GP boasts their YOLO upgrades

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 4156

1. Post
    Yeah decided to drop the mini atx and go mid tower so updated build accordingly.

I don't have the patience to deal with things like graphics cards not fitting (now or in the future) or making a big compromise on cooling so meh.

2. Post
    Finally got my 3950x for my new server after a lot of hassle. Data is currently syncing across from the old server to the new one.

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x
    ASRock X570 Taichi Motherboard
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (old card)
    4 x 16GB DDR4-3000 Corsair Vengeance LPX
    500GB Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4
    2 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe
    2 x 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD's
    12 x 8TB WD Drives (WD80EMAZ)
    Fractal Design Define R6 Case (windowless)
    Fractal Design R6 HDD Trays (additional)
    Fractal Design S36 Triple AIO cooler
    Corsair RM750x V2 PSU
    LSI 9211-8i SAS controller

Trying out UnRAID, but also got an Ubuntu VM going which im trialling out as well with ZFS & QEMU + Virt-Manager, still considering which I want to go for. Also contemplating creating a new RAID using my LSI 9271-8i Raid Controller and running hardware RAID under Ubuntu/Debian/CentOS

I like the flexibility of UnRAID but not its locked in licensing and licensing cost and some of its shortcomings.

Name:  c3b536aae9488ccf96f54dc69ed1d1e4.png
Views: 842
Size:  195.8 KB
    Last edited by Jarsky; 17th January 2020 at 5:03 am.

3. Post
    ^^ Good Stuff.

My 3950x YOLO has arrived too. My phone doesn't take the best photos though

Fractal Meshify S2 White/Black
    ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula x570
    AMD Ryzen 9 3950x @ all core 4.3ghz - cooled with Gigabyte 360mm AIO and Thermaltake RGB fans
    ASUS Strix RTX2080ti @ 2100mhz - stock cooling
    Corsair RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM @ 3600 CL14
    Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe gen 4 Nvme SSD
    Samsung Evo 860 1TB SATA III SSD
    Corsair HX750w PSU - using Cablemod Black/White cables

4. Post
    oooh tidy!

5. Post
    Notice the MP600 much? Mine arrived today, just waiting on the last bits to show up.

6. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Notice the MP600 much? Mine arrived today, just waiting on the last bits to show up.
    Well its a ten fold increase in read/write speed technically coming from the samsung evo 860 SATA III it replaced.
    There is a limitation to how much snappier the system can get but I've noticed some improvements already.

Tonight I reinstalled my antivirus, then ran it on both drives after copying tons of large files to both, while Windows files are also on both as I have yet to format the Samsung drive. And doing a full scan on each, the scan took 60% less time to complete on the MP600 than the EVO 860 SATA III - CPU usage was also affected, the 3950x ran at 40% load while scanning the MP600 and just 18% load on the EVO 860.

7. Post
    Nice.

I'm really hoping things like indexing projects with Intellij will be noticable better as thats a big pain in the ass for me at the moment.

8. Post
    Yeah,things will get better.

9. Post
    George L. Goodwin wrote:
    Yeah,things will get better.
    except for your posting

10. Post
    It's here.

11. Post
    Ooh you got the Meshify S2 as well, I love this case

12. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    It's here.

13. Post
    omg

14. Post
    Where is that cabinet in the background from Priv?

15. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    Where is that cabinet in the background from Priv?
    It's custome made sorry dude

16. Post
    The YOLO Keyboard upgrade arrived.

I wanted to improve desk ergonomics, so swapped out a full size membrane corsair k55 board for a steelseries apex 7 blue TKL.

17. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    The YOLO Keyboard upgrade arrived.

I wanted to improve desk ergonomics, so swapped out a full size membrane corsair k55 board for a steelseries apex 7 blue TKL.

I would die without a numpad tbh

18. Post
    I don't even miss it. I'm nearly as quick using the other numbered keys as the numpad. And having the numpad forces the mouse shoulder further out from the body. Losing the numpad keeps the shoulder close to the body, creating a better ergonomic posture.

19. Post
    Yeah that's true but sometimes they're better than the normal number keys, but e.g. If you work with spreadsheets a lot

20. Post
    I feel a big yolo coming, haven't touched the inside of my pc for over 3 years. How much can I get for a 1080 ftw these days?

21. Post
    mac-one-oh wrote:
    I feel a big yolo coming, haven't touched the inside of my pc for over 3 years. How much can I get for a 1080 ftw these days?
    $4-500?

22. Post
    yolo'd 3700x +mobo + 32gb ramz + 1tb nvme + waterblock

might sell some more shit before round 2

23. Post
    I was playing around with 3800x + Asus 570 E + 16gb 3200 RAM + 1tb gen4 nvme + 2080 ti in CL cart at lunch.

But then it broke $4k, and I thought maybe I should stock up on Corona supplies instead

24. Post
    Bit late in the game to be thinking about buying an rtx20 series card I reckon. Got a lazy $2k on standby for the release of the next big thing in gpus. Trigger finger is itchy though I must admit.

25. Post
    dr.m0x wrote:
    Bit late in the game to be thinking about buying an rtx20 series card I reckon. Got a lazy $2k on standby for the release of the next big thing in gpus. Trigger finger is itchy though I must admit.
    I'd wait. new lineups from AMD and Nvidia coming. If you need something to tide you over you could try something at the low end, but I wouldn't drop money on a high end card right now. Just my personal opinion - $2k gets you a 2080ti, but the 2080ti is overpriced and will be beaten this year by other new cards.