Red Dead Redemption 2

Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
(17 votes)
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2358

1. Post
    Anyone having trouble with textures not loading fully? All the small textures seem fine but bigger ones like cliff faces are super pixelated and blurry.

2. Post
    More benchmarks. Gamers Nexus use the High quality settings and not Ultra, so the numbers are a little more reasonable.

3. Post
    Had no problems myself. Played little over an hour using mostly medium settings and off options off on 1440p. My O\C 4790k and GTX1080 runs around 60fps +\- 10 in most situations so far. Gsync works well to keep things smooth.

4. Post
    Is this gonna be playable with an i5-3470 and RX 480?

5. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    Is this gonna be playable with an i5-3470 and RX 480?
    30fps for High settings
    If you want 60fps, you'll need to use medium, possibly some low settings

6. Post
    Honestly this is a pretty big mess of a release.
    I keep getting random freezes that I cannot resolve. Tried both Vulcan and DX12 and it's still a problem. Someone really ****ed up something with this. Never have I ever experienced this much of an issue with a game, and that includes Fallout 76.

7. Post
    Be interesting to see cpu scaling

8. Post
    Only issue I've had so far is some dude on a horse and cart who was spinning on top of a building. Shooting him in the head seemed to fix it though.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

9. Post
    Mhm maybe the performance is justified

As per below, you can see the game on PC looks significantly better than the best console version (Xbox One X) - in fact the native 4k xbox one x version looks like a low resolution blurry game in comparison to the PC version.

Here are some screens comparing the ps4 pro, xbox one x against the PC version

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	284.6 KB 
ID:	227656

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	485.3 KB 
ID:	227660

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	227658

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	278.0 KB 
ID:	227659

Last edited by SirGrim; 7th November 2019 at 10:15 pm.

10. Post
    Damn i wish my laptop would play this in 4k, im going to do a replay one the one x atleast. Made me remember how much i enjoyed the game

11. Post
    Back in the day they used to build PC games to be future proof. They'd include settings unsuitable for current-gen hardware. Crysis 1 from 2007 was probably the last of that mainstream breed.

My point is, I wouldn't be surprised if RDR2 is the same. You know this PC version will be the basis for the inevitable PS5 and Xbox Scarlet ports. I.e. consoles with hardware-based ray tracing, like the RTX enhancements for the PC version.

12. Post
    Someone was asking for a CPU test for this game and Tech Jesus has answered

13. Post
    Game is completely busted for me. Will bench perfectly, but as soon as I actually attempt to play I get random freezes that last for about 5 seconds at random intervals. I can hear the audio playing but the screen locks up, then jumps back to playing at ~60fps.
    Completely stumped. This is the first time I've ever has this serious an issue with any game. Went back and reinstalled GTAV to see if I could reproduce the issue on that and it works perfectly. This does not bode well for my review.
    I am talking to Rockstar directly and we'll see if they can help.

14. Post
    ^ I've had CoD MW for 2 weeks now and it is also that busted for me - also never had such a serious issue with a AAA game either.

When looking for fixes for that, I read that apparently there was a recent Windows patch that causes stuttering in a bunch of games, and that Microsoft have released a fix for it.

15. Post
    Updated my ****ing Bios to get the launcher issue to **** off.
    Ridiculous.
    Runs alright (2070 super and a 3700x) until it crashes. Which is a semi regular occurrence.

Does look like this tho. Get 60-70 fps with the settings I've decided on at 1440.

Name:	Red Dead Redemption II Screenshot 2019.11.08 - 05.22.49.45.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	661.2 KB 
ID:	227667
    Last edited by TemptedNZ; 8th November 2019 at 5:40 am.

16. Post
    will wait for Steam version, hopefully all the issues are sorted by then.

17. Post
    My not so tech savvy mate refunded from R* because he didn't want to update his bios just to run it.

18. Post
    Updating to AGESA 1.0.0.4 worked for me as well.

Great game so far. Haven't experienced any crashes yet (3700x + 2080Ti).

19. Post
    There's a few patches coming, first one is 3.3gb or something, to fix these. Apparently some antirvirus stuff doesn't like it either.

20. Post
    The in game photo mode is producing some real stunners! I've stolen this from reddit

Name:	i3xvrlezz9x31.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	304.6 KB 
ID:	227668

Name:	xyl9pmm9h6x31.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	604.1 KB 
ID:	227669

21. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Game is completely busted for me. Will bench perfectly, but as soon as I actually attempt to play I get random freezes that last for about 5 seconds at random intervals. I can hear the audio playing but the screen locks up, then jumps back to playing at ~60fps.
    Completely stumped. This is the first time I've ever has this serious an issue with any game. Went back and reinstalled GTAV to see if I could reproduce the issue on that and it works perfectly. This does not bode well for my review.
    I am talking to Rockstar directly and we'll see if they can help.
    Your not running a CPU without Hyper-threading are you? GamersNexus review covers some issues with the game engine and those CPUs causing intermittent freezes. He suggests maxing out the graphics settings to make the game GPU bound.

22. Post
    Had my first crash (train mission). Annoying.

23. Post
    Playing on 1080 medium, RX570. Despite these settings it looks damned impressive!

24. Post
    And we're finally working now!

25. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    And we're finally working now!
    new bios?

Jaytwocents only managed to get the game working on 1 of his 3 PC's