato / chili sauce recipe please?
    Prefer low/no vinegar but if that means it won't keep then I guess I'll have to go for it?
    I have had some Hoffmans 'not too hot sauce' which is vinegary but I'm sure they can't use malt by the taste.
    idk about tomato and chili but Swampy might be able to give you some tips.

4. Post
    Tomato doesn't go good with Chilli for sauce?
    Hmm best I start googling a bunch more recipes then.. all of the (many) recipes I've looked at online are fairly different (unlike most of the time I look for cooking recipes)
    I guess that is what you get with condiments / sauces etc .. plenty of variety and many people liking many different things.

5. Post
    Deerism wrote:
    Tomato doesn't go good with Chilli for sauce?
    Not what I meant, he made a bunch of chili sauces and I don't think he used tomatoes in them.

6. Post
    Swampy's Blackberry Burn sauce is confirmed for 100% really ****ing delicious! Sweet to start and the heat gently edges it's way in!

7. Post
    Blue Vein CHEESE wrote:
    Swampy's Blackberry Burn sauce is confirmed for 100% really ****ing delicious! Sweet to start and the heat gently edges it's way in!
    Nice.Now get stuck into those Reapers

8. Post

9. Post
    That was excellent

10. Post
    Grolim wrote:
    I'm the opposite, I don't really like the vinegary taste. The Culleys no 1 is pretty good. Their range has expanded a bit more lately, I see they have a Sriracha and a reaper chipotle anyone tried those? They are next on my list.
    The Chipotle is fantastic.

11. Post
    GreenSleeves wrote:
    That was excellent
    What was excellent about it? Food should be enjoyed, not endured.

12. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    What was excellent about it? Food should be enjoyed, not endured.
    You cant enjoy those chillies.Just sayin

13. Post
    Swampy wrote:
    You cant enjoy those chillies.Just sayin
    Exactly. There seems to be a macho jock attitude amongst white European men towards eating the hottest peppers in existence to prove their manliness perhaps, I don't know. I don't get it.

14. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Exactly. There seems to be a macho jock attitude amongst white European men towards eating the hottest peppers in existence to prove their manliness perhaps, I don't know. I don't get it.
    racist guy,
    go sleep under a giant hat

15. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Why do you even bring race into this?There are plenty of non white men AND women doing this type of thing on youtube.Pull your head out.

16. Post
    I watched a video of an Indian woman consuming a bowl of some of the hottest peppers out. She was even doing it on a stage in front of a crowd. I don't think it's a European thing.

17. Post
    Q_J wrote:
    racist guy,
    go sleep under a giant hat
    Calls me racist
    Proceeds to be racist. I'll be sure to get my big hat back from your mum's house when I come over tonight

I'm just saying the clamour for the hottest chilis and hottest sauce is kind of bizarre because it's too hot to enjoy. All my salsas are tomatillos + jalapenos, occasionally I buy a habanero salsa but that's the upper limit of enjoyable hot sauce.

18. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Calls me racist
    Proceeds to be racist. I'll be sure to get my big hat back from your mum's house when I come over tonight

I'm just saying the clamour for the hottest chilis and hottest sauce is kind of bizarre because it's too hot to enjoy. All my salsas are tomatillos + jalapenos, occasionally I buy a habanero salsa but that's the upper limit of enjoyable hot sauce.
    I make superhot sauce from Carolina Reapers and other crazy chillies and sell out each time.Its far to0 hot for me but there is a group of crazy people(My wife included) who love it as hot as you can give them.People have been testing themselves against the hottest/fastest/most dangerous things for most of mankind.Its hardly anything new.

19. Post
    it's because the guy was wearing a hat backwards, immediately jump on the stereotype

20. Post
    Do any of you guys know any store which stock the Kaitaia fire feijoa hot sauce? I have been looking around and cant seem to find it any where.

21. Post
    When you introduce race/sex as a factor in a criticism of something, then said criticism becomes racist/sexist.

At last years chilli eating regional champs in chch (at the palms) there were plenty of women and not-evil-whities participating. In fact women even took out the first and third spots.

But speaking of white guys eating superhots..
    Swampy I chowed down on one of those reapers recently. I had mean chilli shits the day after, but the worst part was when the stomach burn+chilli high, you know that one that comes in waves? Yeah that happened while I was driving, hands started going numb/tingly etc, I had to pull over and wait a few minutes for it to pass. It's a little odd as I've eaten Jolokias before without anything like that. Who knows.

If that's what I'd potentially have to face in the chilli comp final rounds I think I'll just be on the sidelines for it, the reapers may be relegated to cooking!

22. Post
    I chucked a couple too many drops of Swampy's brew in my spaghetti on the weekend.. I would advise to not be a hero and play it safe

23. Post
    I've been pondering making some chilli sauce with kiwifruit and a small amount of fennel seeds instead of tomatoes - has anyone tried this before?

24. Post
    Blue Vein CHEESE wrote:
    I've been pondering making some chilli sauce with kiwifruit and a small amount of fennel seeds instead of tomatoes - has anyone tried this before?
    I honestly think tomatoes have No place in a good chillie sauce

25. Post
    At last years chilli eating regional champs in chch (at the palms) there were plenty of women and not-evil-whities participating. In fact women even took out the first and third spots.
    Competitive eating is not what I was talking about. Obviously the hottest chilis in existence are required for something like that. I'm talking about eating for pleasure.

But speaking of white guys eating superhots..
    Swampy I chowed down on one of those reapers recently. I had mean chilli shits the day after, but the worst part was when the stomach burn+chilli high, you know that one that comes in waves? Yeah that happened while I was driving, hands started going numb/tingly etc, I had to pull over and wait a few minutes for it to pass. It's a little odd as I've eaten Jolokias before without anything like that. Who knows.
    And this proves my point.