Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

1. Post
    LOL They really are devoid of new ideas in the movie industry nowadays aren't they, just take well established characters and change their sex, race or both and try to present it as something new (trying to cash in on the brand recognition), instead of creating new IP.

2. Post
    wtf, the character is still the same. She isn't James Bond, James Bond is still Daniel Craig and the movie is still about him

There's no announced separate film with this new 007, and even if there were, it wouldn't be James Bond, it'd be something else.

Why does everyone rush to get upset about shit without thinking about it first?

3. Post
    The novels were retconned to make Bond Scottish after Sean Connery was cast in the role.

4. Post
    They really should retire JB and make a new 00X with the new person. Mish-mashing confuses the audience expecting a far more simple thematic experience. Plus scrubbing out the old allows for a cleaner narrative direction for the new.

5. Post
    Reserve judgement till the trailer/movie drops.

6. Post
    So, is the character still called James Bond? I mean hey I'm not judging we live in 2019 afterall

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    So, is the character still called James Bond? I mean hey I'm not judging we live in 2019 afterall
    You didn't read the article you quoted?

Cute.

New chick is the new 007. James Bond is gonna be James Bond.

8. Post
    no, she is the new 007 . The Kingsman franchise is a good example, they just created a new brand from just a 1-2 decent movies and poof there you go, you can if willing , create a new super spy series without treading on the old one.

9. Post
    I don't get it. I thought James Bond WAS 007?

10. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    I don't get it. I thought James Bond WAS 007?

007 is just a license to kill mang.

11. Post
    each of the special M16 agents has a designation, JB is currently 007 , Sean Bean character in GoldenEye was 009. It is written that there has been 007 before JB . Several of the 00s have been retired as well tho the reason is not given.

12. Post
    Haisley wrote:

007 is just a license to kill mang.
    Bloody wrote:
    each of the special M16 agents has a designation, JB is currently 007 , Sean Bean character in GoldenEye was 009. It is written that there has been 007 before JB . Several of the 00s have been retired as well tho the reason is not given.
    Cool thx. I forgot the 00 thing was just a designation & wasn't exclusive to a particular agent. Obviously I'm very hazy on the whole JB lore. I haven't even seen Spectre lol.

13. Post