1. Post
    yeah but u can pretend to be an archeologist in a movie

u can't fake sex appeal

2. Post
    And shooting shit, being a bit of a badass in general

3. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Don't even pretend like it isn't true. That's one of the great things about East Asian entertainment industries, there's an air of honesty. None of this "OMG so much TALENT and look a TRUE ARTIST" faux marketing that's prevalent in Western entertainment industries (eg Lorde). EVERYTHING in every GLOBAL entertainment industry is carefully orchestrated and manufactured from behind the scenes. A good example is Lana Del Rey, the record company failed at marketing her like Katy Perry so they repackaged her to appeal to lo-fi indie bros who read Pitchfork and that worked.

Mainstream entertainment content is about escapism. Most people don't want to pay money just to see ordinary looking people just like them doing ordinary things. That why the top entertainers are generally the top physical specimens that humanity has to offer and why superhero films are such big earners.
    No, it's not about that at all. It's about NERDS on the INTERNET spazzing out about a female comic/vidya character being translated to screen and the actress not having big enough tits.

The exact same thing happened with Gal Gadot in BvS and it was a storm in a teapot, nobody cared when it turned out she was actually SHOCK a good actress who suited the role. Vikander, even if she ends up in a bad film, will most likely be very good in it, no matter what her breast size is.

I'm no SJW, it's just basic film analysis, focusing on purely the physical attributes of whoever they choose to cast is kind of missing the point entirely. You realise they can be attractive AND good at the craft of acting, right?

So that's the reason you like K-POP so much. Because they drop the pretense of actually trying to be artistic.

4. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    The exact same thing happened with Gal Gadot in BvS and it was a storm in a teapot, nobody cared when it turned out she was actually SHOCK a good actress who suited the role. Vikander, even if she ends up in a bad film, will most likely be very good in it, no matter what her breast size is.
    Lulwut? Gal Gadot was awful in BvS. I haven't seen such a limited range of acting ability from a superhero film lead since Andrew Garfield in Amazing Spider-man. I'm extremely pessimistic about the Wonder Woman solo film due next year.

I'm no SJW, it's just basic film analysis, focusing on purely the physical attributes of whoever they choose to cast is kind of missing the point entirely. You realise they can be attractive AND good at the craft of acting, right?
    Let's ignore the OP where I acknowledged her acting ability. It's only one part of the equation.

So that's the reason you like K-POP so much. Because they drop the pretense of actually trying to be artistic. You dreary sod.
    Actually it's because I like some of the music. Everything else are just pluses, but I wouldn't miss them if they weren't there. Lately I've been playing Azealia Banks' new mixtape on repeat.
    Tormenta wrote:
    I believe the requirement to have a top heavy Lara Croft has been outmoded for some time.

to wit;
    Game reboot Lara is still fairly chesty and fixed camera angles in said game definitely emphasised that. Good thing clothing layering and wonderbras exist.

5. Post
    Is it going to be a drama? If not who cares if they are Oscar worthy or not.

Just give Nicolas Cage some implats.

6. Post
    IIRC all talk about this TR movie is that it's going to be based on the recent reboot games: ie., the younger Lara. Ergo, no titcow required.

Had they gone for the older Lara from the earlier games then by all means Hayley Atwell or Gemma Atkinson would have been better.

7. Post
    k-pop is bad & unpleasant.

8. Post
    its a disaster that this movie wont cater to your dick

9. Post
    I'd probably watch 3 hours of Alicia Vikander going through the motions of dealing with food poisoning, ergo, I'll definitely give this a go. Tomb Raider is cool too...

10. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I would argue strongly with that, she's an archaeologist

When I think of her games I think of exploring temples, not tits
    Some may say it's also about going up to a wall and getting the camera in just the right place.

11. Post
    Sex appeal is a big part of the Tomb Raider franchise.

12. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    shhhh... apparently we aren't allowed to state the obvious in 2016

13. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    And sex appeal only = big jugs?

14. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    And sex appeal only = big jugs?
    Is that even a question? Do you pee sitting down? Are you an ISIS sympathizer?

15. Post
    I'll just show myself out.

16. Post
    Mate..

17. Post
    You're fighting an unwinnable fight Gwarden. Leave the virgins be.

Am unsure how casting an actress with a bigger cup size would improve the movie in any way. Vikander is a good actress, and objectively attractive anyway.

18. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    You're fighting an unwinnable fight Gwarden. Leave the virgins be.

Am unsure how casting an actress with a bigger cup size would improve the movie in any way. Vikander is a good actress, and objectively attractive anyway.
    lol no one said she isn't attractive. all eva did was make a throwaway comment that she doesn't have the assets. her assets, the skimpy outfits - the green tank top and short shorts in particular is what is most memorable about the character. no one remembers the forgettable adventures she had. they probably forgot the horrible controls the games had too.

tomb raider reboot has little to do with previous games besides sharing the same name and the sexy female protagonist and another forgettable adventure. the clothing, the fixed camera angles (that also were in original games) are all there to showcase her ass and cleavage whenever possible. afaik the 2nd one does the same

gee i wonder why they chose angelina jolie for the previous 2 films

the only reason this is being made into a movie is because of brand recognition and the associations that come with it.

there is nothing original about tomb raider outside of the character's design.

19. Post
    is there even a skimpy outfit in the new tomb raider game?

Im only at like 20% progress or something, but it's basically just lara wearing giant parkas while she guilt trips herself over never believing her father's crazy conspiracy theories when he was still alive

20. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    is there even a skimpy outfit in the new tomb raider game?

Im only at like 20% progress or something, but it's basically just lara wearing giant parkas while she guilt trips herself over never believing her father's crazy conspiracy theories when he was still alive
    imagine having actual character development in a game smh

21. Post
    i wanted to choose the chainmail armour outfit but i didnt have the shekels for it

22. Post
    Lara Croft without big tits is like having Kung Fu Panda played by a Sun Bear

23. Post
    or like a gpforums poster that isnt a raving neckbeard

24. Post
    Alicia is phenomenally beautiful and fits the part.

25. Post
    too flat up top tbh, J Lawrence would been better