Red Dead Redemption 2

Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
(16 votes)
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2350

1. Post
    RX 570 + Ryzen 1600 + 16GB RAM + ethernet. Medium settings.

No lag issues, just the occasional disconnect with rockstar servers message and that's only when I play with my GTA/RDR crew who are mostly US/EU people. When I play on my own I don't tend to get server errors.

2. Post
    TemptedNZ wrote:
    Alas you cannot have TAA on with Vulcan without it shitting the bed texture wise so its either no AA or FXAA... I think it's not rendering some stuff properly tho. If you switch Motion Blur on to test it everything is ULTRA ****ed. LOL. Lighting is worse very obviously than DX12.
    Have not experienced any of these issues with Vulcan.

3. Post
    Yeah neither.

7700k and rtx 2080, and runs fine at 1440p, no hitches, stutters. 1 crash all up.

4. Post
    Same. Runs smooth as a baby's bottom, unless it crashes, then it's a full blown crash.

EDIT: This probably explains why some of us are having stuttering and others aren't. I've got a 3900x and playing on an ultrawide monitor so I shouldn't see any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pRTweQp2uw&t=2s
    Last edited by dr.m0x; 13th November 2019 at 5:59 pm.

5. Post
    Nvidia released a driver to fix a shit ton of Vulcan issues today.

6. Post
    Wow that driver really fixed a lot of the Vulcan texture issues!
    I cant believe some people are saying they haven't noticed.

7. Post
    Loaded the driver, looks exactly the same.

8. Post
    That finding Lenny mission in the bar is GOLD

9. Post
    DatDan wrote:
    That was hilarious - so well done, very realistic when you're OTP

10. Post
    DatDan wrote:
    Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeny!

11. Post
    Does this game become more interesting because the first couple of hours on the mountain is boring me to tears.

12. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Does this game become more interesting because the first couple of hours on the mountain is boring me to tears.
    1) RDR2 is not as interesting or exciting as Grand Theft Auto - if that is your expectation you will be disappointed.
    2) Yes the pace does pickup, the first few hours does really drag on.

13. Post
    I think RDR2 is meant to feel like a rather slow game

14. Post
    It is - it's supposed to feel like the old spaghett western movies. Sure it won't be for everyone but I quite enjoy trotting through the countryside on my horse and just taking in the scenery. It's relaxing. Games don't have to keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time in order to be engaging. IMO if you understand what Rockstar were going for they actually nailed it.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

15. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    The mountain section is not even close to what you'll experience once you leave. It is by far the worst part of the game.

16. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    The mountain section is not even close to what you'll experience once you leave. It is by far the worst part of the game.
    Any updates on when you might resume RDR2 pc review? Wonder if the patches have fixed up the port yet.

17. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Any updates on when you might resume RDR2 pc review? Wonder if the patches have fixed up the port yet.
    Review is done. Hopefully live tomorrow

18. Post

19. Post
    Game is $57 at EB today

20. Post
    dr.m0x wrote:
    It is - it's supposed to feel like the old spaghett western movies. Sure it won't be for everyone but I quite enjoy trotting through the countryside on my horse and just taking in the scenery. It's relaxing. Games don't have to keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time in order to be engaging. IMO if you understand what Rockstar were going for they actually nailed it.
    These are my thoughts too. I quite enjoyed mucking around and hunting things. Every now and then I thought I should probably do a mission, but then I just went back to exploring.

21. Post
    it's been bugging me for a while... "see the fire in your eyes" it sounds so familiar..... but why?
    it finally came came to me.

22. Post
    Eep, $130 for the content complete version. I've waited this long, I'll wait to see if there's a New Years sale discount.

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Eep, $130 for the content complete version. I've waited this long, I'll wait to see if there's a New Years sale discount.
    If the PS4 version is any indication, the bonuses for the special/ultimate edition aren't really worth the time of day.

24. Post
    Honestly I've pretty much given up on this game at this point. Not really for me, needing to brush your horse and clean each limb in the bath is too much simulation. No denying Rockstar are masters of simulated worlds though.

Just had the horrible epiphany that maybe we all live in a Rockstar game from 2155. Some simulation...good god.

25. Post
    Did you clean the horses balls too?