Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Escape from Tarkov

If you were a fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R or like survival games in general (DayZ, H1Z1, Rust etc...) put this game on your watchlist.

3 Game modes planned

There are three modes planned. The first and main one is the story progression mode with limited-time scenarios, somewhat similar to Destiny or Left 4 Dead, taking place over different locations and gradually leading the player to escape from Tarkov. These scenarios can be re-entered for exploration or looting. Second is the free-roam mode in the large open location of about 16 sq. km in size, where you can do pretty much anything (and even carry out some tasks) but without any time limit or key story progression. Third mode is Arena, which basically features a sort of gladiatorial fight. 1v1, 2v2, etc.
    - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how.../1100-6436115/

Alpha out next week for early backers, Beta to follow in a few months. Game is a one off purchase with no microtransactions or f2p.

2. Post
    Have to say this does look pretty cool.

3. Post
    How well will it run? Unity games tends to the have bollocks optimisation I've found. I can think of a few indie games that rebooted their development in Unreal Engine 4.0 from Unity.

For "higher end" graphical quality games UE4 seems to have largely replaced Unity as the "go-to" engine for indie developers. Certainly a different climate to the Kickstarter boom of 2012/2013.

4. Post
    I would be more happy if this was Stalker 3.

5. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I would be more happy if this was Stalker 3.
    Or just Stalker 2. F*ck MMOs and f*ck MP-focused games. I.e. I have zero interest in another Stalker spiritual successor, Survarium, for that very reason.

6. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Or just Stalker 2. F*ck MMOs and f*ck MP-focused games. I.e. I have zero interest in another Stalker spiritual successor, Survarium, for that very reason.
    MP is the business. SP focused games are shit, I couldn't even get into Witcher 3

Been keeping my eye on this and will def have a jam on it once it's developed a bit more

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Oh yeah, we didn't even get an official "2". Clear Sky was like "0" and Call of Pripyat was like "1.5"

8. Post
    Is any one playing this ? Add me on steam Gun_Nz. Looking to find some team mates :P

9. Post
    Yes Im bumping an old thread but huge .12 patch dropping tonight, never been so hyped for a patch lol

10. Post
    AU servers ?

11. Post
    Are you asking if there are any? then yes if so.

12. Post
    Yeah keen to crank new patch tonight

Sent from my M6 Note using Tapatalk

13. Post
    Going to resurrect this, but this is definitely a game to watch (and buy on sale)

- outstanding gunplay. Interesting ballistics (e.g. some rounds will destroy your limbs, while others shred armor.) And the wounding mechanic is no joke. I got my legs taken out in the first minute by an AI and I spent the rest of the game limping to the exit. Good thing it was night time and I had NVGs.

- great sound mechanic. Sound discipline is a big deal in this game. So is sound amplification by active-hearing earpro. Some poor fella ran on metal yesterday, I heard him coming and prepared an ambush. He had over 400k of loot on him.

- Minimalist Hud.

- Great weapon customisation option. Not many game allows you turn a plain jane sks into a suppressed, 30 rnd, foregriped with adjustable stock running a 45* offset red dot and a 4x PSOP1.

- game is an interesting mix of looter-shooter, PvE, PvP, and Squad roled into one at this stage of the development. You need loot to sell and buy gear, but there is a scav option to help you learn the map and earn cash wothout losing your mean gear atm.
    Drives like an Asian till he gets behind the wheel of a holden

14. Post
    Ive been grinding it just about every day since the .12
    patch dropped, it just feels like a more complete game now.

Next major patch .13 is ment to have 1 new map and they are currently working on a sound overhaul.

15. Post
    HandofBlood wrote:
    Ive been grinding it just about every day since the .12
    patch dropped, it just feels like a more complete game now.

Next major patch .13 is ment to have 1 new map and they are currently working on a sound overhaul.
    Grind every fay?

Guess we know who's the high rolla running 7n1 Igolniks now!

16. Post
    Not as bad as it sounds lol only get 2-4 hours in a night Im only lvl 35, 17.6mil RUB

I was running 7n when running AKs but really taken a liking to the AS VAL with SPP for 2 seconds of 30 round laser-beam shredding.

17. Post
    the live action movie trailers is great ! the game , bit too much for me lol

18. Post
    Currently 25% off if your keen to pick it up as its a crazy expensive for a early access game so best to buy while discounted.

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page

19. Post
    I paid something like 190NZD for the edge of darkness edition haha.

20. Post
    Keen on this game, but I have enough betas already that need to hit full release.

21. Post
    I need a team - PM me here if keen for a bit of a go at this.

22. Post
    Eldon wrote:
    I need a team - PM me here if keen for a bit of a go at this.
    Try these guys

https://discord.gg/XREB6q2

Pretty helpful bunch I find.

23. Post
    Third RAID episode got drop this morning.

24. Post
    Interesting game, might give it a go when I can.

25. Post
    Not a bad game but I find it too stressful in terms of losing my gear, then I rage quit and then I forget I had it insured. PLay a few rounds every now and then though.