1. Post
    Does anyone know if eb games will have demo units to try out?

2. Post
    hopefully, they do in the U.S

3. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Does anyone know if eb games will have demo units to try out?
    I'd say so, I'd guess that all major retailers that have demo consoles, which normally come from Sony, will also have demo VR units. The real question is when will they arrive for demo and what will they smell like after a couple of hundred sweaty dirty grubby smelly children have had their heads all up in them?

4. Post
    Yeah I'm still on the fence about VR and while Im convinced it's something I really want to experience - I still don't know what it's going to be like after long gaming sessions. Currently 3-4 hours a night on my regular PS4 monitor and I think my vision is starting to deteriorate (after 8 hour days of viewing monitors at work as well) so will be looking for feedback on longterm usage - not specific to ps4 so should be easy to find.

Though if it's an optional peripheral like the G29 that I have then it'd be good as an optional 'nice to have' when the wife is out and sprog asleep.

GiantMartianTripod wrote:
    I'd say so, I'd guess that all major retailers that have demo consoles, which normally come from Sony, will also have demo VR units. The real question is when will they arrive for demo and what will they smell like after a couple of hundred sweaty dirty grubby smelly children have had their heads all up in them?
    smelly children sweat is one thing, it's the old ass filthy gamers like me I'd be worried about!

5. Post
    Speak for yourself crow, the sweat coming from my 42 year old forehead has the same aroma that I imagine angels tears have, sweet and liberating with just a hint of freshly baked cookies.

6. Post
    Not really a game, but BandaiNamco has an app to watch Virtual Idols perform on stage.
    idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls Viewing Revolution

Honestly, looks like a lazy job since they are using the same sort of engine from the mobile game and not the new engine that Platinum Stars is running on.

And Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will be getting a VR patch in October.

7. Post
    I am looking forward to the new resident evil game which will use the VR headset, it is the only reason I pre-ordered it!

8. Post
    I definite get one .

for sure

9. Post
    PSVR's Cinematic Mode is like having a personal 226-inch screen.

As PlayStation VR nears ever closer to release, Sony revealed a new feature of the headset that essentially transforms its display into your personal 226-inch TV.

Coined "Cinematic Mode," the PSVR can turn movies or games running on your PS4 into an ultra-widescreen affair.

The information was originally released by PlayStation's Japanese blog, demonstrating the feature with Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Robert Zemeckis' The Walk - a film we can only imagine induces ungodly cases of vertigo in VR.

Users have three screen sizes to choose from with Cinematic Mode - a large resolution simulating a 226-inch screen, a medium-sized 163-inch display, and a smaller setting of 117 inches.

Sony sets the medium as the default, likening the largest setting to sitting front-row at a movie theater. The smaller setting, however, can easily adjust to the viewer's head movement - perfect for if you decide to lie down after a few hours upright VR viewing.

Massive screens, small wearables

In addition to playing back your games and Blu-rays in virtual reality, Sony added that the PSVR will also support 360-degree video and photography played through the PS4's media player.

In theory, Cinematic Mode could also function as an emergency screen, such as when you need to play Persona 5 but TV in the living room is busy showing the big game. It could possibly also serve as a way to take your PS4 out on trips without lugging a cumbersome rectangular monitor in tandem.

Will see how this pans out, and will hold off on any tv upgrades.
    But wearing a headset for hours on end will be interesting. And on top of that a pair of headphones.

10. Post
    it wont replace your tv. the image quality on the headset will be lower than your tv can do

11. Post
    There's going to be some good TV deals in the next few weeks for the Olympics and trying to hold off getting an upgrade until later in the year The PSVR will be better quality then my 6 year old 40" Samsung, I hope.

12. Post
    If your TV is less than 1080p then maybe

13. Post
    I hope there's a wireless solution for the headset. There's a lot of wire coming in and out of the external box.
    If the wire to the headset is long enough no problem but still don't like the idea of having a wire across the living room while using the headset.
    Will the Neo do away with the extra box?

14. Post
    Dunno, it almost makes me want to wait to see if in a year or two they can come out with wireless VR headsets, but then again is it even possible to transfer that much data without a wire?

We have wireless keyboard, mice and headphones but these devices dont transfer much at all, where as a VR headset is doing gigabytes of data

15. Post
    They are already making backpack pc''s for the vive
    If psvr goes big you'll end up carrying a ps4 around on your back

16. Post
    That would require a big ass battery

17. Post
    To get the very best for your VR experience here's what you do.

Name:  vrcrop.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  120.9 KB

18. Post
    And looks like Driveclub VR is going to be a launch title.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/29/...-launch-title/

19. Post
    i sit about 1.5m from the TV, hopefuly thats enough space for the vr and playstation camera otherwise I cant buy it

20. Post
    price is attractive for PSVR

you could buy PSVR, PS camera and probably the new Neo console and still have change left over for what vive costs. And a lot of people that go for vive are going to need a new graphics card as well.

big bonus for Sony.

Also sounds like its fairly easy to get PSVR working on a PC

21. Post

22. Post
    looks awesome

23. Post
    FFS need to invest in a steering wheel too. I'm going to stop looking at this thread.

24. Post
    don't need to, but the steering wheel has always made a driving game more immersive, VR hasn't changed that

25. Post
    Need to