Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Yeah he asked his doctor about it for his *friend*
    This was also for Chris AKA ludez

2. Post
    cwm wrote:
    This was also for Chris AKA ludez
    So why did he do the tests on you then? Oh nevermind sorry that wasn't a test it was just fun kk

3. Post
    I'll be honest, I'm 28, own a house and I'll pirate a game...

...If it doesn't have a demo and I'm not sure if I'll like it. I've gone back to study so $100 is a bit of money for me I guess, but heck, if I can't try it then I'm not going to buy it anyway, so I may as well give it a go and give them the chance of getting my money. I've got a few games now that I bought for full price on steam and have no recorded play time I just finished the game on the "other" install of it.

4. Post
    I have a feeling that Doom will do well for Bethesda and will have generally good word of mouth from players. Angry old men will be a vocal minority.

Forget this "weak MP" stuff (as if anyone really played Doom solely for that!), the REAL mistake is not offering proper mod tools. Snap Map won't be a valid substitute for that in the slightest. Doom 1/2 (and 3 to a lesser extent) still have active communities all these years later because of mods!

cwm wrote:
    And by "friend" I mean Chris AKA ludez
    Name:  software pirate captain jack.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  118.7 KB

5. Post
    snap map is also really limited. can only do tight indoor areas with it - won't even be able to recreate doom 1/2 in it

6. Post
    Games do not cost $100 these days lol

7. Post
    johnny utah wrote:
    Games do not cost $100 these days lol
    They do in NZ. In fact, Doom is $120 at The Warehouse. Getting my copy for $70NZD from overseas.

8. Post
    Yeah they actually do cost $100 well atleast every aaa game does

9. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    They do in NZ. In fact, Doom is $120 at The Warehouse. Getting my copy for $70NZD from overseas.
    Sure it'll cost like $89 or something on release day like they usually do. Other places will have it for around $100 or more.

10. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Well don't buy locally! You guys aren't pleb EB customers, you know better. I remember when Mad Max came out I saw a Warehouse catalogue and then laughed out loud. The game was advertised for like $89 when you could get a CD key at launch for ~$30!

Turns out that the MP was out-sourced to a small studio made up of ex-Bungie employees. Can't say that I'm surprised.
    Developer id Software has teamed up with Certain Affinity to develop the multiplayer part of Doom. It is not the first time Certain Affinity has partnered with a well-known studio to work exclusively on the multiplayer segment of a game; the studio has contributed to the multiplayer development of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Halo 4, amongst others.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wat.../1100-6435474/
    Last edited by ludez; 9th April 2016 at 4:03 pm.

11. Post
    But eva we are on ps4, we can't buy cdkeys....................Also no need for that language man

12. Post
    ludez wrote:
    But eva we are on ps4, we can't buy cdkeys
    Oh really? I paid like $35 for an Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection CD key, PS4 exclusive mate.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Oh really? I paid like $35 for an Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection CD key, PS4 exclusive mate.
    Hook us up please. I would buy that

14. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Hook us up please. I would buy that
    gamedealdaily bro, remember? All sold out though.

15. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    gamedealdaily bro, remember? All sold out though.
    Actually do remember that. But that is a one off right? it's not like you can just go buy new aaa games at real discounts?

16. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I remember when Mad Max came out I saw a Warehouse catalogue and then laughed out loud. The game was advertised for like $89 when you could get a CD key at launch for ~$30!
    Yea but you can re-sell the game on tardme or GP buy, sell & tard. Another thing you can do is purchase a game at *shrug* EB games, clock it within 7 days and return the game saying you don't like it and get your money back.

17. Post
    ChizzBo wrote:
    Yea but you can re-sell the game on tardme or GP buy, sell & tard. Another thing you can do is purchase a game at *shrug* EB games, clock it within 7 days and return the game saying you don't like it and get your money back.
    ^tis what i do at ebgames, essentially a free game

18. Post
    I think it's like $74 PS4 if you go to nzgameshop not sure of other places online.

19. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I have a feeling that Doom will do well for Bethesda and will have generally good word of mouth from players. Angry old men will be a vocal minority.

Forget this "weak MP" stuff (as if anyone really played Doom solely for that!), the REAL mistake is not offering proper mod tools. Snap Map won't be a valid substitute for that in the slightest. Doom 1/2 (and 3 to a lesser extent) still have active communities all these years later because of mods!
    Yup!