Results 3,001 to 3,013 of 3013

1. Post
    I don't think so. I mean we could charge more and do a shittier job and still get work. Doesn't mean we do, we price competitive and go the extra mile on jobs to make sure everything is bang on. I know many people that do the shitty overpriced jobs, they are running the same business practice as Nvidia. In this case Nvidia just puts out whatever, without worrying too much about cutting corners. GTX970 is a good example (my last card) 3.5GB of good memory, 0.5GB of slow memory due to disabled L2 cache. Obviously kept secret until people worked it out. Shaddy f**kers.

2. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    I don't think so. I mean we could charge more and do a shittier job and still get work. Doesn't mean we do, we price competitive and go the extra mile on jobs to make sure everything is bang on. I know many people that do the shitty overpriced jobs, they are running the same business practice as Nvidia. In this case Nvidia just puts out whatever, without worrying too much about cutting corners. GTX970 is a good example (my last card) 3.5GB of good memory, 0.5GB of slow memory due to disabled L2 cache. Obviously kept secret until people worked it out. Shaddy f**kers.
    I don't know what you do for work.

I was referring more to electronics TV's, phones, pc components.

3. Post
    it all depends on competition - the more competition you have the better the service you will offer

4. Post
    Yep, that is true.
    I don't work in IT, it was more just an example that just because you can rip people off, doesn't mean you should. I mean Intel put out expensive chips like the 8700k, and run poor quality TIM over solder. Compared to AMD where excluding the APU included CPU's are soldered now, and cost much less. So it's literally coming down to a cutting corners to maximise profit at the consumers expense. I'm sure AMD could have used cheaper, poorer performing TIM too. This was even after people with 7700k chips were told to not overclock them due to high temps (again, due to cutting corners). Intel literally told people to not overclock their priced accordingly unlocked CPU's. Just poor practice IMO. They must turn over billions, yet still cut corners. I just hope more people wake up to such things and buy the competition. It might, (i'm not convinced in the slightest) make Intel up their game and provide better chips out of the box.

5. Post
    The 8700k is still poor in the thermal department, you can gain 10-20c difference in temps by delidding compared to the crappy TIM

6. Post
    Yeah even if they're sitting on something awesome, they don't want to release it. They want slow incremental improvements so people spend money. There's no point leaping ahead with something only to get caught out not being able to beat it with anything later on.

7. Post
    bought a 1060 for the media pc in the lounge, for you know, the h265 transcoding

8. Post
    Soldier_Five wrote:
    bought a 1060 for the media pc in the lounge, for you know, the h265 transcoding
    My NUC is annoying me now. Barely can handle 4k @30fps streams.

Probs need to yolo a new HTPC.

9. Post
    Do it

10. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    They must turn over billions, yet still cut corners.
    $62.76 billion NET revenue last year.

Yep. W**kers.

11. Post
    Intel is nearly half the size of the entire NZ economy

12. Post
    Yeah Intel are shady as heck. Kinda regret getting the 8700k to be honest, feel guilty. Saw a video on youtube that the fan they ship with the 8700 (non-k) can't even keep up with the boost clock. Cheap cretins couldn't even spend an extra dollar on better tim or $5 on a better cooler.

13. Post
    This video?