GP boasts their YOLO upgrades

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4100

1. Post
    YOLO'd a Tp-Link AX11000 - set it up all good but realised that my wifi speeds hover around 40-50mbps at the end of the house, plugged in to powerline adapter and through ethernet gives me max 70mpbs, standing next to the router I get about 600-700 over ethernet and 200-300+ on WiFi. House is max 120sqm so don't know what's happenening here.

2. Post
    2.4ghz or 5ghz? What are your walls made of? Single or double level? How old is the house and when was the wiring last done?

3. Post
    That speed reeks of N spec wifi. Need to activate and setup the AC in the setup.

4. Post
    Wouldn't hurt to use a wifi analysis app on your phone to see how many of your neighbours are sharing the channel you're on with you. My wifi speeds tripled just by changing to a less populated one.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    2.4ghz or 5ghz? What are your walls made of? Single or double level? How old is the house and when was the wiring last done?
    It has smart connect so it will use the best one there is. Walls are gib. Single level. 1950's house.

Konev wrote:
    That speed reeks of N spec wifi. Need to activate and setup the AC in the setup.
    How do you mean by this? Isn't it supposed to automatically be set up? Model is an AX11000, tried to fiddle around with the settings but don't see what you mean. I followed all the instructions on PB to set it up with Orcon.

hackdragon wrote:
    Wouldn't hurt to use a wifi analysis app on your phone to see how many of your neighbours are sharing the channel you're on with you. My wifi speeds tripled just by changing to a less populated one.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Yep will try to do this. I tried this before but didn't make much of a difference. Will try again later.

6. Post
    Nothing unusual there Vic, WiFi turns to shit over distances, particularly 5ghz (this includes 802.11ac). Add a few walls, a weak client radio, interference from neighbors/other devices and 50M isn't so bad

7. Post
    I would say the distance between the room is around 35-40 meters if using a cable.

If its a direct signal I would say it goes through 3-4 walls. I manage to get 150mbps so far through WiFi, tried gaming on it and the ping spikes (as would be expected with WiFi). Have been using my powerline adapter so far to game and WiFi for everything else.

8. Post
    Not a true yolo but just ordered the Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC from CL ($899).

not sure how im going to explain to my partner that we gotta drop by CL after work

was seriously considering going for the 2080ti but my judgement and wallet got the better of me.

who knows, i might finally do a real yolo when next series cards come out..............

9. Post
    anyone want to YOLO a 8TB with 15,000MB/s read/write speed SSD?

https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/sho...n4-aic-ssd-8tb

10. Post
    I can't even fill half of my 1Tb

11. Post
    Was in the market for some new PC speakers, decided to yolo some klipsch 160m's instead. This is sitting behind my PC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191105_151014.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	227644

Name:	20191105_151024.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	227645

12. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Was in the market for some new PC speakers, decided to yolo some klipsch 160m's instead. This is sitting behind my PC.

Yum!

13. Post
    Sverin wrote:

Nice, Im hoping to get into some decent audio some time next year, what does something like that cost?
    I'm currently running a JBL 5.1 with an onkyo av receiver which is fine for movies and tv but is lacking a little in quality for music.

14. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    Nice, Im hoping to get into some decent audio some time next year, what does something like that cost?
    I'm currently running a JBL 5.1 with an onkyo av receiver which is fine for movies and tv but is lacking a little in quality for music.

Im doing similar (Onkyo with Wharfdale speakers), how do you handle having seperate volume controls? My wife gets pissed off that we either ahve to use two remotes or use the harmony remote which is so goddamn laggy.

15. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    On special atm: https://paulmoney.co.nz/product/klip...helf-speakers/

Klipsch speakers in cherry color are incredible, one day I hope to replace all speakers in my house with cherry colored Klipsch models.

16. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    Im doing similar (Onkyo with Wharfdale speakers), how do you handle having seperate volume controls? My wife gets pissed off that we either ahve to use two remotes or use the harmony remote which is so goddamn laggy.
    My setup the Onkyo remote will do all tv controls including off and on, selecting "game" output on the remote will also turn my ps4 on. Use the ARC output on the TV etc, makes it really easy to use.

17. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    On special atm: https://paulmoney.co.nz/product/klip...helf-speakers/

Klipsch speakers in cherry color are incredible, one day I hope to replace all speakers in my house with cherry colored Klipsch models.
    I got mine from paul money and picked up the last pair in cherry.

18. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    what does something like that cost?
    You can spend thousands or go cheap. Just remember audio gear will last you years if looked after so spending the extra money is always worth it.

19. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    You can spend thousands or go cheap. Just remember audio gear will last you years if looked after so spending the extra money is always worth it.
    Unless you put it under the house like my dad, all of the cones on his huge expensive kit rotted.

20. Post
    Ballistica wrote:
    Unless you put it under the house like my dad, all of the cones on his huge expensive kit rotted.
    Yeah i wouldn't be to keen putting things in walls or under the house, Speaker cable doesn't last forever and replacing it turns into a massive job.

21. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    3-5k would probably be my range.

22. Post
    Easiest way is to visit a decent hifi shop and get them to demo you some gear. I went with QAcoustics for my lounge, great value for money for the quality of sound you get. More expensive doesn't always equal better sound.

Sverin wrote:
    Yeah i wouldn't be to keen putting things in walls or under the house, Speaker cable doesn't last forever and replacing it turns into a massive job.
    Lol what? Speaker cable will last close enough to forever for it to not be an issue.

23. Post
    yeah a / b testing stuff with a piece of music you know if possible is probably a good idea.

I have seen sometimes speaker cable get a tarnished look about it after sometime near the coast ( I assume it was salt in the air or water got to it) but assuming you get adequately sized cable that is slightly better then bargain basement (which isn't expose to salt or water) I doubt you would have any problems.

24. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Lol what? Speaker cable will last close enough to forever for it to not be an issue.
    Ah not always, If its cheap stuff it can oxidize and turn to shit after a few years. What i meant was if you're going to be building into walls etc, invest in decent cable.

25. Post
    Old laptop shat itself, so got a new one.

https://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/prod182266.html

Was tempted to get a 2080 one at pbtech for $4100 but will save that yolo next year for a pc.

Told the Mrs was only gonna get a cheapie for Internet and shit. Yolo

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk