Hot sauce

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

1. Post
    Damn I wish I saw that Last Dab auction on Trademe. I would've bought it. I paid $75 for my bottle from Culleys.

Here's what I ordered from The Heatonist. The Aardvark sauce is a real instant kinda heat and very sweet. Fiery Chipotle isn't as hot or sweet as I expected, and the carrot flavour is really nice. Los Calientes reminds me of indian curry and jamaican jerk - I prefer it with beef.

Name:  IMG_20190103_135714.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  1,010.9 KB

2. Post
    Last year I imported a bottle of that skull bottle hot sauce from the UK. It was rated pretty highly by chilli enthusiasts but it sucked. Maybe I got a bad batch but I doubt it.

3. Post
    JoeSkie wrote:
    Damn I wish I saw that Last Dab auction on Trademe. I would've bought it. I paid $75 for my bottle from Culleys.

Here's what I ordered from The Heatonist. The Aardvark sauce is a real instant kinda heat and very sweet. Fiery Chipotle isn't as hot or sweet as I expected, and the carrot flavour is really nice. Los Calientes reminds me of indian curry and jamaican jerk - I prefer it with beef.

Name:  IMG_20190103_135714.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  1,010.9 KB
    Yeah I wonder what that Last Dab went for considering his reserve was $50.

4. Post
    no "da bomb"

im still on the same bottle i was years ago, a little goes a long way

5. Post
    A buddy of mine just bought some of that Aardvark stuff back from the US. He reckons you can buy it at Tesco over there. It is a really nice sauce and I don't know why it isn't more popular/well known!

6. Post
    Osiry wrote:
    A buddy of mine just bought some of that Aardvark stuff back from the US. He reckons you can buy it at Tesco over there. It is a really nice sauce and I don't know why it isn't more popular/well known!
    Costco?

Tesco's in the UK bro

7. Post
    I know this isn't a hot sauce question in the first instance directly, however, I am about to undertake a big USA Style Chilli with a BBQ/Smoked Bolar Roast and lots of mince. I'd like to get a variety of Chilli "flavours" without building up a huge amount of heat, because my wife and kids aren't really into spicy food and my tolerance is more along the lines of medium or slightly less. I don't like feeling like my food is trying to kill me, and that the heat is overwhemling the flavour.

Would anyone with experience be able to recommend a combination or some general advice on how I can achieve that?

I do have in the cupboard:

ancho chilli powder
    dried chipotles
    chipolte powder
    I have uncooked/undied frozen Green and Red medium to large sized chillis in my freezer and could potentially grab some other varieties of fresh ones from the supermarket or farro.. I also have some culleys sauces of different types in the cupboard.

I know to some degree it's a case of how long is a peice of string, however, I feel there must be some guidelines worth following...

Types of chillis to avoid together, or in some food types etc...

8. Post

9. Post
    Oh damn! Wonder what it costs to import some, been curious to try some, never gets much of a reaction from people on Hot ones

10. Post
    Recently got this for some fun at an upcoming stag do:

https://www.saucenation.co.nz/gift-b...challenge-pack

Should be a bit of fun. I've heard mixed things about the original recipe 'The Last Dab'. Anyone tried it?

11. Post
    Made my own reaper sauce with reapers I grew.

I don't know what I was thinking.

12. Post
    I've found if you add a decent amount of more mild peppers it balances the burn out, seems to take the real long burn out of the Reapers, packs a punch but do not hang around so long

13. Post
    Soldier_Five wrote:
    I've found if you add a decent amount of more mild peppers it balances the burn out, seems to take the real long burn out of the Reapers, packs a punch but do not hang around so long
    I did exactly that. Perhaps ghost chilies weren't mild enough, haha.

I've got some scotch bonnets and jalapenos I grew. When I have time I'm going to turn them into sauce.

14. Post
    Haha yeah, I mean compared to reapers, sure, I've used cayenne peppers ro bring balance

15. Post
    Oh, I have some of those I've picked too. A few bird's eyes as well.

16. Post
    Subway now has a Habanero Hot Sauce, it's pretty decent.