Red Dead Redemption 2

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)

1. Post
    Looks like another Rockstar classic. Good to see them pushing open world design to the limit.

2. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Looks like another Rockstar classic. Good to see them pushing open world design to the limit.
    Rockstar is the king of open world games since the PS2, I expect nothing less

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Queue EVA, feel sorry for the bugger - I'm sure he has a PS4 but he'll avoid playing the game for years until it eventually makes its way to PC, all while moaning about it at every opportunity
    It's cute that you think you know me. I don't care, I'm happy to wait since there's plenty of games to play. I had RDR1 since 2012/2013 and didn't play it until 2016/2017. I'll probably be playing Spider-man or AC Odyssey when RDR2 comes out.

4. Post
    Looking forward to a map reveal and comparison with RDRedemption!

5. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Rockstar is the king of open world games since the PS2, I expect nothing less
    GTA 4 was quite shit, it only got good in the expansions. Oh and RDR1: Undead Nightmare is literally a broken mess. The game keeps breaking every 20ish minutes and you're forced to reload your previous save.

6. Post
    I played through undead nightmare with zero issues. Seems that later patches broke it, as I lent my console to a mate who could simply not get through the expansion at all. Too many bugs. Disappointing indeed.

7. Post
    I couldn't get thru GTA 4 due to the wonky car controls and the unlikeable main character. But they improved themselves in Red Dead Redemption and GTA 5.

I'm sure this game will be good when it comes out

8. Post
    GTA 4 wasn't that bad. I hated the car handling & flying mechanics though. I thought Nico was a decent protagonist except for the stuff where one minute hes trying to be a good person and next hes going on a killing spree. The Roman bugging you to hang out all the time stuff didn't bother me as much as everyone else for some reason.

My hype meter for RDR2 has definitely increased alot after that trailer

9. Post
    GTA games always had terrible handling on all it's vehicles, especially flying vehicles until they made GTA V, every GTA game from 2 to 4 and in between had trash handling for vehicles

gta 4's cars were like driving with a bouncy castle under your wheels

10. Post
    Game looks like it's going to be one epic adventure; can't wait!

11. Post
    Just bring it out already, you dirty little slut Rockstar!

12. Post
    Gta4 had good driving physics. it's easily the most realistic of all the Gta games including 5. people just had a big cry when they couldn't mash r2 everywhere because they spin out if they hit a bump.

13. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Once you get past the mundane shit like cow herding and protecting chickens from coyotes etc it gets really good.
    I better give it another go then. Also I've only played like 2 hours if gta v lol

14. Post
    ludez wrote:
    I better give it another go then. Also I've only played like 2 hours if gta v lol
    ...do you actually ever finish games?!

15. Post
    News update

The gameplay trailer was captured in game using a ps4 pro on the 4K resolution graphics mode

Bravo well done Rockstar

16. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    ...do you actually ever finish games?!
    Sigh..... Rarely only ones lately I have actually finished we're knack 2, god of war and I think that's it lol

17. Post
    I haven't been this hyped for a game in years!
    SirGrim wrote:
    GTA games always had terrible handling on all it's vehicles, especially flying vehicles until they made GTA V, every GTA game from 2 to 4 and in between had trash handling for vehicles

gta 4's cars were like driving with a bouncy castle under your wheels
    Honestly, I stopped playing GTA IV because of the car handling itself pretty early on in the game. The only GTA game I haven't finished. All the others were fine though with GTA V having the best handling IMO.

18. Post
    I hated all 3 GTA V characters, but thought the world was neat. Best 3D GTA is and always will be Vice City. Horse Shoot 3 looks aight, hopefully my non-pro PS4 can handle the jandal

19. Post
    JRS wrote:
    Gta4 had good driving physics. it's easily the most realistic of all the Gta games including 5. people just had a big cry when they couldn't mash r2 everywhere because they spin out if they hit a bump.
    what

have you ever driven before? if your car handles anything like the cars in gta4 you should be going to the mechanic ASAP cause you have some serious issues

20. Post
    Abo wrote:
    what

have you ever driven before? if your car handles anything like the cars in gta4 you should be going to the mechanic ASAP cause you have some serious issues
    Nice reading comprehension

21. Post
    Abo wrote:
    what

Call the shock shop

22. Post
    JC wrote:
    I hated all 3 GTA V characters, but thought the world was neat. Best 3D GTA is and always will be Vice City. Horse Shoot 3 looks aight, hopefully my non-pro PS4 can handle the jandal
    I didn't like any of the 3 player characters either...no enamorment whatsoever for any of them...didn't' finish GTAV though (finished every other one, and Vice was my fave also).

Vice City...nothing has come close to it yet, RDR was nearly as good: but got pipped at the post by the music in VC.

After seeing the story trailers and now the gameplay though of RDR2.....it's really shaping up to be something truly groundbreaking by the feels....reminds me of TW3 mixed with RDR, pretty much the perfect combination of games if I'm being honest.

23. Post
    I just don't get liking Vice City over San Andreas. Sure the vibe is cool but the game world is just so flat and lifeless compared to SA.

24. Post
    Yeah I actually agree with Gwarden. SA is the best GTA by far for me. Just so much more stuff to do Vice City had the best soundtrack though

25. Post
    I think the Vice City Nostalgia comes from most of the people who would've been buying the game 20-25yr old Americans, it the setting would reflect more of their childhood.