1. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    some dota streamer flew all the way to nz from germany to bang her lol. She lives with him in germany now.
    so is that what she's up to now. I went back on to FB.. im unfriended LOL
    bwap bwapp... that attention seeking tho in that vid O_o bordering MFC (which i think of them less somewhat)

2. Post
    Some Friends and i recently started a lets play channel and we are all based in Wellington.. its in its baby steps but i feel like we are starting to make decent stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQh...aWOHAmAu28MkbA

3. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Could a Kiwi actually make a good living from being a You Tuber? It seems you either have to be American or European to make the big bucks. Obviously most people (apart from Kiwis it seems) would prefer watching YTers from their own country and with our tiny population it doesn't seem very promising.
    Ofc, shannnxox already does this. I only watch Jimi Jackson and Twitch streamers already mentioned apart from arigurumusic and PhaseChanger but they're small streamers.

4. Post
    I think you definitely can. It does hurt that you can't visit any of the big events ( I would have loved to go to LAN Syndicate) but apart from that as long as your content is good you could be filming from anywhere.

5. Post
    Hi guys my name is pewdiepiiieeeee

I tried to do a top5 channel for different things in life but way too buzy..

6. Post
    Eclectic Gamester wrote:
    Ofc, shannnxox already does this. I only watch Jimi Jackson and Twitch streamers already mentioned apart from arigurumusic and PhaseChanger but they're small streamers.
    Jimi is a crack up Kent! Found out about him while watching frenchy.

7. Post
    Thanks everyone for your help. I have thrown together a small Google sheet of YouTubers and Twitch streamers in NZ who show games and aren't totally inactive. I think I've dug pretty deep and got a pretty solid list - any further submissions welcome!

8. Post
    That's awesome Tiny, mad props.

9. Post
    I'm sharing it with the game dev communities in NZ to help them figure out press event invites and whatnot. We are a long way from the rest of the YouTubers and streamers in the world - which reduces the chances for local devs (indies in particular) to run cool press events. I'm hoping I can grow this list and help. I also love helping local tubers grow and get better at the hobby.

10. Post
    Richie Allan, does a couple guitar covers but think some of his bands music is up on his channel too, he is a dope as player

11. Post
    popopop wrote:
    Richie Allan, does a couple guitar covers but think some of his bands music is up on his channel too, he is a dope as player
    Thanks - but strictly aiming for gaming channels.

12. Post
    Phew! Up to 58 gaming channels and streamers now, including a couple of devs who stream too. I've weeded out some I was suggested because they looked quite inactive. I've shared the list with the game dev community, LogitechAU, NvidiaANZ, PBTech, ComputerLounge, Playtech - Maybe we'll see tech companies and content creators and devs working together for a better tomorrow

13. Post
    Kiwi Dude posts videos of military rations/ready to eat meals (MRE) from various countries - unboxing, prepping etc. He eats some of them too, even if they're old as ****.

https://www.youtube.com/user/KiwiDudeMRE/videos

14. Post
    Thanks. But those aren't games. I have, however, found a ton more via socialblade.com's country list. Updating another 20 channels lol.

Oh god, about done.
    Last edited by TinyPirate; 23rd May 2016 at 5:17 pm.

15. Thumbs up
    heres my bro's link was on YT but switched to beam :

https://beam.pro/EastyMeetsWesty

plays all the mainstream games

16. Post
    epic thread necro brah

17. Post
    Sorry for the necro!

NZ Streamer (auckland)

twitch.tv/dark_necessities

Stream 5 (yes, FIVE) nights a week. Current rotation is 2 nights of Stardew Valley, 2 nights of Amnesia and a random night (can play anything)

Recently completed/streamed games include Alien Isolation (on nightmare), Dishonored

Affiliate

18. Post
    Sounds shit.

Personally I think I could get a 100 thousand subs just by my mere presence. I can go on about all sorts of neat shit, like weather forecasts, star trek trends, jock itch, kidney stones, and how you can get cheap anal beads from china that will give you lead poisoning (happened to a friend).

No one gives a shit about games bro.

19. Post
    A guy rage quit my workplace a couple of years ago, said in his abusive email sent to everyone that he was gonna make bank on the internet. I scoffed but he's got hundreds of thousands of subscribers on YouTube and Twitch and all he does is play NBA2K19.

20. Post
    S.E.D. wrote:
    A guy rage quit my workplace a couple of years ago, said in his abusive email sent to everyone that he was gonna make bank on the internet. I scoffed but he's got hundreds of thousands of subscribers on YouTube and Twitch and all he does is play NBA2K19.
    If you have time, are dedicated and entertaining enough it's certainly do-able.

Have you ever though about getting into it?

21. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Sounds shit.

Personally I think I could get a 100 thousand subs just by my mere presence. I can go on about all sorts of neat shit, like weather forecasts, star trek trends, jock itch, kidney stones, and how you can get cheap anal beads from china that will give you lead poisoning (happened to a friend).

No one gives a shit about games bro.
    Aren't you just a box of fluffies...

22. Post
    you're probably going to get a bunch of hate. Your first post was literally shilling your stream. No trying to be a part of the community, no getting to know people, just straight register -> post link -> disappear.

23. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    you're probably going to get a bunch of hate. Your first post was literally shilling your stream. No trying to be a part of the community, no getting to know people, just straight register -> post link -> disappear.
    I appreciate that and understand that.

Although I won't disappear

Perhaps it was the wrong thing to do as a first post but I plan on being around the forums more.

24. Post
    I plan to spread the word that your stream is bullshit you shouldn't have to beg for views, earn them.

25. Post
    You do what keeps you happy bro