Page 1 of 37 123411 ... Last

1. Cool

PlayStation VR

I was not getting vr at all till I tried this at Auckland Armageddon 2015 it was amazing
    it was a new experience and with the “VR” the headset gives you an equivalent of an up to 225 TV with any
    ps4 games-------- its a must buy for me

The only places i know that still have day1 stock is jbhifi or the thewarehouse online store

I would love to hear your thoughts on VR its some thing you really need to try first
    Last edited by raven-au; 30th March 2016 at 6:49 am.

2. Post
    Not 100% committed to being a day one adopter, yet, but have many non tech relatives and have the urge to subjecting them to this kind of reaction.

https://youtu.be/kYhZEREhbsI
    Last edited by MCSquared; 29th March 2016 at 11:19 pm.

3. Post
    I'll be waiting to gen 2. The PS Move was pretty cool but failed after a good start. I'll wait and see what the outcome of PS VR is

4. Post
    zippy wrote:
    I'll be waiting to gen 2. The PS Move was pretty cool but failed after a good start. I'll wait and see what the outcome of PS VR is
    Same here. I wasn't an early adopter of Move - new tech like this, unless it's forced on me (i'm looking at you, Kinect), invariably gets better with age - new revisions etc, so i think i'll be waiting. It's a lot of money for something that turns out to not have long-term viability (if that's the way it goes).

The first wave of software is generally nothing more than tech demos. If they released a fully VR supported Driveclub or No Mans Sky, or something like that, with a full, proper version of the game (not just a gimped "GT prologue" version), i might be swayed.

At this stage though, my intention is to wait to see if it gets the developer support to justify the price tag.

5. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    The first wave of software is generally nothing more than tech demos. If they released a fully VR supported Driveclub or No Mans Sky, or something like that, with a full, proper version of the game (not just a gimped "GT prologue" version), i might be swayed.
    Star Wars Battlefront will be patching in support for PSVR.

6. Post
    So another console and this VR plus games you looking at $1500+
    hopefully PS4K is only around 500-600, Some games do look interesting though like that space one...

7. Post
    jbhifi is sold out no stock till end of year

If u want the VR only place with day 1 is the wharehouse online

8. Post
    Gonna wait for 2017, pickup ps4k and the 4k vr set next year

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Gonna wait for 2017, pickup ps4k and the 4k vr set next year
    I dont think it be 4k vr ? that would cost mega bucks

10. Post

11. Post
    Hope DC VR does come out would be sooo good, along with any other racing games with VR (GT Sports in all), would be one of the major reasons I'd buy VR early on

In the odd game like this one, I remember playing that old school one.. In maybe Ace Combat if it turns out any good.

12. Post
    Looks like PB have pre orders for day 1 stock.

http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=...408_PS4_27upd8

13. Post
    Got accepted for a Warehouse Money card, gives 5% off Warehouse purchases. Anyone know if this can be used towards a preorder? Will bring the price down to $597. They still have October stock.

14. Post
    MCSquared wrote:
    Got accepted for a Warehouse Money card, gives 5% off Warehouse purchases. Anyone know if this can be used towards a preorder? Will bring the price down to $597. They still have October stock.
    Best you give Customer Services a call to find out man (08007337433)

15. Post
    Thanks Veg will ask if this can be collected in store as well. Are you having one put aside in the stockroom day 1?

16. Post
    MCSquared wrote:
    Thanks Veg will ask if this can be collected in store as well. Are you having one put aside in the stockroom day 1?
    They arent sold in store. Only online.
    Na man I'm a bit sceptical regarding the first batch. There's going to be updates and patches aplenty so going to wait until next year.

17. Post
    Holy diddlies PSVR $US399, exceptional price point waiting to see what that equates to $NZ very eagerly.

18. Post
    MCSquared wrote:
    Holy diddlies PSVR $US399, exceptional price point waiting to see what that equates to $NZ very eagerly.
    https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...R-PS4/25022572

19. Post
    shouldnt it be closer to $560-570? why the price gouging?

20. Post
    MCSquared wrote:
    Well a 500Gb PS4 has a RRP of $349 in the US and retails in NZ for around $570, so I'd say no less than $650 for the VR unit in NZ

21. Post
    $567.61 is a direct conversion from U.S dollars which is a bit unfair.

Sure $567.61 if shipping costs didn't exist. Again this is the price we pay for living so far from the rest of the world.

The local distributor will have set the price that they will sell it to Mighty Ape so possibly look there for a markup.

Mightyape actually has to make some money on this, unless Mightyape suddenly decided to become a charity.

Feel free to import one and let us know the total price you pay by the time you have added shipping and possibly incurred customs charges/GST.

22. Post
    Oh wait, I though the $399 price was a reduction from the previous announced price. If its still the same as before then I'm not fussed at the $629 nz price as that's what I've budgeted for come October. Well its sub $600 with a Warehouse card, but preorders aren't available anymore on their website.

23. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    shouldnt it be closer to $560-570? why the price gouging?
    You're forgetting GST

24. Post
    People forget that the US prices are excluding tax. That's because each state has their own sales tax. If you add 10% in general for most states, then it becomes very similar to the listed price of Mightyape.

25. Post
    Summer Lesson coming out in Japan in October. The killer app/game the VR will need.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/13...playstation-4/