GP boasts their YOLO upgrades

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 4,051 to 4,066 of 4066

1. Post
    Your anecdotal evidence means nothing.
    Much like the 4 cards I have/ had, of which are all still going, bar a fan that died after 5 years.

2. Post
    I would have thought they were just cheaper because the coolers weren't as good and/or possibly because they put lower binned gpus and/or weaker power phases?

3. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    My last two Gigabyte Windforce cards worked flawlessly. I always found them cool and quiet with the triple fans. Radeon 6950 (which I still have for backup) and GTX970.
    This. My Gigabyte 2060 OC / 3fan card is quiet and cool.

My Aorus x570 board is also working a treat.

4. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    My last two Gigabyte Windforce cards worked flawlessly. I always found them cool and quiet with the triple fans. Radeon 6950 (which I still have for backup) and GTX970.
    That may be but he was asking about the 2080ti wind force cards and those tend to among the hotter running 2080tis for sale.
    I wouldn't say don't buy one though - the temps are fine - we're talking 75 - 80c depending on case and that's still fine.
    The only Gigabyte 2080ti I would avoid is the Auros Extreme - it's 3 fans may as well be 2 because the center is more focused on RGB and less on cooling and that card can go up to 90c

5. Post
    Will still perform the same as those with brand tax, like ASUS. I was merely pointing out the gigabyte cards are fine in general reliability wise. If they weren't you struggle to find retailers willing to sell them.

When GPUs tend to have the same warranty and you can pay $100-500 less for the same performance, it's a no brainer to me.

6. Post
    Ok so I know this is the yolo thread but I've still decided that the 2080ti is a bit rich for me. Have to adult these days and bills come first. So now I'm looking at an evga 2080 super ftw3 ultra.

Hopefully no hidden foibles with this card? Evga has a good rep and I've seen good reviews for this card.

In order to still quantify this as a yolo I almost exclusively play Elder Scrolls Online so even a 2080 super is complete overkill for this badly optimised, cpu bound game.

7. Post
    Don't be too hard on yourself. It pretty much is a YOLO due to the fact it's well overpriced. 2080 would be a much smarter buy (which is saying a lot given the pricing of the whole range).

8. Post
    dr.m0x wrote:
    Ok so I know this is the yolo thread but I've still decided that the 2080ti is a bit rich for me. Have to adult these days and bills come first. So now I'm looking at an evga 2080 super ftw3 ultra.

Hopefully no hidden foibles with this card? Evga has a good rep and I've seen good reviews for this card.

In order to still quantify this as a yolo I almost exclusively play Elder Scrolls Online so even a 2080 super is complete overkill for this badly optimised, cpu bound game.
    EVGA is a great brand with great products - I'll probably be going EVGA next time too

9. Post
    Having been across mining card RMA's, Gigabyte cards were the worst. EVGA is oh so reliable.

10. Post
    Job done. Money officially pissed away.

11. Post
    Good work. What did it set you back?

12. Post
    $1480 or something, the ftw3 seems to be a bit hard to find locally atm.

13. Post
    dr.m0x wrote:
    $1480 or something, the ftw3 seems to be a bit hard to find locally atm.
    Nice man, enjoy the yolo.

14. Post
    Got a 2080 super for Red Dead 2. Only managed 16.6GHz on the ram but got 2.08GHz on the core.

Attachment 227514

Attached Images

15. Post
    POCOLOCO wrote:
    Got a 2080 super for Red Dead 2. Only managed 16.6GHz on the ram but got 2.08GHz on the core.

Attachment 227514
    I dunno mate, I'd be pretty happy with 16.6 GHz on anything...

16. Post
    scholar wrote:
    I dunno mate, I'd be pretty happy with 16.6 GHz on anything...
    A lot of the reviewers were getting 1000+ overclocks on the ram. Probably just got cherry picked cards.