Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

PS4 - audio solutions needed

I've got a problem, PS4 only has HDMI (and toslink out) and I need to split the AV feed off into digital video and analogue video for my set-up. For my PS3 I use a HDMI->DVI-D converter to hook it to my monitor and then the multi AV out for my audio, connecting it my old Aiwa stereo. Do I really have to buy an entirely sound system with optical input just to play this one f*cking console?

2. Post
    Plug headphones into the 3.5mm jack master race

OR get a DAC for the optical port and then your headphones into that

3. Post
    How old is the stereo? Is there no optical connection?

4. Post
    Buy another converter?

5. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    How old is the stereo? Is there no optical connection?
    It's from around 1996. It's got toslink out, but not in.

6. Post
    One solution could be to use the 3.5mm headphone jack on the PS4 controller and run the cable to your speakers near your TV (instead of to your headphones).

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    It's from around 1996. It's got toslink out, but not in.
    Jesus 1996? Your meshing 2013 tech with antiques man time to upgrade i say

8. Post
    This will probably do the trick, thanks. I'll update the thread once I've got the product.

9. Post
    Should be all good - it's what I use, via an optical switch which all my stuff is plugged into, then into a headphone amp

There's this too, which would at least be local: http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=...RCA-Converter-

10. Post
    I faced a similarish type problem when I got my PS4, I ended up biting the bullet and getting a pair of Astro A50s - it's probably the best gaming decision I've made since ever. It's a bit of an investment, but they are brilliant headphones and well worth the $$$ if you ask me. Beefy sound, 7.1 (digital) and good battery life.

The Skorky digital converter is also a good option, but seriously, best PS4 decision I've ever made, and MA usually have them cheap-ish

11. Post
    (don't get Astro A50s)

And Eva's already got good headphones coming, anyway, so I don't think he needs to be told that

12. Post
    I was playing Killzone through the 3.5mm jack on the DS4 before. It worked pretty well.
    Skorky wrote:
    (don't get Astro A50s)

And Eva's already got good headphones coming, anyway, so I don't think he needs to be told that
    I'm using an Icemat Siberia gaming headset!!!!111 Yeah nah, I've had the AKG Q701s since last week and they're fantastic.

13. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    (don't get Astro A50s)

Hey, what you mean don't get them lol, they are amazing!
    Oh yeah, I just remembered Eva's got them AKGs on the way: anyway, I stand by my trusty A50s, they are beast!

Sound devices is literally what causes 9/10 of my cord tangle problems in my gaming room.... it can be a real headache sometimes (first world problem, at it's finest).

14. Post
    Eh, having tried the A40s the best thing about them is the interface options - the mixamp is very cool for a console setup, even if it's poorly made (commonly introduces hiss unless you have the volume real low) and the headphones themselves aren't all that great. I can see why one would want wireless depending on their setup, and they're probably the best wireless ones available for consoles... but once you try some proper serious business headphones you'll see what I mean

15. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Eh, having tried the A40s the best thing about them is the interface options - the mixamp is very cool for a console setup, even if it's poorly made (commonly introduces hiss unless you have the volume real low) and the headphones themselves aren't all that great. I can see why one would want wireless depending on their setup, and they're probably the best wireless ones available for consoles... but once you try some proper serious business headphones you'll see what I mean
    Oh yeah for sure, I agree 100% on the serious business headphones, and I'm a bit of an audiophile by trade....so it doesn't make any sense that I am recommending A50s since AKGs/Sens are far better audio wise, but for sheer ease of use, they are great for a console heady.

TL;DR: I'm lazy and use sub standard headphones for gaming, even though I know that far better ones exist, but I'm fanatical about being wireless on everything (lulz) haha.

16. Post
    well don't let me catch you recommending your heathen-phones ever again

17. Post

I peddle or sorts of heathen lifestyle aids on these forums, only an act of god could stop me now!

18. Post
    It also doesn't support audio over bluetooth natively but my logitech z600 work when its usb dongle is plugged it. Waiting to receive some bluetooth dongles so i can test out if wireless bluetooth headset works as well.

And yes i already have Hd558's but i hate being wired.

19. Post

20. Post
    I just want to report that the FiiO DAC works a treat. Big thanks to Skorky!

21. Post

22. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I think you mean "downgrade". Most of the audio stuff that I have had from the 80s and 90s has better build quality than that of today.

23. Post
    I was just doing abit of tongue and cheek don't read into it at all.

24. Post
    ludez wrote:
    This lmao. Stop being cheap and get a decent receiver.