Red Dead Redemption 2

Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
(17 votes)
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2392

1. Post
    Can't even tell if that's a joke or an actual part of the game.

And yes, I get that's mostly on me about the game. I don't enjoy gaming as much as I used to, which sucks.

2. Post
    If you find it boring now wait until you have to do chores when you get to the farm towards the end lol

3. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Can't even tell if that's a joke or an actual part of the game.

And yes, I get that's mostly on me about the game. I don't enjoy gaming as much as I used to, which sucks.
    i posted most gripes with this game when i played it on original release but when you get near the end it was definitely worth it.

some things you can do to make the game less ff a chore, ignore all the pointless fluff for making money, getting outfits, upgrading the camp etc. just stick to the main story and interesting side stories. you'll soon have more than enough money just from the main story. you dont even need expensive guns. springfield with a scope and dual wield sawn off shut guns for up close are all you need.

4. Post
    It's a valid concern. There is a lot of "busy" work in this game and sometimes it's tedious having to do things like cook each bit of steak one by one, or scrub each limb in the bath. They probably could have still made a good game without quite so much character maintenance involved. To me it's still an enjoyable play regardless but I can see why some people would rather not spend their free time doing that sort of stuff.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

5. Post
    Agree. I spend ages grinding hunting to get all the satchels, and then there was zero reason to do any more.

6. Post
    I don't think I ever bothered bathing the horse. I only scrubbed it clean if it got messy as.

7. Post
    wtf? bathing horse balls and other menial tasks?

will wait for a deep sale on this one

8. Post
    None of those tasks are required though, you don't have to do any of them.

They're there for people that want them and if you don't, don't do them. The game isn't any worse for not doing them.
    Last edited by CoolShady; 9th December 2019 at 5:40 pm.

9. Post
    25% off Steam sale? Sold.

10. Post
    You could level similar criticism at most open world games. There's always grind for unneeded stuff in there somewhere to give people who want the game to last a long time plenty to do.

11. Post
    Oh shit, this PC version is hella good for me, constant 60fps and it looks marvellous. FPS gunfights are godly on mouse, I wish that I had this precision control in the first game. Thanks for being paid Early Access testers, Epic Store f*ckbois.

12. Post
    Is steam the best price now? I bought it when it first released on steam to see if my laptop would run it, it ran ok but I got a refund so I can wait for a better price.

13. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    Is steam the best price now?
    Greenmangaming had a deeper discount during the Black Friday sales than the current Steam sale price.

N.B. That's the Rockstar Launcher only version though. That being said the Steam release uses both launchers so unless you really want the game on Steam, you won't miss anything.

14. Post
    Gotta say the pacing of the early hours in this game is much, much better than the first. It took about 6 hours for RDR1 to pick up after doing a bunch of menial shit like herding cattle and night watch. 3ish hours in and I've already experienced a train robbery, hell yeah!
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 15th December 2019 at 8:15 am.

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Gotta say the pacing of the early hours in this game is much, much better than the first. It took about 6 hours for RDR1 to pick up after doing a bunch of menial shit like herding cattle and night watch.
    Wait until you get to a certain point later on in the game lol.

16. Post
    am considering getting this but just wanted opinions on whether or not the dlc versions are worth it (the special edition).
    standard edition is $65 which seems to be pretty cheap for pc

17. Post
    JAFA wrote:
    am considering getting this but just wanted opinions on whether or not the dlc versions are worth it (the special edition).
    standard edition is $65 which seems to be pretty cheap for pc
    If you want all of the SP content then the SE is the only option.

18. Post
    Has anyone fixed the blurriness? The graphics setting TAA seems to be what causes it, but with it OFF the game looks way better(to my eyes) but has heaps of jaggies and shimmers. With it ON it's super blurry. Is there a middle ground somewhere?

19. Post
    Well I'd have to say I need to eat a bit of humble pie and do a complete 180. I finished the game and it was fantastic. I avoided all of the pointless busy work and just did the side missions and main missions. Pretty powerful story, was genuinely absorbed and moved by it at times.

20. Post
    So a lot of the teleporting and setting on fire cheater crap from GTA has already appeared in RDR.

Also this one is happening now. Looks like cheaters can fire off money draining events now:

21. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    Has anyone fixed the blurriness? The graphics setting TAA seems to be what causes it, but with it OFF the game looks way better(to my eyes) but has heaps of jaggies and shimmers. With it ON it's super blurry. Is there a middle ground somewhere?
    Temporal Anti-aliasing (TAA) and anisotrophic filtering seems to be broken on Vulkan.
    https://youtu.be/tTHHi4tGavY?t=823

22. Post
    Blue Vein CHEESE wrote:
    So a lot of the teleporting and setting on fire cheater crap from GTA has already appeared in RDR.

Also this one is happening now. Looks like cheaters can fire off money draining events now:
    That's a shame. GTAV was an awesome online game, sadly it was absolutely ruined by cheaters.

23. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    That's a shame. GTAV was an awesome online game, sadly it was absolutely ruined by cheaters.
    I always just force a solo public lobby and invited friends to join to avoid modders. I do the same with RDO but getting friends in is a bit more difficult as everyone needs to be running the same firewall rule blocking ports with each others IP's exempted.

24. Post
    Grabbed this for pc. Man it's genuinely amazing what they did with the one x and how good it looked on there. I'm thinking of plugging my pc into my 4k TV and just playing on there, 3440x1440 is pretty taxing. Can't just crank it to ultra

25. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Grabbed this for pc. Man it's genuinely amazing what they did with the one x and how good it looked on there. I'm thinking of plugging my pc into my 4k TV and just playing on there, 3440x1440 is pretty taxing. Can't just crank it to ultra
    Even cranking the settings up on 2k with an i7 6700k and 1080ti puts a huge amount of strain on the system.