Page 9 of 9 First ... 6789

1. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:
    What gear and weapons are you using? Are you struggling to get out of the way of a particular attack?

The gear, weapons, and stances you use make a lot of difference in the game.

I played through most of the game in light armour using Dual Swords and the Kusarigama. The extra movement speed and dodge range helps a lot once you learn the attack patterns of the enemies you are struggling against.
    Yeah, initially it was just dodging attacks they seemed random. Doing a bit better now, beat that flying chick on the third try, so I'm going to truck on! Trying to keep the armour equipped in the "green" percentage range to make sure I don't use too much stamina when swinging etc.

2. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Yeah, initially it was just dodging attacks they seemed random. Doing a bit better now, beat that flying chick on the third try, so I'm going to truck on! Trying to keep the armour equipped in the "green" percentage range to make sure I don't use too much stamina when swinging etc.
    Another thing you will need to master the further you progress is to get your Ki pulse timing nailed. With skill unlocks that allow you to regain Ki energy by changing stances and getting the timing after landing combos.
    Blocking heavy attacks will use up your Ki, and leave you staggered if you run out which is a bad place to be.

The more you can pulse the Ki meter the better you will be. So it's good to practice early and get used to doing it.

3. Post
    Holy shit that area where you're in the mines with the poison gas is annoying af lol. Have to admit I'm not enjoying this game anywhere near as much as Bloodborne. BB was challenging as well but it was still fun & enjoyable. I've stopped playing for the moment not sure if I feel like going on lol.

4. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Holy shit that area where you're in the mines with the poison gas is annoying af lol. Have to admit I'm not enjoying this game anywhere near as much as Bloodborne. BB was challenging as well but it was still fun & enjoyable. I've stopped playing for the moment not sure if I feel like going on lol.
    I thought that part was annoying too, until I found out how to get rid of the poison gas.

5. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:
    Another thing you will need to master the further you progress is to get your Ki pulse timing nailed. With skill unlocks that allow you to regain Ki energy by changing stances and getting the timing after landing combos.
    Blocking heavy attacks will use up your Ki, and leave you staggered if you run out which is a bad place to be.

The more you can pulse the Ki meter the better you will be. So it's good to practice early and get used to doing it.
    Cheers bro, yeah I'm doing better now, but even with the decent armour I seem to have, I still get 1 or 2 shotted, even by normal enemies.

6. Post
    I should really get the season pass for the 3 DLC packs, but my backlog is so big ; ;

7. Post

8. Post
    Thank you did not know this was in production. My controller has gone scurrying to hide in a corner.

9. Post
    damn still need to finish the first one

10. Post

11. Post
    43.7102 N, 7.2620 E

And Nioh 2 Beta Hitting PS4 This November, Will Be Open to Everyone.

https://www.destructoid.com/nioh-2-s...1-566975.phtml
    Last edited by GeneralZod; 16th September 2019 at 8:21 am.

12. Post
    Some new gameplay and the demo hits later this week.

13. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Some new gameplay and the demo hits later this week.

Played the beta a month or so back, I actually thought I downloaded the Nioh demo because it looked and felt the same.

14. Post
    Hmmmm will be interesting to see if any graphical improvements since you last played.

And can compare the two now that Nioh is the freebie on PS+.

Nioh 2 releases 13/3/20

15. Post
    Yeah I'll be keen to see if it's any different

16. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Played the beta a month or so back, I actually thought I downloaded the Nioh demo because it looked and felt the same.
    Bloody hell you're not wrong there, graphics look like something out of a ps2. Gameplay is still great, rocking dual swords and chain sickle. Will need to fireup Nioh once it drops and compare the two, looks like many more options in the skill tree and upgrades.

17. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Bloody hell you're not wrong there, graphics look like something out of a ps2. Gameplay is still great, rocking dual swords and chain sickle. Will need to fireup Nioh once it drops and compare the two, looks like many more options in the skill tree and upgrades.
    Haha yeah, I was shocked! Still it's more of the same, so can't complain

18. Post
    So BP you finished Nioh but not Sekiro?

19. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    So BP you finished Nioh but not Sekiro?
    Yet mate, finished Nioh 4 times, I've put 160 hours into it, but no plat yet, having too much fun. Honestly got bored of Sekiro

20. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    This new Beta starts off different to the one I played before. You started off in the same dojo, and did the same basic techniques, which Is why I thought I downloaded Nioh 1 lol

21. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    This new Beta starts off different to the one I played before. You started off in the same dojo, and did the same basic techniques, which Is why I thought I downloaded Nioh 1 lol