1. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    Not a bad game but I find it too stressful in terms of losing my gear, then I rage quit and then I forget I had it insured. PLay a few rounds every now and then though.
    Once you get your head around the game you lose the gear fear, It's easy as to make money. I was the same when i first started. Never went in with anything of value but now i regularly go into raids with 500K+ worth of gear on.

2. Post
    Anyone in any discord groups who want to squad up some time

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

3. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Once you get your head around the game you lose the gear fear, It's easy as to make money. I was the same when i first started. Never went in with anything of value but now i regularly go into raids with 500K+ worth of gear on.
    I do that too and then lose it again then back to sneaking through scav runs that usually end up with me getting blasted by a player scav from a distance lol. I generally rely on my more skillful mates to carry me through until I've got some decent gear again.

4. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    I do that too and then lose it again then back to sneaking through scav runs that usually end up with me getting blasted by a player scav from a distance lol. I generally rely on my more skillful mates to carry me through until I've got some decent gear again.
    Go into interchange at night with a skav bag and empty your alpha/gamma, Take a pistol so you don't get the 1% health thing if you die. Loot oli and the tech stores and get out. I've made a mill in the last hour doing that. Throw anything worth a bit into your alpha/gamma.

5. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Go into interchange at night with a skav bag and empty your alpha/gamma, Take a pistol so you don't get the 1% health thing if you die. Loot oli and the tech stores and get out. I've made a mill in the last hour doing that. Throw anything worth a bit into your alpha/gamma.
    I will definitely give this a go. Thanks for the advise mate.

6. Post
    Th3WhiteKnight wrote:
    Not a bad game but I find it too stressful in terms of losing my gear, then I rage quit and then I forget I had it insured. PLay a few rounds every now and then though.
    So gear fear is entirely psychological due to perceived scarcity.

The only real antidote is $.

For example, I know my pmc build generally cost about $200k.
    I am sitting on 40 mil worth of gear and have 4 sets of AK74N built to the same spec. Am I still feeling gear fear now? I still get sweaty armpits, but I can laugh at myself when I die lol.

Plus the shit and giggles you get out of this game is like nothing else: the rush of contact, the shenanigans when you put a bullet into someone qho didn't know you are there, the loot, etc.
    Drives like an Asian till he gets behind the wheel of a holden

7. Post
    Man, this game can be super lame at times. Trying to do my punisher quest killing 25 scavs at Customs. Not only are scavs scarce, but I keep having to kill pmcs and human scavs. Including a camper hiding in the bush with a thermal mosin who missed.

Could have sworm I have killed an equal amount of humans vs ai now lol.

8. Post
    Yeah seems to be a bug in the last week where AI wont spawn on servers have had it twice on Reserv and once on Customs.

9. Post
    They need to go back to having 2 or 3 OCE servers instead of 1, The matching times are getting ridiculous.

10. Post
    Yeah or just remove region lock (or up it to 250 ping - which IMO is playable on tarkov)

11. Post
    I've been looking at picking this up but God damn the price is crazy for a early access game

12. Post
    Worth it, Once you play this game you won't want to play any other fps. Get the Edge of Darkness edition. Just a cool 210NZD or something at the moment.

13. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Worth it, Once you play this game you won't want to play any other fps. Get the Edge of Darkness edition. Just a cool 210NZD or something at the moment.
    Won't be worth it if i don't like the game haha

14. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Whats so great about it? From what I've watched on Twitch it seems like too much sneaking around and walking for ages without running into anyone. Then again I like CoD so the slow pace isn't really my cup of tea lol

15. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Whats so great about it? From what I've watched on Twitch it seems like too much sneaking around and walking for ages without running into anyone. Then again I like CoD so the slow pace isn't really my cup of tea lol
    You just answered your own question lol. But nah i was playing apex and cod before i jumped into tarkov. It really is what you make of it. You can play like that or you can go in with some decent gear and hit the hot spots on the maps and get plenty of action. It's not for everyone i just have a hard on for it at the moment and haven't really played a game like it before, How in depth it is etc. Making crazy guns and playing around with different things is what makes it.

Not sure which streamer you watch but shroud,pestily and veritas all play pretty aggressive and show off what you can get up to once you get your head around it and start making some money.

16. Post
    Aggression is possible and there are times when going hard is the only answer - generally though with the great sound, a walking, deliberate style is much more effective.

Game is unreal - it's all I play now.

17. Post
    If anyone is looking for an active Aussie discord to roll with , check our ours https://discord.gg/qfth3mU

18. Post
    Caved and bought it. Very different from most games I've played. Feels a bit bland with ai though if I'm being honest. And the optimisation needs lots of work.

19. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    You get to choose your style of gameplay: the so-called "rat vs chad" life.

https://youtu.be/o286LaBz__Y

I'm both a rat and a Dyson lol. That's why I have 25 mil and running 5.45 ABs/7.62 Bp/SNB ammo haha

Check Veritas, Shroud, Grimm, Pestily or even DeadlySlob's twitch for what kinetic gameplay is like.

Maps like labs and factory are for fast-paced, CQB action (or camp fest, or nade fest)

Maps like reserve and woods are sniper-fest where things will be slow and over in seconds.

Maps like Customs, interchange, and shoreline are a mix of everything.

20. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Caved and bought it. Very different from most games I've played. Feels a bit bland with ai though if I'm being honest. And the optimisation needs lots of work.
    Optimisation does need some work. The AI is (can be) ****ing terrifying unless you are just funnelling them into a safe angle then they are piss easy - they have some good aimbot.

21. Post
    Is this game the new pubg

22. Post
    Doubt it. Tarkov is a mil sim not a BR. It got a huge influx of players from the twitch event but most won't stick around imo.

23. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    You were right lol. Jamming it hard

24. Post
    Yeah man it gets way more fun when you start earning some money and can start mucking around with load outs and guns. Watch some YouTube vids. Heaps of good tarkov content around.

Pro tip: Wear headsets every pmc run they make a huge difference. My favorite are the Sordins.

25. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Yeah man it gets way more fun when you start earning some money and can start mucking around with load outs and guns. Watch some YouTube vids. Heaps of good tarkov content around.

Pro tip: Wear headsets every pmc run they make a huge difference. My favorite are the Sordins.
    I'm at about 1 mil now and completely full stash. Got the hang of it real quick as the ai is pretty much identical to Arma 3