Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 27

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    finished it last night... still not entirely sure how i feel about it, but the one thing i AM sure about, is that its a clever game... very clever, in how it tells its story.

  3. Post
    #3
    Not at all surprised that Andrew Todd is into pretentious indie non-games like this.

    Spoiler:


    It would be like walking through the entirety of Portal without puzzles while some chick talks to you during the process. Calling this a game is a real stretch.
    Last edited by Cloaker; 13th February 2016 at 10:05 am.

  4. Post
    #4
    Krichul wrote:
    Not at all surprised that Andrew Todd is into pretentious indie non-games like this.

    Spoiler:


    It would be like walking through the entirety of Portal without puzzles while some chick talks to you during the process. Calling this a game is a real stretch.
    Spoilers bruh. I personally have not vested interest in the game, but someone might.
    Last edited by Cloaker; 13th February 2016 at 10:06 am. Reason: Quoting a spoiler is just as bad, no?

  5. Post
    #5
    Krichul wrote:
    Not at all surprised that Andrew Todd is into pretentious indie non-games like this.

    There's nothing in this game that warrants a near-perfect score.
    Spoiler:
    That's the whole game.

    It would be like walking through the entirety of Portal without puzzles while some chick talks to you during the process. Calling this a game is a real stretch.
    Did it occur to you that people might not want to have "the whole game" spoiled by some ****ing muppet on the forums?

  6. Post
    #6
    exis wrote:
    Did it occur to you that people might not want to have "the whole game" spoiled by some ****ing muppet on the forums?
    yea that was a dick move. can mods spoiler Krichul's post please. Hopefully ill forget what I just read before I get the game.

  7. Post
    #7
    Valeyard wrote:
    yea that was a dick move. can mods spoiler Krichul's post please. Hopefully ill forget what I just read before I get the game.
    Edited his post, props to exis for editing his quote of Krichul, unlike Black Plague.

  8. Post
    #8
    Cloaker wrote:
    Edited his post, props to exis for editing his quote of Krichul, unlike Black Plague.
    Yeah, sorry bro, didn't really think about it to be honest

  9. Post
    #9
    Great review, gives me a good idea what the game is like without spoiling it. Will almost certainly pick this up at some stage.

  10. Post
    #10
    Its a 3D version of Emily is Away, imo.

  11. Post
    #11
    Krichul wrote:
    Not at all surprised that Andrew Todd is into pretentious indie non-games like this.
    Question: why are you so apparently fired up about what people deem a game or not? I've never understood the whole, vehement "IT ISN'T A GAME!" thing / argument. If you're not into these types of games, or interactive stories, or whatever you wanna call them, cool - why not ignore them and let other people that *do* enjoy them get on with enjoying and recommending them?

  12. Post
    #12
    CardinalNZ wrote:
    Question: why are you so apparently fired up about what people deem a game or not? I've never understood the whole, vehement "IT ISN'T A GAME!" thing / argument. If you're not into these types of games, or interactive stories, or whatever you wanna call them, cool - why not ignore them and let other people that *do* enjoy them get on with enjoying and recommending them?
    Because he needs the world to recognise his towering intellect, obviously. It must be a real burden being so advanced and so misunderstood.

    As for the spoilers, ugh. Any mod reading this: feel free to give him a forum holiday.

  13. Post
    #13
    This game reminds me of SOMA, the non-physical relationship between 2 people and how it reacts, escalates, interacts and so on.

    But in its core, it's really a relationship simulator with some rudimentary gameplay mechanics thrown in.

    The story was definitely heavy, especially if you are having relationship problems or yet to experience one. Voice acting was right on par with amazing attention to detail on each line and felt like a romance novel at times.

    Actual gameplay was simple and fairly elegant, the compass/navigation was a bit disorienting and it's a REAL shame that you are able to save the game during conversation so you can essentially rewind time like Life is Strange.

    Not going to spoil anything, but the story does take a rather unexpected turn and leave you with a lot of questions about what went on during the game.
    Last edited by gathixpower; 14th February 2016 at 4:43 pm.

  14. Post
    #14
    Loved it, gut punches from the intro to credits and lived up to my expectations (which were high) based on what I had seen for it so far.

  15. Post
    #15
    Matt M wrote:
    Because he needs the world to recognise his towering intellect, obviously. It must be a real burden being so advanced and so misunderstood.

