Red Dead Redemption 2

Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
(17 votes)
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2358

1. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Dont read too much into it. The game is great. It has issues but the I think most of us are far too old for the "I like it therefore it must be perfect" mindset. Being critical of aspects of anything does not mean it's not appreciated for what it is.

I think your statement is a little off the mark.
    This is a fair statement, I probably should have made reference to the general mood of forums around RDR2, since I still adore the game for what it does best despite my decent sized list of serious criticisms of the game.

An amazing journey, that despite it's many gameplay flaws (for me, gunplay and movement), is a masterpiece which tells one of the best western tales in any form of media. If I had to summise the game to someone based on my lovely time with it, I'd say "Come for the characters, camaraderie, story and setting, stay for the heart felt journey".

I did constantly keep thinking during my 80 odd hour playthrough "I really, really, really wish this had TLoU controls and gunplay" which I personally think would have been perfect for it...but IMO it was 100% designed around auto-aim (as Rockstar insists on keeping a thing) which kind of dulled the gameplay side of it for me to no end. Movement frustrated me to no end many times....unwanted wanted levels and weirdly designed Arthur movements were my bain many times, yet despite these...I have so much love for the overall emotional and rewarding experience.

I loooove challenge even in my story based games (TLoU on Survivor mode, GoW on Give me God of War mode, Mass Effect on Insanity, DOS2 on Tactician, Soulsborne love etc) so the weird feeling free-aim vs too-easy auto aim options didn't really cut it for me. Despite these seemingly large criticisms, I still would give the game (after mulling it over) a 9.4 out of 10 for the amazingly pure time-travel experience and being transported into a western like no-other game ever has for me (even more so than RDR, which I rate about the same, with some similar criticisms).

I would love to see GTA VI rock the boat and reboot it's gameplay style though, Rockstar definitely could do with a shakeup gameplay wise (although their sales don't really show this lol). Would definitely be a big move, but necessary after 20 years of the same kind of style adventuring I reckon.

2. Post
    IST wrote:
    I would love to see GTA VI rock the boat and reboot it's gameplay style though, Rockstar definitely could do with a shakeup gameplay wise (although their sales don't really show this lol). Would definitely be a big move, but necessary after 20 years of the same kind of style adventuring I reckon.
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if for GTA6 they introduce bullshit like having to pay insurance regularly, having to pay property rent and having to refuel your cars at the petrol station.

3. Post
    Rumour: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC may be revealed on April 22nd as an Epic Games Store exclusive

This might get me to crack if it's 1 year, not gonna lie. 6 months? Easy, can sweat that out.

4. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Rumour: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC may be revealed on April 22nd as an Epic Games Store exclusive

This might get me to crack if it's 1 year, not gonna lie. 6 months? Easy, can sweat that out.

That is much quicker than GTAV's pc release at least.

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

6. Post

Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead is about the only game I enjoy playing offline. It might be my favorite game. I'm going to try to not get too excited until I see what this is all about. But Rockstar knows they are sending people into a frenzy with this so I doubt they want to disappoint.

7. Post
    Can't believe they ****ed up online so bad.

8. Post
    Can't see how, it's financially successful for them.

9. Post
    IST wrote:
    Rumoured new map, see the Great Plains and Tall Trees from the original map in the bottom left, from pretty good source too.

Here's the overlay, looks about 2 x size of RDR land mass, lot's bigger if you include water.

Edit: This is possibly fake I've come to learn... hard to say, take with lots of salt
    Edit 2: This is actually possibly real as hasn't been destroyed by the Housers yet, so who knows
    This leak blows my mind

10. Post
    jords wrote:
    This leak blows my mind
    I'm on that next level leak tip

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

11. Post
    Just finished the main story. It became a real slog towards the end & I was just pushing on to see how the story concluded. Which was well worth it as the ending was excellent. Probably spent 100 hours in the game. It was addictive & I'd think about the game world when I wasn't playing but it never elicited any real excitement or fun. A bit like Dragon Age Inquisition. You know it's a good game & you're waiting for it to "click" but it never does. Does that make sense? I'll never get tired of looking at those graphics though.

12. Post
    I'm still messing about in the early chapters, the gang's just moved to that place by the lake. I feel progress is stalled by me wanting to kill everyone I meet in numerous and hilarious ways.

13. Post
    ^ I can relate to that! - also procrastinating with it big time. Getting back into it alongside playing Days Gone (which i'm thoroughly enjoying despite middling reviews).

14. Post
    I still have MGS, HZD and Just Cause 3 to complete, on top of RDR2; I couldn't possibly fit another open world title into my diet. But yeah Days Gone looks good.

15. Post
    Still haven't played!

16. Post

17. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    PC version got classified by the Australian classification.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...classified_by/
    Then it should be announced really soon

18. Post
    PC version coming to EGS November 5. Will launch on steam in December.

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/st...29407710715905

19. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    PC version coming to EGS November 5. Will launch on steam in December.

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/st...29407710715905
    You mean the Rockstar Games Launcher not EGS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Post
    mmmm wonder if my trusty potato rig can run this

21. Post
    Wow.

I modded up gtav, got it looking all purty, still haven't played it.

Probs do the same for rdr2.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Haisley; 5th October 2019 at 12:04 pm.

22. Post
    Niiiice hope my laptop can play it !

23. Post
    gikar wrote:
    You mean the Rockstar Games Launcher not EGS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As per the announcement;

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to pre-order at the Epic Games store, Greenman Gaming, the Humble Store, GameStop and additional digital retailers starting October 23rd with a pre-order bonus of 25 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online. Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to purchase on Steam this December.

24. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    As per the announcement;
    Today, we're proud to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC on November 5th, with special bonuses available to players who pre-purchase through the Rockstar Games Launcher starting October 9th. We also want to say thank you to the millions of people who have already downloaded the Rockstar Games Launcher and received their free copy of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.