Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Loved it. Comedy of the year!

2. Post
    zippy wrote:
    Loved it. Comedy of the year!
    Agreed! I'm a bit over superhero movies always being the same.. this was refreshing to watch.. not to mention laugh at plenty of times.

3. Post
    That...was disappointing.

It was always going to have to work harder to provide the same laughs as the first as I knew what was coming this time going into it - but the worst critique I can give is that it was almost instantly forgettable as soon as I walked out of the theatre.

It didn't hit any of the marks it went for. The only thing that was better than the first was Baby Groot, who was easily the highlight. Most jokes fell flat. The action wasn't great. Any tension was undercut by predictable, unfunny jokes.

It's not that it was a bad movie; it just wasn't anywhere near the first.

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed after been so hyped from a first installment before. Maybe the second Matrix?

4. Post
    Way too many failed attempts at humor in this film, it actually ruined it for me.. like a couple things were funny ... but "I squeeze out massive turds" and dick/boner jokes were weak. Movie was OK, certainly not as good as the first one. And where tf is my boy Nova

5. Post
    rez wrote:
    Way too many failed attempts at humor in this film, it actually ruined it for me.. like a couple things were funny ... but "I squeeze out massive turds" and dick/boner jokes were weak. Movie was OK, certainly not as good as the first one. And where tf is my boy Nova
    Yeah, agree. Actually made me think 'was the first one as funny as I remember?' - though I have re-watched it and it held up. I just found that the jokes were really, really lazy in this.

Some were good - basically all of the ones involving Baby Groot - but apart from that .... eh. I don't think Chris Pratt being basically ****ing everywhere playing the exact same character since the first GoTG has helped either; but as that's separate from the movie it's not really a criticism of it.

6. Post
    Loved it.

Was an absolute hot mess though.

Same feeling i got as Suicide Squad. Loved the characters but rest was a bit off.

Like as said before they tried to shoehorn way too many dud jokes in.

I didnt really enjoy baby groot as much as everyone else seems too. Im all about that Yondu he was execllent and my highlight.

7. Post
    Geez the complaints in here make it sound like it's worse than Iron Man 2!

I enjoyed it, it wasn't flawless but it certainly was towards the upper level of MCU still.

James Gunn, mixed bag of jokes aside, gets outsider characters like no one else in the MCU. And say what you will about it, the film has one of the strongest 3rd acts in any MCU film so far - most of them, even the first Guardians, fall off usually in the final act as they often force themselves to conclusions with weak bad guys. This is the first I can think of which built to it's conclusion quite reasonably.

8. Post
    Yeah that 3rd act sacrifice produced audible sobbing in my very full showing. Drax and Baby Groot stole the show, Yondu and Rocket brought the tears. An awesome second outing.

9. Post
    I thought it was pretty average & this is from someone who loves the first one & regards it as the best Marvel film. Drax was my highlight as most of his jokes were actually funny. The plot was all over the place & most of the action scenes were a bit stupid. It also got pretty boring in the middle part where it was just Starlord & his dad babbling on. Baby Groot was cool but got sick of all the kids and chicks going "aww hes so cute" everytime he was on screen lol. Yondu was cool too but didnt really feel anything when he died. Overall I'd give it 5/10.

10. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Yeah that 3rd act sacrifice produced audible sobbing in my very full showing. Drax and Baby Groot stole the show, Yondu and Rocket brought the tears. An awesome second outing.
    Totally agree with everything said above. 5 post credit scenes too.

11. Post
    Was a complete mess of a film. But I enjoyed it. Fun movie. The plot was a pile of shit but the characters carried the film. Drax is awesome.

Spoiler:

12. Post
    Drax was funny but also the thing that ruined it the most for me, from the very first trailers he had too many jokes and was way too over the top with them. He would have been better if he had 1/4 of the jokes he had and wasn't so over the top with his laugh.

13. Post
    good fun pop corn movie. They do not take themselves that seriously .

14. Post
    Decent sequel to an amazing first film. Not better but still very good. The development of each character really impressed me. The director has done fantastic work in introducing the guardians and making you care about them. Their inclusion in Infinity War will feel earned now. Which is what Marvel has been so good at. DC could learn a thing or two.

Also, I don't think any of the humour fell flat tbh.

15. Post
    Thought it was good but not great. Nebula and Yondu were the stars for me as both nailed their scenes.

Got tired of baby Groot after a few scenes, but that intro was master class.

Agree with Valeo that it was a bit forgettable, saw it this evening and can only really remember the beginning and end.

16. Post
    Spoiler:

17. Post
    steveNtake wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

18. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

19. Post
    steveNtake wrote:
    Spoiler:
    She looked scared for 95% of her screen time :P

20. Post
    Never got through the first film, but give this film a 3/5.

21. Post
    Loved it. Not quite on the level of the first, but still ****ing awesome. Big smile on my face, lots of laughs and a great ride to go on.

22. Post
    Lots of Laughs, great entertaining movie.

23. Post
    Saw it last night.
    Enjoyed it more than the first one
    Felt more invested in the characters as they developed.

Spoiler:

24. Post
    Plot was a horrendous recycled sci-fi trope fest. Jokes weren't bad. 7/10

25. Post
    Found it pretty average to be honest and that final fight was just a poor rip off of Superman vs Zod. Loved Vol 1 but that fell flat.