Hot sauce

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Hot sauce

Anyone know of a decent hot sauce that can be bought easily enough?

My partner cannot handle her hot food at all, so I usually tend to resort to a sauce that can be put on the food afterwards. Have been using a tobasco brand habanero sauce, while the heat is alrite, the taste is pretty gross, which is probably mostly to do with not getting added during the cooking stage.

2. Post
    Culleys do a great range of sauces, they're available from Countdown.

3. Post
    GP user Swampy does some excellent sauce.

4. Post
    The user on tm saucenation has a few , ive got acouple of the Blairs range , Ultra death and 3am sauce , also the Golden death, not overly tasty but if youre simply looking to add some spice they do the Job , otherwise http://chilemojo.com.au/ have a good selection

5. Post
    Culleys.

6. Post
    Sweet, cheers for the options, I'll look into culleys when we do the weekly shop tomorrow.

7. Post
    If she likes the heat flavour but not the actual heat, look no further than sriracha

8. Post
    Husband isn't keen on chilli.
    What I do is cook the meal - say Chilli Con Carne as a for instance, without any chilli, then dish his serve up. Then I add in chilli to the rest cook a minute or so longer and there's mine.

Alternatively, with adding sauce as you would tomato sauce, I highly recommend barkers - they do :

Nine Spice Barbecue Jerk Sauce
    Not so Sweet Chilli Sauce
    Really Useful Chipotle Sauce

Awesome stuff.

9. Post
    Kaitaia Fire for life

Name:  IMG_0424_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  219.8 KB

god damn its good shit

not quite as hot as tabasco but its fully delish

10. Post
    the kiwifruit Kaitaia Fire is premium, if you can find some

11. Post
    Havent seen that in shops for many years. Thought it had been discontinued?

12. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Havent seen that in shops for many years. Thought it had been discontinued?
    Probably didn't sell that well in the supermarkets, but it's definitely still made.

13. Post
    What. wrote:
    Kaitaia Fire for life

Name:  IMG_0424_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  219.8 KB

god damn its good shit

not quite as hot as tabasco but its fully delish
    i think its a little hotter than tabasco, yummier aswel

14. Post
    Culleys would be the go-to, they have a reasonable range.

On that note, does anybody know where in Christchurch I could get the Melinda's hotsauce range? I used to get them from AFW but that's been gone four years and doesn't look to be coming back any time soon. I know I can get them online, I want to find a local supplier if possible.

15. Post
    Culleys Trinidad Scorpion is excellent. Nice and hot with a very good flavour. Superior to Kaitaia Fire.

16. Post
    Blue Vein CHEESE wrote:
    Culleys would be the go-to, they have a reasonable range.

On that note, does anybody know where in Christchurch I could get the Melinda's hotsauce range? I used to get them from AFW but that's been gone four years and doesn't look to be coming back any time soon. I know I can get them online, I want to find a local supplier if possible.
    http://www.belizemagazine.com/editio...5questions.htm

Ditch Melinda's, support the underdog.

17. Post
    I still have a few each of my sauce left if you are keen.Its extremely hot though.

18. Post
    How much are you selling reapers for?

19. Post
    Blue Vein CHEESE wrote:
    How much are you selling reapers for?
    $10 for 10 grams dried.

20. Post
    PM'd

21. Post
    Just found out Culleys make their own Buffalo sauce. Hnnnnng.

22. Post
    got the culleys no.1 with shopping today instead of kaitaia fire, tastes nice but i like the vinegary taste of kaitaia

23. Post
    Q_J wrote:
    got the culleys no.1 with shopping today instead of kaitaia fire, tastes nice but i like the vinegary taste of kaitaia
    I'm the opposite, I don't really like the vinegary taste. The Culleys no 1 is pretty good. Their range has expanded a bit more lately, I see they have a Sriracha and a reaper chipotle anyone tried those? They are next on my list.

24. Post
    heading out to the HQ in a couple of weeks to try some of the ones the supermarkets don't stock