1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Although lack of a SP campaign really wasn't an issue for me with the first title it certainly had a decent basis for one, so this is very neat

Though have these TV show tie-ins actually worked for many games? I really enjoyed the Nightfall ones for Halo but that already had a huge amount of content outside of the games available to garner interest.

3. Post
    Titanfall 2 is going to be epic. Only played maybe 30 minutes on titanfall but the mechanics were very solid. The ai are complete turds so i hope they removed them from multiplayer

4. Post
    Alright, now you have my attention.

5. Post
    A decent SP campaign means I will actually likely buy this game. Titanfall was one game that I never purchased purely because it was MP only.

6. Post
    iludez wrote:
    Titanfall 2 is going to be epic. Only played maybe 30 minutes on titanfall but the mechanics were very solid. The ai are complete turds so i hope they removed them from multiplayer
    I'm not sure what they were thinking tbh, there's too many AI to process any complex behaviour so they have to be stupid, and there's no point having them if they're that stupid.

7. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    I'm not sure what they were thinking tbh, there's too many AI to process any complex behaviour so they have to be stupid, and there's no point having them if they're that stupid.
    Exactly. They were beyond stupid you could just stand there and not get hit. Pretty pointless having them. Hope they either fix them or remove them completely

8. Post
    Keen for a proper story-driven campaign! The "radioplay over MP matches" campaign in the first game was a complete joke.
    iludez wrote:
    Exactly. They were beyond stupid you could just stand there and not get hit. Pretty pointless having them. Hope they either fix them or remove them completely
    Did you not get the purpose of the AI? They're like creeps in MOBAs, purely fodder that you farm to order to decrease the Titan spawning cooldown.

9. Post
    ^I liked having the AI cannon fodder, something to shoot while you're running around looking for other players to kill.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Keen for a proper story-driven campaign! The "radioplay over MP matches" campaign in the first game was a complete joke.

Did you not get the purpose of the AI? They're like creeps in MOBAs, purely fodder that you farm to order to decrease the Titan spawning cooldown.
    I got it they just sucked

11. Post
    iludez wrote:
    Not sure how they'd fix it though which is what made the concept stupid in the first place - something has to process that significant amount of AI and it can't really shouldn't be the client (that would take stupidity to an entirely new level), and that leaves the server or a second server attached to each server with a solid CPU for processing it which is going to raise costs and I can't see their publisher letting that happen.

12. Post
    Titanfall 2, or whatever it ends up being titled, will launch sometime "sometime late this year or early next," and will be "widely available, I believe on all platforms."
    Hopefully "all platforms" doesn't refer to the last generation...

13. Post
    ChimeraNZ wrote:
    Hopefully "all platforms" doesn't refer to the last generation...
    It's probably just a significantly updated Titanfall anyway, so it'll support what Titanfall supported. Can't imagine they'll make a new game altogether - but it will be priced as if they did.