GP boasts their YOLO upgrades

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4030

1. Post
    Taichi has always seemed to be highly rated from what I have seen.

2. Post
    Just FYI, the Taichi x570 may have a design flaw

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...pset_overheat/

The x570 Taichi's chipset fan intake is perfectly parallel with the first pci express port on the Mobo. If you put anything but a blower style cooler in the first slot, the GPU will directly feed the chipset warm enough air that at idle the chipset gets to 70-75c at max speed (6300 rpm). This temp will only go up with graphical loads of any type. Once my GPU hits 60c my entire system will shut down due to the chipset hitting 80c.
    So unless you have a blower gpu like the stock 5700/xt or a high airflow case, you may want to put your GPU in the lower PCI-E slots or vertically mount the GPU and that may be an issue for some users

3. Post
    What would be better for my Ryzen system?

G.SKILL Sniper X Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
    DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
    Timing 19-20-20-40
    CAS Latency 19
    Voltage 1.35V

or

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
    DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
    Timing 16-18-18-38
    CAS Latency 16
    Voltage 1.35V

4. Post
    I would think the ripjaws

5. Post
    https://162.243.147.153/ram-latency.htm

3600 CL 19 = 10.5ns
    3200 CL 16 = 10ns

Whichever's cheaper

6. Post
    My guess is zero noticeable difference. Perhaps you'd see a difference in a benchmark, but in a game, noooope.

Don't you already have memory in the mail? confused.

7. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Taichi has always seemed to be highly rated from what I have seen.
    I read this when I purchased my X370 Taichi, but it seems like other X370 (and X470) boards get better bios support, and earlier functions release than the corresponding Taichi. It is the more expensive forgotten cousin quite often. Obviously I can't comment on the X570 version, but it does seem to be an anomaly. But great hardware!

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Just FYI, the Taichi x570 may have a design flaw

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...pset_overheat/

So unless you have a blower gpu like the stock 5700/xt or a high airflow case, you may want to put your GPU in the lower PCI-E slots or vertically mount the GPU and that may be an issue for some users
    I read that a few days ago, but i'd take it with a grain of salt. Its all speculation without putting a thermal camera over it to see what's going on.

Probably find that the chip on the new X570 runs fairly hot anyway, especially if you have an M.2 drive in the lower slot because they have the equivelant of a PLX chip on there which provides PCI-E lanes to additional M.2 slots and I believe the 3rd PCI-E X16 slot.

My SB/PLX chip is in the exact same place on my Z77/3770K board, with a 1070 blowing down onto it, and with a second 1070 in the 3rd PCI-E slot that completely covers it. It's not a problem. Infact with how much cool air gets blown by the GPU, it probably helps dissipate heat, to force it towards the rear - I also have 2 fans in the front in a push/pull config towards the rear.

Heres my Z77 (with the lower GPU pulled)

9. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    My guess is zero noticeable difference. Perhaps you'd see a difference in a benchmark, but in a game, noooope.

Don't you already have memory in the mail? confused.
    Never came. Amazon can't track it, and it hasn't hit NZ yet. Nearly 20 days since I ordered it. My SSD turned up (which was tracking) today from Prime Day sales. I've been refunded anyways.

10. Post
    where did you guys buy your B450s and 3600s?

11. Post
    Got my b450 tomahawk from amazon and my 3600 from pbtech.

12. Post
    Got my B450M Mortar from NZGameshop (was only place I could find it other than Amazon.co.uk, and was cheaper from NZGameshop) and 3600 from PBTech.

13. Post
    Got my Mortar and 3700X from CL

14. Post
    Got my x570 & 3600 today from pbtech, stoked!

15. Post
    ajaxx wrote:
    Got my x570 & 3600 today from pbtech, stoked!
    How is it performing so far?

I actually don't just game but do other things like having chrome open with multiple tabs, watch netflix, discord, whatsapp, Line app on the side so don't know how 3600 will handle.

16. Post
    Small yolo on a 1tb ssd drive. Can finally throw my last spinner drive in the bin.

17. Post
    are you guys using stock coolers or?

yuRiko wrote:

I actually don't just game but do other things like having chrome open with multiple tabs, watch netflix, discord, whatsapp, Line app on the side so don't know how 3600 will handle.
    Thats what people do while gaming

18. Post
    Not as tech-related as some of these buys, but just yolo'd a steelcase leap chair. Looking forward to sitting in something that has some decent back support.

19. Post
    yuRiko wrote:

Unless you plan to render video while gaming, 3600 will handle all of those tasks, none of them will use bugger all resources.

20. Post
    Jarsky wrote:
    I read that a few days ago, but i'd take it with a grain of salt. Its all speculation without putting a thermal camera over it to see what's going on.

Probably find that the chip on the new X570 runs fairly hot anyway, especially if you have an M.2 drive in the lower slot because they have the equivelant of a PLX chip on there which provides PCI-E lanes to additional M.2 slots and I believe the 3rd PCI-E X16 slot.

My SB/PLX chip is in the exact same place on my Z77/3770K board, with a 1070 blowing down onto it, and with a second 1070 in the 3rd PCI-E slot that completely covers it. It's not a problem. Infact with how much cool air gets blown by the GPU, it probably helps dissipate heat, to force it towards the rear - I also have 2 fans in the front in a push/pull config towards the rear.

Heres my Z77 (with the lower GPU pulled)
    To be fair - how much power does Z77 draw at idle though. x570 is known for being hot as it draw around 10w at idle with no SSD's in the PCI-e slots and only goes up from there as you start putting parts in and running those parts.

I was also cautious about their claims, however they posted pictures and said as soon as they vertically mounted the GPU the system stopped crashing (presumably because the GPU fans were no longer blowing over the x570 chipset fan intake)

Also, at least two people here from a quick google search complaining about overheating chipset on their x570 taichi: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...ound-and-heat/

Also because of the temps, even if the system did not crash - those people say the chipset fans are spinning at crazy high rpm's and making tons of noise. Maybe something that can be fixed in RMA because there is also another poster who says their taichi is fine - they post a picture and they have a lot of air intake blowing over the chipset in a large midtower

21. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Unless you plan to render video while gaming, 3600 will handle all of those tasks, none of them will use bugger all resources.
    Its weird at times when Chrome takes up heaps of CPU usage and I'm there thinking if my 3770k isn't handling it well or perhaps I'm still on DDR3 1600mhz on xmp. All I play is Dota 2 and the occasional PubG.

Too much pr0n perhaps? :/

Also, anyone have news on the new Trident Neo's + new Phantek cases arrival in NZ?

22. Post
    Just an older rig, current gen stuff will multitask all of that no worries. 16GB of memory probably best to be sure.

23. Post
    Think I'm one the people that get the dud b450/3600 combo. Might see if I can return this mobo.

Edit: sweet, seems to be working so far.. had to do a ton of troubleshooting.
    Last edited by Pxndx; 26th July 2019 at 7:52 pm.

24. Post
    All went smoothly for me. Updated BIOS on my B450M Mortar without CPU, installed and booting up into BIOS setup fine. Just downloading Windows 10 to USB now so I can reinstall Windows.

25. Post
    Just wondering for those that bought the B450 / x470, mainly due to budget or just plain stupid to get an x570?

Or just getting it temporarily until the actual need to go x570?