    As for the spoilers, ugh. Any mod reading this: feel free to give him a forum holiday.
    Ehehehe Krichul and "towering intellect"

  16. Post
    #16
    Krichul wrote:
    Not at all surprised that Andrew Todd is into pretentious indie non-games like this.
    It would be like walking through the entirety of Portal without puzzles while some chick talks to you during the process. Calling this a game is a real stretch.
    Why are you so worked up by a high score for a title that does not fit your idea of what makes a good game? Why does another persons opinion of it seem to cause you so much distress?
    Surely any reasonable person would embrace the breadth of games on offer currently. Having more options is a great thing, and why indie gaming is not only important, but why it's so popular.
    I understand why you don't like this sub-genre, but that doesn't make you the better person, and it certainly does not make someone who does enjoy it some how inferior, or worthy of scorn.

    Please express your opinions and make your arguments, but your opening remark undermines anything and everything you say afterwards.

  17. Post
    #17
    So my verdict pretty much lies with andrew on this. What a fantastic little game. The voice acting for me was so natural and was pretty funny too. Will be cool to see what these guys do next. Hopefully it is a bit longer

  18. Post
    #18
    CardinalNZ wrote:
    Question: why are you so apparently fired up about what people deem a game or not? I've never understood the whole, vehement "IT ISN'T A GAME!" thing / argument. If you're not into these types of games, or interactive stories, or whatever you wanna call them, cool - why not ignore them and let other people that *do* enjoy them get on with enjoying and recommending them?
    Because I spent money on the game and I am in a justified position to speak about my purchase?

    If we consider it a game, it's a game in first person of which the player is expected to walk around looking at objects while some girl talks to you over the walkie-talkie for 3-4 hours. It has a vague, dump-the-player-into-the-picture premise, a leave-it-up-to-the-interpretation-of-the-player story, and the plot which doesn't actually go anywhere. It doesn't even have the fundamentals of the "premise, explanation, resolution" of most movies. It has a bunch of silly metaphors of escapism vs. reality, which are neat, and I feel like I'm giving it far too much credit than it deserves, because such cheese wouldn't even sell in a local bookstore but hey, people will try to make as much as they want out of what little they have received.

    Just like The Witness, a game which is just a bunch of puzzles strewn throughout a huge island of nothing, it's pretentious western indie noise catered towards the casual non-gamers who want to "experience" what their friends are talking about. It requires no skill to play and the writing is so badly vague that you're continuously left in the dark. The people praising the game are bandwagoning the hell out of it for the time being, but that will fade away soon enough.

    I don't even think it's possible to get lost, considering it's constantly holding your hand through everything and it's just that linear. It feels more like you're playing through a real game's DLC sidestory. Opinions on this interactive moviegame are torn, it's really a love or hate scenario. I, for one, prefer games that I would play more than once.

    If you really don't believe me on the length or writing aspects, feel free to check out the Steam reviews, the users and their playtime, which is roughly 3-4 hours long. You might be able to squeeze out 6-7 and you're inept and don't want it to end.

  19. Post
    #19
    Krichul wrote:
    Only games I like can be considered real games! Everyone the disagrees is just lying or jumping on the band wagon because I am obviously objectively correct.

    That's exactly what your post reads like.

  20. Post
    #20
    Replies to the thread without apologising for the major spoilers.. what-a-knob

  21. Post
    #21
    So the people that enjoy the game are just bandwagoning? Did you ever consider that people like games that you don't?

  22. Post
    #22
    Krichul wrote:
    Because I spent money on the game and I am in a justified position to speak about my purchase?
    Maybe you just need to be more discerning about what you spend your money on? It seemed pretty obvious from the trailers what this game was going to be like, so maybe just avoid indie FPX games?

    I mean, I don't like horror games, so I'm hardly going to buy one, spend my time playing it and then complain that it is full of jump scares.

    And seriously, you really do need to apologise for the spoiler, that was a serious dick move. I can understand not doing it intentionally because you were mid-vent, but own it and apologise for it.

  23. Post
    #23
    Would be a miracle if he apologized.

  24. Post
    #24
    MockStar wrote:
    And seriously, you really do need to apologise for the spoiler, that was a serious dick move. I can understand not doing it intentionally because you were mid-vent, but own it and apologise for it.
    His initial post was just a single sentence (I saw it just before I went to bed). The spoilers and everything else were edited in after the fact, so it was completely intentional.

  25. Post
    #25
    Matt M wrote:
    Because he needs the world to recognise his towering intellect, obviously. It must be a real burden being so advanced and so misunderstood.
    negative or blunt reviews are just as interesting as glowing ones written by staff members. Just because most of the posters here were deeply upset by his rant, some of us found it interesting. I'm not talking about the spoiler shit though